Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2012, 12:21   #61

Boat: 27ft sloop long keel
Re: Pirates Shatter Dream

This guy is a wise man! He has been there and done it! If he takes best advice from uk/us gov agencies he survives, gets to go home safe and go sailing again? These pirate chap's do not have a high regard for their own lives never mind a yacht crew taking pot shots at them. Ok some of you might have had a gun pointed at you before.Has your wife and possibly your kids? I hope not. Where do you draw the line if you are armed yourself? do you shoot first and kill anyone who turns up alongside your boat? Even when they are just beggars? etc. Then you become a pirate yourself! Did you ever fancy loosing your head in some dusty market square out in that part of the world? Its a tragic fact of life that an oil tanker or container ship has to keep us in the West supplied with goods. and that the Suez canal is the shortest route to take. keep out of the way! stay safe and sail another route. even piggy back like this guy.
ok you guys Feed on that lot!
circumnavbute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 15:12   #62

Boat: a sailing boat

Well, any justification is good if one is too frightened to cross another ocean.

Strange, given the fact that this is the best stretch, with most consistent winds and most interesting stops.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 19:29   #63

Boat: 1982 Catalina 25 Yacht

I don't have any issues with the decision.....just the title "Pirates shatter dream"....sorry, not buying that one....for all the reasons previously posted. I even wrote to the editor back when this was first posted....calling the story ridiculous, trying to blame pirates for shattering a dream. She replied and agreed with me.
1982 Catalina 25, #2897; SR/FK/Traditional; Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas.
JoeDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 20:15   #64
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Phil View Post
Hey, Randy... I vote for engaging a couple of Blackwater mercs to visit the vessel and sort out the captain with the new crew and skipper waiting on the dock to take over command of her. But then, I watch Fox News... Capt Phil

Did you know that Eric Prince hires most of his mercenaries out of El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Columbia? Most of them were trained at the School of the Americas for paramilitary right wing death squads in central and south America. This people are murderers and notorious criminals who make a living off of American tax dollars shunted to them by their crooked cohorts in the military industrial complex. Eric Prince (owner of XE, formerly Blackwater which no longer exists due to their criminal behavior) had to leave the country to avoid prosecution and now lives in and operates from Dubai. These people are not patriots but criminals of the very worst sort. Can't believe anyone here would have anything positive to say about them.
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote