We live in Punta Gorda and go down towards Marathon fairly frequently. We have a Manta
40 Sail cat w/ 3'10" draft
. We use the following quite often:
- not real big but anchorages
- inside there are places outside of the channel that have plenty of depth
. This pass also leads to NAPLES
- Lots of places to anchor in Naples, even in some residential neighborhoods. Marinas
- Factory Bay (1), Collier Bay (2). Marinas
LITTLE SHARK RIVER
- plenty of no-see-ums and deer flies. If Wx is good, do not hesitate to anchor off about 5nm - that will take care of most of the bugs.
INDIAN RIVER - In 10,000 islands, state park. Pleasant place to anchor.
- lots of places/ To the North of the island .5 nm from the East end of the bridge. To the south of the entrance to Boot Harbor. Anchoring and mooring
balls available in Boot Harbor. Marinas available.
PRIOR TO MARATHON
- depending on Wx & destination
, inside passage to Miami
, Biscayne Bay, etc. Entrance on channel just North of Fiesta Key. There is a 56' bridge between Miami
and Ft. Lauderdale, so depending on Mast
Height, you can go North on the ICW
- easy access to upper & lower Keys.