Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2015, 11:09   #226

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Haiti attack on Cruisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob30 View Post
If you can't post a picture or video with said law enforcement. You are simply a liar or insane. No way US Coast Guard would have acted like you stated.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Damn! You beat me to it. The next post was going to be find a shrink. Noticed no boat or home port info.. Maybe he is testing is ability to become a paper back writer?
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:20   #227
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post

Now the USCG is complicate in this conspiracy against you. And groups of rouge cops are all over the place.
One would think that he - as a service to the cruising community - would have at least posted reports of this alleged incident on Noonsite, or to the Caribbean Safety and Security Net... yet there's been no mention of it on either place, as far as I can tell... Perhaps he's been too busy culling through his "9000 video clips" to have bothered... :-)

Furthermore, he claims he proceeded to Frank Virgintino's marina afterwards. And yet Frank V makes no mention of any recent security issues at Ile a Vache' in a recent post on his blog, and instead infers quite the opposite in his guidelines to cruising Haiti:

Quote:
le a Vache is a wonderful and safe place to visit and boats have been calling there since the time of Colombus...

...There is also an agency in Haiti called Semana. It is the safety arm that checks on the safety of boats such as ferries that take passengers. If you come across a Semana officer, he will probably ask you for a small tip. One such officer, seeing so many boats anchored at Cai Coq on Isle a Vache in 2013, decided he was going to assess each boat, requiring a “safety certificate” for which he charged $2.50 US per vessel ton. He did pretty well for a few weeks and made a real nuisance of himself. After I placed a call to the department of Tourism and complained, he disappeared and has not been seen since. The mayor of Ile a Vache is currently charging cruisers $5.00 US for a “beach cleanup fund.” I told him when I met him that “ I thought he was really cleaning up” but he did not get the play on words and simply waited for me to pay the $5.00. If there are a great number of boats anchored at Ile a Vache, on occasion, the immigration department from Les Cayes will send a boat over with immigration officers. They will charge $20 per passport stamp and will give you a receipt upon request.

At Ile a Vache young boys will come out in their dugout canoes (bois fouille) and tell you they are hungry. If you want to give them basic work, that is fine or perhaps have them guide you around the island for a fee. However, they are not hungry. Most Haitians are not short of food or basic clothing. On Ile a Vache there is a government restaurant that serves full mid day meals for $.50 cents US. Many of the missionaries eat there as well.

Free Cruising Guides » Cruising through Haiti: A TRIP BACK IN TIME
I dunno, seems like more than just a faint scent of BS to this one...

:-)
Jon Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 15:52   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob30 View Post
If you can't post a picture or video with said law enforcement. You are simply a liar or insane. No way US Coast Guard would have acted like you stated.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Lol. Ya I made it all up......
Like I said I am investegating who the police are.... and will be building a website with all videos and pictures of police. Some people just don't accept reality! Even usa government. .....
markhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 16:10   #229

I call BULLs HIT on it All that List of Damages is Lame 3/4 inch tear ? Missing Transmission oil ? Please......leaking engine oil ?......Show the 5 of the 9000 shots you claim you have. Sorry story just don't Add up

Maybe its just me

coconut
Traumagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 16:30   #230

Quote:
Damn! You beat me to it. The next post was going to be find a shrink. Noticed no boat or home port info.. Maybe he is testing is ability to become a paper back writer?
What are you a friend of Sean. ? Like I told them that day. I will find you and the person tha stole my ring will die at sea and the last face they sea is mine!!!! Revenge is sweet
Old 09-06-2015, 16:43   #231

Quote:
Ya I probably am insane after that. Next bording 12 Guage flare gun in back pocket, long live Nevada. .....
Old 09-06-2015, 16:44   #232

Boat: Aloha 34

It really wouldn't surprise me if DEA thugs from western nations would abuse their power to harrass transient sailors leaving from columbia. While they were in lawless areas of Haiti would be an ideal time to strike. DEA seems to attract criminals seeking to prey on criminals. See: http://www.wired.com/2015/03/dea-age...ole-silk-road/ "But there’s an even more surprising set of accusations against Force: That he acted as a paid informant for Silk Road’s recently convicted administrator Ross Ulbricht, allegedly selling information about the investigation back to Ulbricht under two different pseudonyms. Meanwhile, under a third pseudonym, Force is separately accused of trying to blackmail Ulbricht using other law enforcement data he believed might have been Ulbricht’s identity."

I'm interested in seeing some of these videos as well....
redpointist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 16:53   #233

Boat: Gemini 3200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traumagas View Post
....Show the 5 of the 9000 shots you claim you have. Sorry story just don't Add up ...Maybe its just me
I have no idea about the reality of this but I will point out that his very first post in Jan 2014 says this about his boat: "4 Camera system for 250 dollars and many signs to let the crooks know....they are being watch and uploaded via satellite...."
rassabossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:51   #234
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
... If Loudon know what agency they represented, howdy you know they were Canadians at all?

Sounds like at best they were Haitians with stolen badges.
Indeed ➥ RCMP officers robbed at gunpoint in Haiti - Politics - CBC News

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:13   #235

Quote:
I didn't post name and port for a different reason. What would it change to what happened..? Just what might happen in the future! Maybe you are one of the Haitians friends?
Old 10-06-2015, 04:16   #236

Quote:
AND CADENCE? WHERE IS YOUR LAST NAME?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:51   #237

This storey doesn't make any sense. I can see Mounties being total jerks in a situation like this, but stealing from you, providing there names and place of origin and not covering their badge numbers? Those sound like some dumb Mounties to me.

Cops in Canada make good money. Mounties on international assignment, able to operate independently like you describe is making well into the 6 figures. Stealing dive weights and fenders? Doesn't match the profile.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:59   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
This storey doesn't make any sense. I can see Mounties being total jerks in a situation like this, but stealing from you, providing there names and place of origin and not covering their badge numbers? Those sound like some dumb Mounties to me.

Cops in Canada make good money. Mounties on international assignment, able to operate independently like you describe is making well into the 6 figures. Stealing dive weights and fenders? Doesn't match the profile.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Cops in charge took the good stuff... 6k cash, my Diamond ring I have worn for 30 years.... lower police and coast guard robbed knives, scuba computer and so on it went for 4 and half days in 2 countries DR and Haiti. Total of about 25 people in all
Old 10-06-2015, 07:29   #239

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

I must have hit a nerve with the paper backs for all those retorts.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 16:05   #240

Boat: Melody 34

This is on Noonsite, which seems to corroborate his claims... "Posted on behalf of Frank VIrgintino from Marina Zarpar, DR:
13 February 2015
We have received a few boats, the most recent today, Canadian flagged, that sailed directly from Cartagena to Ile a Vache Haiti. I have never heard of boats being boarded by the authorities in Haiti, but in this case, the Haitian Coast Guard assisted by what appears to be United Nations military or police, boarded the boat and retained the owner and crew a number of days while the boat endured extensive checking.
I would recommend that boats coming from Colombia to Haiti, clear first at Jamaica at Port Antonio before proceeding east to Haiti."

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
strangertides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, Haiti