Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 05:18   #556

Boat: between boats
Re: Greek Tax! - MERGED 4 THREADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
Barra,
I sent an e-mail to Messolonghi Marina requesting their latest info. This was the response:
How are you?
If you want to renew the transit log maybe you have to pay something also a tax but not like last year 1000€.
The port police and the costums wait the new low so that is why they cannot tell me what amount.
If the new law will not come till you will launch your boat then you do not have to pay anything.
From the ATM you cannot take so much money .i think you can take about 800euros.
Please let me know if you need anything else.

Clear as Mud! Really, I think it will be zero but let me know as your launching before me.
David.
HAHAHA

Thanks mate you've got me back on the right mindset for Greece. Ill post what I find in couple of weeks though Messalonghi and Leros may well give different outcomes....
Barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 20:39   #557

Got transit log Tuesday. No circulation tax. 30euros for log,, 15 euros for re-entry. Get signed once a year. Still getting told that if I leave the boat in Greece I will pay a tax every 3months and I think this is more than new tax. Weather is perfect. Food is cheap and cheerful. 8'll keep on coming back tax or no tax
dlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 00:55   #558
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlymn View Post
Got transit log Tuesday. <snip> Still getting told that if I leave the boat in Greece I will pay a tax every 3months <snip>
It seems some port police still haven't caught up with last year's changes..

The 3 month transit log charge was abolished from July 2014. Instead, a maximum stay for non-VAT paid boats of any 6 months afloat in 12 months was implemented. That regulation breaks the EU customs zone rules (which allow 18 months) so it's being challenged by the Cruising Association (CA).

Meanwhile, I have reports of fines being levied on non-VAT boats staying afloat longer than 6 months, and of boats being warned, but not fined.

JimB
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:59   #559

I came to Greece(Ionian)
by non eu boat and have paid 45 euro for transit log only

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 08:19   #560

Location: house is in melbourne australia and Muscade currently in Med.
Boat: fontaine pajot Marquises 56

watching
karabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 08:35   #561

Boat: Montevideo 43 sloop

Zenit , I got myself a SSR number ASAP as the transit log was a nuisance
They ignore SSR boats and target non SSR
Old 05-06-2015, 03:25   #562

Boat: between boats

Confirming as a non EU flag boat greece is now cheaper than ever (for now at least) Just came from customs who lifted 15 euros from me for 6 months cruising in greece. Last year this cost me around 800 euros.
Barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 11:22   #563

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 40

Also confirming Greece costs: Arrived today from Turkey, June 22, 2015. 12.4 meter sailboat. Cruising Log was 30 Euro and Port Police fee was 15 Euro. Good for 6 months.
jim_thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 14:28   #564

Boat: Comet 41s

I am sailing to Greece and I have an urgent question to all that are sailing there in what regards the last measures of the Greek government in what regards drawing money from a bankomat. It seems that it is impossible to do that at the moment being all of them without money.

Greek banks could shut down within days says ECB amid rush to withdraw money | Daily Mail Online

Greek banks could shut down within days says ECB amid rush to withdraw money | Daily Mail Online
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 21:57   #565

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
I am sailing to Greece and I have an urgent question to all that are sailing there in what regards the last measures of the Greek government in what regards drawing money from a bankomat. It seems that it is impossible to do that at the moment being all of them without money.

Withdrawing cash from ATMs has been a bit hit and miss for the last 5 months. Last location there was no cash in the port for a week then a withdrawal was possible. That was a couple of weeks ago though. We have been anchored off an uninhabited island since, so I can give you no more recent feedback.

Even if still available in some locations now, this could change in an instant, so bring plenty of cash with you.

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 00:08   #566

I've had no problems in Corfu over the last few weeks.

Polux you should give the Daily Wail a wide berth and find a credible news source. They are over sensationalising things as always and pushing the worst possible angle. Ignore, ignore, ignore anything written in the Daily Wail!!!

Right now it is looking more positive after yesterdays talks.

Eurozone leaders echo hopes for Greek deal - BBC News

I agree with SWL that it is good to have a cash reserve, but that is probably always sensible advice anyway.

I must admit that after reading reports of how much money has flowed out of Greek banks, €30 billion or something like that, I'm a bit surprised that no capital controls had been introduced like they did in Cyprus. If they were to introduce Cyprus like capital controls, then there would be zero affect on cruisers. I think there might have been a brief shutdown but after that, ATMs worked, cards worked for purchases
Old 23-06-2015, 00:13   #567
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
Confirming as a non EU flag boat greece is now cheaper than ever (for now at least) Just came from customs who lifted 15 euros from me for 6 months cruising in greece. Last year this cost me around 800 euros.
Just bear in mind that this permits you only 180 days on the water during the next 365 days. Don't forget to tell the port police if you haul out, since time ashore doesn't count in most authorised yards. Remember to leave enough un-expired days for launch and departure from Greece, or to fill the gap between launch and renewal.

You can't apply for another 180 days until a year after your entry.

This regulation does not accord with EU customs zone procedures, and the Cruising Association (CA) has lodged an objection with the EU commission.

Further information about Greek regulations - kept up to date

JimB
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 03:23   #568
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

This is from Forbes. I remember having seen the same kind of warnings on Euronews.

"Holidaymakers to Greece are being advised to take euros in notes and coins in case an escalating debt crisis prompts the country’s banks to switch off their cash machines.
The Greek tourist board in London said that while it anticipated no immediate problems, visitors should avoid relying solely on credit cards or local ATMs.
Travellers should take “enough money to cover emergencies and any unexpected delays”, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office added. Travel experts recommended taking around three to five days’ worth of spending money in euros, alongside credit and debit cards."

On the other hand, the people living in islands had always had some tax relieves, lower VAT, etc. It seems that the plan that the government recently presented to the creditors includes the retrieval of these exemptions. That could mean the cost of life could go a bit higher in greek islands...

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 06:07   #569
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
On the other hand, the people living in islands had always had some tax relieves, lower VAT, etc. It seems that the plan that the government recently presented to the creditors includes the retrieval of these exemptions. That could mean the cost of life could go a bit higher in greek islands...

by the way, I have friends in greece , I dont think there will be any issue with ATMs.

I note that the Troika demands include , removing VAT concessions for the Islands and an extension and increase in the wealth tax as its applies to yachts over 10m
Old 24-06-2015, 10:20   #570

Just finished 8 weeks in the Ionian. Simpler than ever. Happy to pay the port police their fees which hardly cover the time taken to calculate them. They asked for fees in Gaios and Syvota, nowhere else. Saghiada didn't know what a transit log was
" You come back tomorrow. I speak to boss."
The next day:
"Ah,, Australie, all OK You go now"
???????? We stayed another night with no more dealings with pp.
dlymn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece, water, yacht