Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2011, 17:08   #16
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Now I cannot get my mind off this boat. I want one.
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 17:44   #17

Boat: 30ft Catalac 900 "Rubessa"
Quote:
Originally Posted by red beard View Post
My father has an espace 1000 and I have a moody 33, the espace beats it on every point of sailing and inside is like a luxury apartment. Great boat, is in no way like a motor sailor.

If you want to know anything specific let me know
Many thanks, to be able to say that against a comparable size Moody is praise indeed.

Idealy, I was after a boat 10 years or more newer but these really have caught my interest I have to say.
Old 18-01-2011, 18:38   #18
cruiser

simonmd - are you sure you can deal with this smaller size? You currently have a 57 flybridge!
Old 18-01-2011, 20:06   #19

Lol, yes, given it alot of thought. The way I look at it, I already took a big step in downsizing from a reasonable sized flat (apartment) to my present boat and after a year on board, I've had no problems, so I can't see any major issues. I've got used to cooking in a small galley (mine is probably no bigger than most sailboats have) and so long as i've got some room to spread out and watch tv and then a comfy bed to sleep in, what else do I need?

Remember, most people go straight from a house or apartment to a sail boat with no step inbetween, if they can do it, so can I. However, I do value some space, which is why i'm interested in boats like these and have also been considering smaller catamarans to get the most space for the buck.
Old 18-01-2011, 20:15   #20
cruiser

I dunno. As soon as some mentions TV I think of a house. I just want an inside steering station.
Old 18-01-2011, 20:20   #21

Yes, the duel helm offered by these is a big plus for sure. As for TV, even the most dedicated cruiser will still spend more than 50% of their time moored or on the hook. In this day and age there is no reason to forgo some of lifes comforts as afterall, my boat IS my house!
Old 18-01-2011, 20:32   #22
cruiser

How about some books and perhaps a chess set and tea? tv is the root of all evil
Old 19-01-2011, 05:27   #23

Says the person using the internet regularly......

Chess can be a bit boring on your own and a good movie now and then never hurt, I need the TV to watch Captain Ron!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:12   #24

Re: Jeanneau Espace 1000 - Any Experience ?

My husband has a Jeanneau Espace 1000. We love it. It has a spacious saloon, and the extra side cabin. In the evenings friends come over from their boats and we sit outside comfortably - 5 to 6 adults. You can still stretch out your legs. We bring out a table and really enjoy it. Meanwhile the kids play in the saloon and in the two sleeping cabins. The galley is also comfortable. And my husband can stand in it without hitting his head. We have the lifting keel which we have just fixed cause it had been blocked for many years. The performance is much better with the keel fully down. It is much more stable. Surprisingly it also sails well. We reach 7 and a half knots on sail only. I thought it would be a sitting duck but it can sail. The engine is also easy to reach. The two steps leading inside are comfortable even for older people. The only downsides? Ours does not have a shower inside and even if it did the space in the head is small. Taking the sails up and down is not easy - the batons tend to get stuck and it requires standing on the main saloon which is quite scary on a windy day. And the ladder when folded will burst any dinghy that hits it. And there is no space where to put the inflated dinghy on the front - one either has to deflate it, or place it on the bathing platform (by the way the bathing platform is an absolute plus. There is ample space to keep the deflated dinghy in the storage compartments). Other than that it is perfect for us, a family of four, and I would gladly live on it. It is indeed very wide and there is a lot of space. Our friend drives it from inside, but we prefer to drive it from outside. We did consider the Moody Eclipse before we bought this but it was totally out of our budget, as was the Nauticat and we also considered the Colvic Victor, but we could not find any at a decent price in the Med. I would recommend this boat to anyone looking for space and comfort. I dream that one day I'll be able to live on it.
Peprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:18   #25

Thanks for you views, looks like you enjoy her very much.
Old 01-07-2012, 17:14   #26

Smile Re: Jeanneau Espace 1000 - Any Experience ?

Dear all, theses motor sailors are my dream. But, yes they are old and slow. There is a German shipyard with 30 years experience who make the Sirius DS (deck saloon) even today with all the new technology. You sail with motor or sails and you stay inside or outside. The inside table and the sofa is on the same level with the wheel. Everybody is on eye contact with the others and the sea. They make from 31 ft to 40 ft, with different keels and different internal plans. We can choose many things and parameters. But they have think everything for us. You have to see photos in internet. The only thing you need is $.
Nikos49k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 17:42   #27

Hi all, theses motor sailors are my dream. But, yes they are old and slow. There is a German shipyard with 30 years experience who make the Sirius DS (deck saloon) even today with all the new technology. You sail with motor or sails and you stay inside or outside. The inside table and the sofa is on the same level with the wheel. Everybody is on eye contact with the others and the sea. They make from 31 ft to 40 ft, with different keels and different internal plans. We can choose many things and parameters. But they have think everything for us. You have to see photos in internet. The only thing you need is $.
Nikos49k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
espace, jeanneau