Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2021, 16:21   #46
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Meanwhile the waiting list for non Covid treatments for Cancers, Cardio, Diabetes, and other life threatening ailments now stands at around 13 million..
Kinda puts Covid in the shade... be curious to know how many deaths by the above will come to light down the road..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"I am not less life-loving than you are.
But I cannot sell my birthright, nor am I prepared to sell the birthright of the people to be free." Nelson Mandela.
Old 28-08-2021, 16:25   #47

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Re: Mexican Navy vaccinated us

So, Allan (maybe you've all forgotten who that is in the vitriolic pro/con discussing that ensued...you know, the guy starting this thing, thanking the Mexican navy for vaccinating him) seeing that they were navy boys, any chance that you guys got a chance to discuss anchors? Surely they just know that a ModelXYZ is the best anchor ever....[emoji1787]

Sheesh, I miss the good ole days when everyone just argued about simple things....
Old 28-08-2021, 16:39   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
What a load of bollox..
It was bad management of hospital resources and blind panic especially when Bunter Boris got hospitalised.. at least in the UK.. but then the NHS has been excessively top heavy for years.
Its been admitted that normal treatment for cancer, diabetes etc could have continued last Spring but panic over the unknown caused them to shut down many services.. thankfully, in the UK at least normal services have begun to resume.
Where's the bollox? Do you disagree that being vaccinated reduces dramatically the chance you'll need hospitalization? You certainly didn't make an argument that Covid is not impacting elective and other procedures, far from it actually. What it's like in Portugal I don't know. But where I live in the US it's always been about hospital capacity and the downstream effects. In fact, just two days ago the major regional medical center nearby sent out a serious 36 page report showing that owing to Covid our state will be 400-500 beds short by labor day. One mans reality is another mans bollox, I guess.
Old 28-08-2021, 16:39   #49
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrinus View Post
So, Allan (maybe you've all forgotten who that is in the vitriolic pro/con discussing that ensued...you know, the guy starting this thing, thanking the Mexican navy for vaccinating him) seeing that they were navy boys, any chance that you guys got a chance to discuss anchors? Surely they just know that a ModelXYZ is the best anchor ever....[emoji1787]

Sheesh, I miss the good ole days when everyone just argued about simple things....
Shock.!!!
Horror.!!!
Anchors are simple.????

But I cannot sell my birthright, nor am I prepared to sell the birthright of the people to be free." Nelson Mandela.
Old 28-08-2021, 16:52   #50

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Meanwhile the waiting list for non Covid treatments for Cancers, Cardio, Diabetes, and other life threatening ailments now stands at around 13 million..
Kinda puts Covid in the shade... be curious to know how many deaths by the above will come to light down the road..
Not sure what your point is. Do you think we should empty the Covid patients out of the hospital to make room for te patients you listed?
The local hospital near where I am at now has just gone to no voluntary surgeries. Bed wise they are 70% full. Staff wise they are 100% full. The stress on the hospital is the excess Covid patients,
Old 28-08-2021, 16:58   #51

Boat: Norseman 447

Where are they " forcing" you to get vaccinated. Why in the good old US of A. Now that they’ve decided, finally, that the vaccination is no longer experimental, they can mandate it for the military. Previously they could jawbone everybody else to run down and get it, but couldn’t force it on the military. Then the hue and cry that everybody has to get it. Expelled from college if you don’t have it. Can’t keep your job without it. Police, fire, school teachers, state employees have to get it. You don’t consider this coercion? Biden’s proposal, now apparently just quietly shelved, to send people door-to-door to get people vaccinated. Every minimum wage employee dragooned into enforcing rather arbitrary mask regulation. IIRC, on the last attempt in NY, you had to wear a mask if you walked into a bar/restaurant. When you sat down, you could take it off. If you stood at the bar, you had to wear it, but if you sat down, you didn’t. Are you going to try and say there’s good science to support that? Complaining about over-policing and then wanting police to enforce masking and social-distancing mandates. Much of this is safety theater, according to the "we’ve got to do something" approach.

Note that the mortality/morbidity figures on the vaccination only reports on bad outcomes in the first couple of months. There’s no long term studies, because there hasn’t been any long term yet.

X thousands of deaths from COVID? The number is nonsense. Just because somebody dies in a hospital and is COVID positive doesn’t mean that they died from COVID. You see the same nonsense after a hurricane where the statisticians try to compute the "excess deaths" by taking the number of people that died over the past few years and comparing that with the number who died during or shortly after the hurricane. Every elderly person who just unluckily died after the hurricane gets counted as a hurricane death.

If you want to protect yourself and your family, that’s fine. Are you always wearing "approved" masks properly? Are you hiding at home except for "essential" trips? Are you getting tested frequently to make sure you’re not suddenly contagious? Probably not. It’s so much easier to shove the burden off on everybody else to protect you.
Old 28-08-2021, 17:09   #52
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bycrick View Post
Where are they " forcing" you to get vaccinated. Why in the good old US of A. Now that they’ve decided, finally, that the vaccination is no longer experimental, they can mandate it for the military. Previously they could jawbone everybody else to run down and get it, but couldn’t force it on the military. Then the hue and cry that everybody has to get it. Expelled from college if you don’t have it. Can’t keep your job without it. Police, fire, school teachers, state employees have to get it. You don’t consider this coercion? Biden’s proposal, now apparently just quietly shelved, to send people door-to-door to get people vaccinated. Every minimum wage employee dragooned into enforcing rather arbitrary mask regulation. IIRC, on the last attempt in NY, you had to wear a mask if you walked into a bar/restaurant. When you sat down, you could take it off. If you stood at the bar, you had to wear it, but if you sat down, you didn’t. Are you going to try and say there’s good science to support that? Complaining about over-policing and then wanting police to enforce masking and social-distancing mandates. Much of this is safety theater, according to the "we’ve got to do something" approach.

Note that the mortality/morbidity figures on the vaccination only reports on bad outcomes in the first couple of months. There’s no long term studies, because there hasn’t been any long term yet.

X thousands of deaths from COVID? The number is nonsense. Just because somebody dies in a hospital and is COVID positive doesn’t mean that they died from COVID. You see the same nonsense after a hurricane where the statisticians try to compute the "excess deaths" by taking the number of people that died over the past few years and comparing that with the number who died during or shortly after the hurricane. Every elderly person who just unluckily died after the hurricane gets counted as a hurricane death.

If you want to protect yourself and your family, that’s fine. Are you always wearing "approved" masks properly? Are you hiding at home except for "essential" trips? Are you getting tested frequently to make sure you’re not suddenly contagious? Probably not. It’s so much easier to shove the burden off on everybody else to protect you.

This is typical denier stuff

The mask is an entirely imperfect mechs sun no one is denying that. It’s usefulness is undoubtably marginal in many cases.

But protection from COVID is a sum of marginal measures. Hand washing , social distancing , mask wearing and forth. Each one is a marginal benefit but collectively they “ help”

Rather like seat belts.

Simply because something is marginal and imperfect is not in itself a reason not to do it
Old 28-08-2021, 17:39   #53
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnax View Post
Where's the bollox? Do you disagree that being vaccinated reduces dramatically the chance you'll need hospitalization? You certainly didn't make an argument that Covid is not impacting elective and other procedures, far from it actually. What it's like in Portugal I don't know. But where I live in the US it's always been about hospital capacity and the downstream effects. In fact, just two days ago the major regional medical center nearby sent out a serious 36 page report showing that owing to Covid our state will be 400-500 beds short by labor day. One mans reality is another mans bollox, I guess.
The bollox was laying all the blame on those not vaccinated.. its bad judgements, graft and personal politics that are the main cause to my mind.
Some really important contracts were handed out to 'Chum's' in the UK and were either not fulfilled or ineptly fulfilled..
* Was it coincidence that three companies linked to Mr Hancock, or his family, won lucrative contracts? Topwood, a company run by his sister and brother-in-law, in which Mr Hancock has a 20 per cent stake, secured a contract with NHS Wales worth £150,000. The brother of Ms Coladangelo (she's Hancock's mistress) is an executive at a private healthcare company that has won a string of public sector contracts. And Alex Bourne, who used to run the Cock Inn near Mr Hancock’s old constituency home in Thurlow, won a £30 million deal for Covid tests.*
and this was just the Health Minister, there's many more involved in the money grabbing thats going on during this 'Pandemic'.
I doubt its any different in the US.. as an individual one won't be important again till the next polling day.
As for whether being vaccinated reduces my chance of being hospitalised.. who knows, never had Covid to my knowledge.. if I did catch it it did not affect me overmuch.. but then I've never had the flu either as far as I'm aware.
In Portugal the cases seem to be rising again as more get vaccinated.. currently standing at 50% fully vaccinated.

Old 28-08-2021, 18:06   #54

Forget the vaccine I going to get me some horse dewormer.... nature taking care of the mental midgets
Old 28-08-2021, 18:09   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bycrick View Post

EXACTLY. The nonsense around this thing is insane. I only see scared people wearing masks in big grocery stores. Maybe they have co-morbidities, so good for them. I don't have health issues, so I'll keep on living. I have not heard or experienced any hospitals being overcrowded - other than big media, whose job it is, apparently, to make you afraid. Be very afraid! I am much more afraid of idiots texting while driving 80 mph.
Old 28-08-2021, 18:22   #56
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Not sure what your point is. Do you think we should empty the Covid patients out of the hospital to make room for te patients you listed?
The local hospital near where I am at now has just gone to no voluntary surgeries. Bed wise they are 70% full. Staff wise they are 100% full. The stress on the hospital is the excess Covid patients,
Well New York sent them to old folks homes.. same in the UK..
Like I said.. mismanagement and cockups by the people who you voted for to keep you safe.
Meantime the trough keeps being refilled.

Old 28-08-2021, 18:27   #57
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
The bollox was laying all the blame on those not vaccinated.. its bad judgements, graft and personal politics that are the main cause to my mind.
Some really important contracts were handed out to 'Chum's' in the UK and were either not fulfilled or ineptly fulfilled..
* Was it coincidence that three companies linked to Mr Hancock, or his family, won lucrative contracts? Topwood, a company run by his sister and brother-in-law, in which Mr Hancock has a 20 per cent stake, secured a contract with NHS Wales worth £150,000. The brother of Ms Coladangelo (she's Hancock's mistress) is an executive at a private healthcare company that has won a string of public sector contracts. And Alex Bourne, who used to run the Cock Inn near Mr Hancock’s old constituency home in Thurlow, won a £30 million deal for Covid tests.*
and this was just the Health Minister, there's many more involved in the money grabbing thats going on during this 'Pandemic'.
I doubt its any different in the US.. as an individual one won't be important again till the next polling day.
As for whether being vaccinated reduces my chance of being hospitalised.. who knows, never had Covid to my knowledge.. if I did catch it it did not affect me overmuch.. but then I've never had the flu either as far as I'm aware.
In Portugal the cases seem to be rising again as more get vaccinated.. currently standing at 50% fully vaccinated.
Causation/ correlation error. 50% of alcoholics regularly consume milk , hence milk is a factor in alcoholism. !

Cases are rising everywhere , especially in the Uk and the US

(A) because delta is 7 times more transmissible
(B) there remain considerable numbers of people unprotected or only partially unprotected
(C) delta causes illness in younger cohorts ( 40 and under ) these represent a late vaccination group and many aren’t vaccinated fully yet
(D) break through infections are rising in protected people especially those with other medical conditions , especially obesity , diabetes and heart disease.
(E) because delta is so transmissible , the unvaccinated represent a pool of virius , this pool can infect certain vaccinated groups and is a source of mutations of the virius. India uk for example spawned delta due to a huge percentage of unvaccinated people
Old 28-08-2021, 18:29   #58

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Well New York sent them to old folks homes.. same in the UK..
Like I said.. mismanagement and cockups by the people who you voted for to keep you safe.
Meantime the trough keeps being refilled.
So you think overcrowded hospitals due to the number of extremely sick covid patients was caused by the people we voted for? I don't get it. It's a pandemic.
Old 28-08-2021, 18:33   #59
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
To determine how people died and what role COVID played in their death will take years of comparative analysis and sectors studies etc.

All that can be done is to test for COVID and count it if the patient dies. COVID may or may not have been a significant factor in the death.

It would be equally wrong to not count COVID in deaths.

So on that balance counting COVID in deaths , is better then not.
Old 28-08-2021, 18:35   #60
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsfforsberg View Post
EXACTLY. The nonsense around this thing is insane. I only see scared people wearing masks in big grocery stores. Maybe they have co-morbidities, so good for them. I don't have health issues, so I'll keep on living. I have not heard or experienced any hospitals being overcrowded - other than big media, whose job it is, apparently, to make you afraid. Be very afraid! I am much more afraid of idiots texting while driving 80 mph.

I wear a mask in the grocery stores and it’s not because I’m scared it’s to help keep cases down. The mask isn’t helping me it’s hopefully doing something to help those around me, especially those that don’t feel the need to get vaccinated.
My brother in law is the head of the infectious disease department in a large medical school/hospital and tells me the hospital is full of non vaccinated COVID patients, FULL. Extremely frustrating for the doctors as they don’t have the time or resources to deal with patients that aren’t COVID related.

Tags
navy