Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-03-2019, 09:41   #1

Abacos to Long Island Sound

Looking for one additional experienced crew member for delivery of three-year old sloop from Marsh Harbor Abacos to Long Island Sound, departing on or about 4/30, weather permitting.

We will take the offshore route northbound from the Sea of Abaco, then up the Gulf Stream, and then make for NY harbor, wind and seas permitting.

Well equipped, very safely sailed offshore boat, has been run between Maine and the Bahamas since new in 2016. This will be our third north bound passage from The Bahamas to LIS. Will provide provisions (I’m a pretty good cook) and can help a bit with transportation to and from boat if absolutely necessary. Liquor, drug and weapon free boat. Well-equipped for safe offshore work. I am cautious with weather and I am not reluctant to either wait, or duck in.

That said, I’d expect this to be about a week or less, if the winds cooperate.

To be clear, while this is an unpaid position, no contribution to expenses will be expected.

If you have offshore experience, can safely stand a solo watch, are good company, are in sound health, have a bit of flexibility on timing (in case of weather delays) and have strong references, I’d love to hear from you. Good opportunity to build mileage. For more information please contact kipwrite@yahoo.com.
kipwrite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abaco, Long Island, long island sound