Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2019, 06:03   #46
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38
Re: Center cockpit design love and hate

Ah, the liberty 458....lordy, there was a time that I lusted...nah....drooled over that boat.....but none where available...at least none available in my neck of the woods at the time..as I recall the aft cabin went all the way to the transom and had those cute windows in the stern, this allowed the " center " cockpit to be located more towards the aft end of the boat.
Regardless, it is fine looking boat and very well laid out. Kuddo's to you.
My Roberts 38 was simply not a candidate for a center cockpit layout...but the Liberty 458 remains to this day one of my favorites of all time boats, for that size boat, it has everything to laid out just like I wanted !!
I did go and look at one some time back, but it had been hauled out and neglected and a porthole had been left open to the detriment of the interior, which as I recall also caused damage to the fuel tanks under the cabin sole....galvanized steel if I remember correctly, it was a heartbreaker as it would have cost a lot of $$$ to get that boat back in shipshape condition.
Nonetheless, still a gorgeous boat. Not many here on the east coast as I believe the boats were imported from the far east somewhere ( Taiwan ??) to the west coast of the USA and not many of them either...40 or so.
MicHughV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
center cockpit, cockpit