Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2011, 14:19   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400 - 11.97m
Real or Fake?

I’m currently looking to ship a yacht back from the Med to Australia. I’ve got quotes from a number of companies and one of them was a US company Direct Boat Shipping.

On reviewing their contract I can see it is in the name of Allisbrail Worldwide Shipping. I had a look at the Allisbrail web site and “many” of the photos are identical to another company based in UK.

Compare the photos on Shipping your Yacht Worldwide with Yacht Shipping Boat Transportation Freight Forwarders International I've emailed both companies (Complete Freight and Direct Boat Shipping) pointing this out and asking them if there is a reason for this.

Does anyone have experience with either company.

Thanks
Silvana
Silvana White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 11:37   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Real or Fake?

Just a guess here, but freight forwarders and brokers and agents all simply contract you out to someone else for the actual service. They get a percent for making the deal happen.

So it would not be out of question for them to share web sites, photos, etc. and for them to have you contracting directly with the actual shipper, who in turn would pay them a commission.

You might also contact your insurer for their opinion, especially since they may have an interest in who is moving the boat and how. No doubt the contract has some provisions about liability, damage, and loss, all the more reason to check with your own insurer to see if that is proper.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 11:41   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Re: Real or Fake?

Now you can compare who will provide the same exact thing for a lower price....provided it's the same exact thing.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote