Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2008, 02:50   #1

Boat: Liberty 28 Custom Cutter - "Native Dancer" For Sale
Bringing our new boat home!

Hi all,

My wife and I are driving down to Racine, Wisconsin this morning to ready our little 1982 Liberty 28 Cutter we just bought, for transport back to Chippewa Falls, WI. We're going to put the boat on the hard out at my father-in-law's farm for the summer so I can get her ready for a little trip down the Mississippi to Florida this fall. My wife can work on her garden this summer while I refit the boat. We'll be living aboard in Florida during the winter months (or longer!).

We've had other boats and I'm bound and determined to enjoy the magical "new boat" days. This will be the first time I've ever refit a boat with the smell of clover and new mown hay in the air. Life is good when you can prepare for low latitude cruising and at the same time enjoy the perfect summer days on a Wisconsin farm.

Cheers,
Steve
Liberty28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 04:15   #2
cruiser

Congrats! And a warning:

Watch out for that Wisconsin mold! It did me in pretty badly before we cleaned it out of our boat bought in Sturgeon Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty28 View Post
Hi all,

My wife and I are driving down to Racine, Wisconsin this morning to ready our little 1982 Liberty 28 Cutter we just bought, for transport back to Chippewa Falls, WI. We're going to put the boat on the hard out at my father-in-law's farm for the summer so I can get her ready for a little trip down the Mississippi to Florida this fall. My wife can work on her garden this summer while I refit the boat. We'll be living aboard in Florida during the winter months (or longer!).

We've had other boats and I'm bound and determined to enjoy the magical "new boat" days. This will be the first time I've ever refit a boat with the smell of clover and new mown hay in the air. Life is good when you can prepare for low latitude cruising and at the same time enjoy the perfect summer days on a Wisconsin farm.

Cheers,
Steve
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 04:18   #3
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
Congrats Steve - you and your wife have many adventures to look forward to.

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote