Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2015, 16:33   #61

Re: Looking For Liveaboard's Couple New Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
STEPHANO, it would help people to help you, if you would describe to us the full extent of you practical skills.....no , not stock market etc.
But, how good are you at eg, a/c electrical, d/c electrical, pneumatics/hydraulics, engine or gearbox overhauls, rudder shaft bearing replacement,
tapping holes in h/t alumium.....many many jobs not listed, carpentry/Everduring.......so so much.
Brother, where do you stand in the APPROPRIATe skills line_up
Are you an Artist/painter...or are you a welder..a psychologist perhaps.?
If its ok with you then let the team know because your pragmatic talents are a v e r y big part of the whole project evaluation.
NO PRESSURE, only if you want to tell.
Matey, it concerned me when i initially read that you wanted a 50 footer (no steel or wood bottomless pits were criteria..sensibly) in Alloy of F/glass
Alarm bells! Thats why the troll hunters were sharpening their flints.
More info supplied will help produce a better level of advice.
Lizzy, Sandero et al are bloody smart and genuinely kind to boot....stick with this and you should have a satisfying result.
Your doin' good so far IMHO.
Arrievedierci, Bruno.
Quote about lizzy and sandero

From the beginninf, Ac experience is ok, i can wire life saver, light, make a electric mainbox, the same if not better for dc, wire sizing, battery balancing, calculation, inverter, battery charger, quite good hydraulics, pneumatic..mh never thought about it but i can use a pneumatic rivet and use a spray painter and check and fill my car's tire (Joking but serious, sorry, can't be serious)

Ok for changin oil, fuel filter, alternator, belt, starter, let's say all around work, no, can't change a rudder bearing but if i see one i can unmount and fix if,for sure, carpentry ok (i'm a alluminium, iron windows maker, and iron structure builder like loft, welding , painting, ok) Founde professional wood worker for help, and unspecialized handy work. For sure, engine and propellershaft alignment will be done with the help of an expert professional engine installer, the same for all the rigging, help for mast, roller placing, put rig on, ecc

Bruno, are you italian?
stefano_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 16:38   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
I think I've figured out the three words:

Fast ... Cheap ... Quality

As I recall, tho, one can only have two.

This thread keeps getting better: Stefano is buying a boat with a credit card which gives me three other words: Now I understand!

Well, Mates, the holiday is over, thank goodness, move along, nothing to see here.

Cheap and quality, i'm not going to race for a regata...

I'd mean actually spent, USE your credit card, bank account, wire transfer, paypal, cash, gold bar? Are you kidding me?

The meaning of the sentence was: there is a difference between talking about expense, read about it, and make it. I hope you can understand this (if it's my english i apoligize but i don't think it's that....)
Old 26-12-2015, 16:40   #63

Quote:
What's the vig monthly interest on CC debt of 80k euros?

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see the future here.
Meaning time to LOOK FOR a plastic hull boat.....

No sorry, i don't mean plastic, it means fiberglass, just to be against some missunderstanding...
Old 26-12-2015, 16:43   #64

Quote:
CRAB. If only you could hear yourself....pitiful.
I understand that english is not your first language but nowhere did Steph suggest buying a boat with a c/card.
That suggestion came from within the darker corners of your demeanour.
I suspect you were never taught 'kindness' but never to late to learn.

Quote, he likes to (as italians says) dig s..hit's to the other's peoples...I can't understand why honestly.

Use the credit card FOR the boat, it means, you ALREADY have a boat, and then you use your credit card for fuel and so on...
Old 26-12-2015, 16:44   #65

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Looking For Liveaboard's Couple New Boat

Gotcha. My bad.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 16:46   #66

Quote:
Leftbrain. You are right, Stephs figure were probably missing a zero but with the help of CF he WILL get there...unlikelt 50 foot but he will get there.
A bit of encouragement is a great panacea in the absence of wealth and/or previous experience.
Stephano....never give up the dream, providing of course you have skills and inclme.
Thanks for your honest and clever words.
Old 26-12-2015, 16:52   #67

Quote:
Gotcha. My bad.
No problem, i forgive you

P.s. just to know where are you from? Just to pay more attention when writing in english and do not make any more missunderstanding
Old 26-12-2015, 19:08   #68

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.

