Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 23:00   #1

Location: presently gallivanting back across the Pacific... Pago Pago at the moment
Boat: Hylas 49 - GALLIVANTER
Fiji Haul-Out Bungalow ?

We're planning to do a routine haul-out in Fiji (leaning toward Vuda Pt) in August and I'm wondering if there are any affordable accomadations we may be able to rent for a week or two near the boatyard.

I know of two beach resorts nearby but they seem above my budget - starting around $150 USD per night for a room with a view.

But I'm hoping for a simple bungalow for my family to stay in while I'm off sanding & painting the bottom.

Vuda Point... that is unless someone knows of another place to haul a yacht on the west coast? I had high hopes of hauling at Savu Savu but it seems doubtful they'll be open for business by August...

Any suggestions or contacts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirk
Gallivanters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 01:14   #2
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"
Hikirk,
I've been away for a bit so a late answer here. Your choices are Denarau (unaffordable accommodation) or Vuda. Next door to Vuda is First Landing resort which offers "yachties' bures"for FJ$75/night, breakfast not included. There are only a couple of these with no AC and I think they only have 1x double & 1x single bed so not much good for a family. I would suggest rocking up & establishing a relationship with the locals who work in the marina. Milika in the store would be a good place to start. I will be away cruising when you arrive so won't be much help to you but feel free to ask questions & I will attempt to answer when I get near the 'puter.
NoTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 16:33   #3

Boat: Peterson 44 in Fiji
Hi Kirk

I just came back to NZ from Vuda last night, and mentioned your post to Abdul2 who runs the marina taxi service. He has a house available for a few weeks just down the road from the marina. It's got at least 2 bedrooms (3 I think). He wants FJ$ 300 per week for a 2 week stay, FJ$ 250 per week for a 3 week - or if you stay 4 weeks you can have it for FJ$200 per week. You can email him direct at abdulscars@connect.com.fj. Phone/fax is +679 6651 480

Worth a shot?

Cheers
Neil
Rhumline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 03:11   #4
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

And this is why this forum is so great!!!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Fiji, haul out