Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2014, 12:02   #541

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Greek Tax! - MERGED 4 THREADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckb View Post
The Cruising Association (CA) is still in regular communication with the Greek Ministry of Maritime affairs. The system to gather taxes is ready; all boats with a DEKPA or a Transit log will be entered onto a database - and this has been taking place since August 2014 as each boat makes its annual visit to the Port Police to validate their papers. We still don't know if/when gathering the tax will start.

JimB
Last year I sailed on Greece for several months and I was all quite confusing with some authorities saying that I had to show the papers on each port and others saying that it was not needed anymore and that it was only needed on entry and when going out of Greece. It seemed to me that the authorities were as confused with all the chances as I were
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:57   #542
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
The temporary import rules will not withstand EU challenge, they are part of the VAT directives, .
Agreed.

The CA is taking the friendly approach first, by pointing out the "apparent" conflict and suggesting change. We expect that to work, since previous approaches where we've pointed out apparent breaches of EU directives have mostly brought about change.

Luckily, the CA has sufficient non-EU members to be able to act on their behalf - should it be necessary to lodge a formal complaint to the commission.
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 07:53   #543

Boat: Morgan 462
Greek Tax! - MERGED 4 THREADS

My insurance agent just told me I needed $5,000,000 liability insurance for Greece. Cruisers Forum, Noonsite and the UK cruising site all say $500,000. Can anyone refer me to the official source? I need it ASAP.

Sorry this is not the correct thread. Wish I could delete. I have re posted as a new thread.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
terra57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 09:04   #544

Boat: Westerly Oceanlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra57 View Post
My insurance agent just told me I needed $5,000,000 liability insurance for Greece. Cruisers Forum, Noonsite and the UK cruising site all say $500,000. Can anyone refer me to the official source? I need it ASAP.

Sorry this is not the correct thread. Wish I could delete. I have re posted as a new thread.

The Third party and passenger liabilities
a) loss of life or personal injury €500.000
b) Loss of or damage to any other vessel or property €150,000
c) Pollution expenses €150,000

It might be worth your while joining the Cruising Association - lots on info on their web site http://www.cruising.org.uk/mhome We keep details of countries regulations for members access and try to warn of changes as they happen.

You could well save more that the fee in marina discounts - but well worth while even if you never make use of the London clubhouse.
Chris Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 23:29   #545

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra57 View Post

Terra 57 -- not sure who your insurance company but ours knew we were headed to Greece this summer and said nothing. I just kept the 1m euro we had to get when we were in Montenegro last summer.

hope to see you there this summer

I am much more worried about a possible tax. Those guys in Athens will need money as it appears to be a game of brinkmanship and no one may blink so the Greeks will be short of cash so any tax is a good tax. I guess we will see.
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 00:16   #546

As per the CA site, Chris Robb has it as of last year. Note that those are the minimum for each occurence.
Any official website will probably be in Greek so unlikely to be of much help
chasfgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 22:58   #547

Boat: between boats

So there must be some CF members back on their boats in Greece now after winter hibernation. Im a few weeks away and wondering how many Euros to pack....

So whats the experience on the ground vis a vis these new taxes?

Is the the new TPP being applied by the port authorities at all?

Is the old transit log tax for non EU boats still being collected (even though it was revoked last year in advance of the new cruising tax)?

thanks
Barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 03:32   #548
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Barra,
I sent an e-mail to Messolonghi Marina requesting their latest info. This was the response:
How are you?
If you want to renew the transit log maybe you have to pay something also a tax but not like last year 1000€.
The port police and the costums wait the new low so that is why they cannot tell me what amount.
If the new law will not come till you will launch your boat then you do not have to pay anything.
From the ATM you cannot take so much money .i think you can take about 800euros.
Please let me know if you need anything else.

Clear as Mud! Really, I think it will be zero but let me know as your launching before me.
David.
Old 29-04-2015, 04:49   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Robb View Post
The Third party and passenger liabilities
a) loss of life or personal injury €500.000
b) Loss of or damage to any other vessel or property €150,000
c) Pollution expenses €150,000

It might be worth your while joining the Cruising Association - lots on info on their web site http://www.cruising.org.uk/mhome We keep details of countries regulations for members access and try to warn of changes as they happen.

You could well save more that the fee in marina discounts - but well worth while even if you never make use of the London clubhouse.
According to law 4256/2014 article 14:
a) minimum 500000€ for injury or human loss
b)150000€ damages to others
c) 150000€ sea pollution
Those are the insurance covers each boat should include.
Cheers!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
seafarer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 10:23   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
Barra,
I sent an e-mail to Messolonghi Marina requesting their latest info. This was the response:
How are you?
If you want to renew the transit log maybe you have to pay something also a tax but not like last year 1000€.
The port police and the costums wait the new low so that is why they cannot tell me what amount.
If the new law will not come till you will launch your boat then you do not have to pay anything.
From the ATM you cannot take so much money .i think you can take about 800euros.
Please let me know if you need anything else.

Clear as Mud! Really, I think it will be zero but let me know as your launching before me.
David.
The confusion in Greece at this point is so big that they don't know what to expect. Last year it was already very confusing. Anyway it seems that from some point in the near future all payments of more than 70 Euros will have to be made with a credit card (to avoid tax evasion).

One thing is for sure: they need desperately money and I would be surprised if that would have no repercussions on Yachting and Yacht taxes.
Old 30-04-2015, 04:44   #551
Marine Service Provider

The Cruising Association is in regular contact with the Greek Maritime authorities concerning the implementation of both TPP (the tax) and the 6 month duration of transit logs issued to boats registered outside the EU which are subject to Temporary Import (TI).

Our latest news on the subject is publicly available, and kept up to date, on Greek Cruising Tax and other regulations | CA

The present Greek rules on transit logs do not conform with EU practice (which allows 18 months TI). Non-EU registered vessels have been fined for spending more than 6 months afloat per 180 days. The CA has registered an objection to this infringement of the EU customs zone regulations, and as a result the EU Commission asked the Greek Government for a response. This is expected within a few weeks.

TPP is not yet being gathered. All leisure boats afloat which are over 7m LOA must have either a DEKPA stamped within the last 365 days, or a transit log which does not record more than 180 days in the water.

Our membership is informed immediately we have any news of change. If you're not a member, check the page listed above from time to time.

JimB, for the Cruising Association
Old 02-05-2015, 12:04   #552

Boat: Lagoon 410 S2 Owner's Version

Just arrived in Greece from Italy. EU flagged boat, 12.5m long.

I got a stamp in my DEKPA booklet, had to pay 15 EUR (for entering in Greece, will only be due again if I leave and re-enter) - and that's it. No mentioning of any tax...

According to the offical, I do not need to report to any other port police while in Greece. Only once I leave Greece, I should go to port police and get an exit stamp in the DEKPA booklet.
tico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:42   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico View Post
Just arrived in Greece from Italy. EU flagged boat, 12.5m long.

According to the offical, I do not need to report to any other port police while in Greece. Only once I leave Greece, I should go to port police and get an exit stamp in the DEKPA booklet.
That was what was said to me last year...and I had in several occasions some very pissed port polices asking me why I did not went to the port police

On Mesalonghi were I was anchored 2 days they even give themselves the trouble to go to the boat saying that I had to go to the port office for the papers. I went 2 hours later, at office time, find the doors closed and nobody there. Next day I sailed away without going there again.

Maybe things have settled down this year and they know what they are doing. I hope so.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:07   #554
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
That was what was said to me last year...and I had in several occasions some very pissed port polices asking me why I did not went to the port police
It took time for their bush telegraph to pass the message around!

Quote:
On Mesalonghi were I was anchored 2 days they even give themselves the trouble to go to the boat saying that I had to go to the port office for the papers. I went 2 hours later, at office time, find the doors closed and nobody there. Next day I sailed away without going there again.
They are entitled to ask to see your papers at any time - just to make sure you have a valid DEKPA. It does not need to be stamped for each visit.

Quote:
Maybe things have settled down this year and they know what they are doing. I hope so.
Looks good so far . . .
Old 03-05-2015, 05:29   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckb View Post
They are entitled to ask to see your papers at any time - just to make sure you have a valid DEKPA. It does not need to be stamped for each visit.
No, it was not that. If it was that they would have seen the papers on the boat. They wanted me to go to the port office to do the port entry papers on that specific port (they consider the interior waters of Mesalonghi, as an official port even if at anchor).

Tags
Greece, water, yacht