Stephano.
I suspect that there are are
THOUSANDS on CF who would love to have your skills. It all makes your projected budgetting look much more feasable...just need to find the right PLASTIC boat to fit your budget...not going to be easy but in my opinion...YOU could well be Stephanos best surveyor/decision maker....its all in the skills list you entered.
Take heart Stephano.......imho.....your plan is lookin' MUCH better now...ask Lizzy for an opinion.
We have a saying : "Its hard to soar like an eagle when you walk with turkeys".
There are 1 or 2 scoffers on this thread.....ignore the bastards.
Nuh! Not Italian...my Roman brother_in_ calls me Bruno.....thought you might like the company.
Cheers
Brian Lara. not the cricketer!
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 19:12   #69

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.

Crab. You lookin' good now. Imho.
B.Lara. cant find the truce/smiley button. Me not smart enough.
Old 27-12-2015, 16:22   #70

Quote:
Stephano.
I suspect that there are are
THOUSANDS on CF who would love to have your skills. It all makes your projected budgetting look much more feasable...just need to find the right PLASTIC boat to fit your budget...not going to be easy but in my opinion...YOU could well be Stephanos best surveyor/decision maker....its all in the skills list you entered.
Take heart Stephano.......imho.....your plan is lookin' MUCH better now...ask Lizzy for an opinion.
We have a saying : "Its hard to soar like an eagle when you walk with turkeys".
There are 1 or 2 scoffers on this thread.....ignore the bastards.
Nuh! Not Italian...my Roman brother_in_ calls me Bruno.....thought you might like the company.
Cheers
Brian Lara. not the cricketer!

Thanks,

I still in dubt for going to selfbuilding or buy ( you know the dream are hard to die or maybe a mental disorder called fixation...)

However i'm going to see some boat for sale, even very near to me just to give myself an idea.

Just to know, when you go for the first time to give a look at a boat that is on sale, a "ride" is included? To check all the rigging, the engine, ecc

For sure decisionmaking, surveyor i would profere a professional one, i don't know much about wood and less more about fiberglass, no idea on it, if not what i read in many blog/forum, ecc but never worked with it.

I like your saying

Lol, get it, needed google image about cricketer
Old 27-12-2015, 16:25   #71

Stephano. IF YOU GOOGLE IMAGE"BRIAN LARA" YOU WILLL NOT see me.
Nickname in India is Lara.
Cheers
Old 27-12-2015, 16:36   #72

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Looking For Liveaboard's Couple New Boat

Quote:
Cheers
They call me "Crab" ... "Blue Crab."
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 16:47   #73

Quote:
Cheers
Lol before your post i don't even know that a cricket player was a cricketer, i get your joke but to be sure i checked in google LOL
Old 27-12-2015, 17:31   #74

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano_ita View Post
Thanks,

However i'm going to see some boat for sale, even very near to me just to give myself an idea.

Just to know, when you go for the first time to give a look at a boat that is on sale, a "ride" is included? To check all the rigging, the engine, ecc
No, you generally won't get a ride when you look at a boat for the first time.

Frequently you won't get a ride until you are prepared to put down a deposit contingent on a satisfactory sea trial.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 19:59   #75

EXACTLY as StuM said.....no free rides Stephano...pay multi Liras, ride ....um, maybe???????.

Steph, the ride is only proof the boat floats...already you see it floating.
90% of the proof you need is experienced eyes and ears at the wharf/mooring/anchor.
After you PROVE to the seller that you are serious (proof is big €'s) then she comes onto the land for another look...if looking good...go for ride.
Capiche Stephano?
Im getting a little, little worried. Little!
Steph' how you feel about praying to Mary ????? Every day from now on. For whatever you think that praying is worth.
BIG RULE Steph' DO NOT BUY A CHEAP SURVEYOR. YOU, possibly more than anyone else in Europe need the worlds best surveyor and hire a good mathematician also Brother.
None of us want to see you loose your pants over this "Herculean Leap di Stephano" . Tread with cold heart, no Italian emotion i think.
Are you back on Earth Brother?
Good luck Capitano Stephano.

Tags
liveaboard