Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2015, 12:44   #76

Boat: Scout 30
Re: Soon to be a sailboat owner (I hope)

That's great! Congratulations. There was a thread here recently where a guy was planning on singlehanding the Great Loop on his Cataline 22. Sounded like a real adventure. Keep us updated & post some pics.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 12:45   #77

Boat: Scout 30

OK, forget the pics request. You beat me to it.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 12:53   #78

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
I guess I should change the topic to new sailboat owner. I found a 22 foot Catalina in lake whatcom on craigslist Saturday night and drove out Sunday for an inspection. It was priced right from the start with a trailer and looked nice. The owner was concerned that I showed up early and it would not show well. He did not have all the stuff it came with in it. We got on board and it is super clean. You can tell it is a 40 year old boat but it has been loved. The rigging is about tight and the sales are crisp. Its trailer is good not great but good. And I get to keep it moored until mid October. Before I had made an offer he told me I like your family and will sell everything to include the 2015 3.5 horse mercury outboard for 2400 he was asking 2750. So that is 3 jibs 2 main, motor trailer all but new life jackets (chrisp no fading) 4 throws, newly recovered cushions all his tools he kept on the boat, and the mooring for 2400. Then my daughter asked about the dishes so he gave then to her all fishy stuff. So now off to have fun for the weekends.
Enjoy! It sounds like a success story.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 16:57   #79

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Congrats, great boat to learn on and a slip is a huge bonus. You can go for a sail any time the urge hits. Looks like you have a great crew as well! Have fun and enjoy:-)
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 17:20   #80

Boat: Lots of boats.

You bought yourself a beauty. Good luck and don't worry about sailing in weather with a small boat. I had a Mac 25 in gusty winds with 8 foot waves crashing over the bow. The outboard would literally go under water. I learned how to crab into waves in a hurry! First time I ever had to reef my sails. But I made it home safely. I was the only boat on the water until late afternoon. Even the container ships were hugging the coast for wind relief. Could that Mac cross the ocean? Not with me on board, but small boats are a lot tougher than they might seem.

Have fun!
hsi88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailboat