Stupid sheep!
Old 29-08-2021, 08:17   #92

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283
Re: Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunexpat View Post
Stupid sheep!
Did the Mexican Navy require it or did they offer and you accepted? Just wondering
Old 29-08-2021, 08:26   #93

Greg K, you wrote:

Much of that perspective has been based on principally 3 disputed points which are:

1. vaccine offers much superior protection than natural immunity acquired thru infection. And also that the vaccine offers superior protection against new variants.

True. What the vaccine offers is protection against getting Covid in the very first place. Please also note in your reference that natural anti-bodies plus the vaccine offers even better immunity "Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and
given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta
variant."

2. The unvaccinated infect others while the vaccinated do not.

Of course, that is not true. Even before new variants etc. etc. the vaccine was never 100% effective. Please show where that was claimed on these pages.

3. The development of variants is caused by the unvaccinated.

Not caused, greatly assisted. More sick people gives the virus more chances to mutate. Again, where on these pages did anyone put 100% of the blame for variants on the unvaccinated?
Old 29-08-2021, 08:29   #94

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
Back to the OP. Thanks

Glad to hear cruisers have options without needing to ‘go home’

Near the end of the season last year Antigua did the same. The health minister Made it available free to anyone on the island. I suspect many islands are the same.

We chose to get ours at a Cincinnati Walgreens as walk-ins. It’s available now by appointment or walk in at almost any pharmacy and many big grocery stores.

We expect to get the booster before the season begins in November.

By brother is in primary care at Marquette hospital. He is front line well connected and several of his children are also in medicine. He has escaped so far but three of his adult children have had it, one severely. Also several of their family members, all before the vaccines. My brother is a big proponent of vitamin C, D, Zinc and ivermectin. They note reduced morbidity in patients and many docs are taking prophylacticly. Perhaps helped him avoid infection. He and the other health professionals are tired of daily 18 hours in haz-mat suits and treating the steady stream of unvaccinated patients. Nearly all severely ill are unvaccinated, upper 90%. In my mind the numbers are very clear. Ignore the politics and do the math. Sick in a third world country in a crappy hospital with no ventilators is a very bad plan.
Always heartening to hear anecdotal support for Vit C,D, Zinc and Ivermectin. One does wonder why the public health authorities and the media have gone to such great lengths to suppress and discredit such treatment.

As for doing the math, I cannot speak to the situation in the US, but the numbers in the linked pdf file from the UK Feb to August seem to suggest quite a different picture to the one you mention in terms of admissions and especially deaths. Even though the infection rate for the unvaccinated rate is much higher, the vaccinated seem to be dying at a significantly higher rate than the unvaccinated. Have a look and come to your own conclusions.

https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch...7_1041x784.png
Old 29-08-2021, 08:32   #95
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnax View Post
Much of that perspective has been based on principally 3 disputed points which are:

1. vaccine offers much superior protection than natural immunity acquired thru infection. And also that the vaccine offers superior protection against new variants.

True. What the vaccine offers is protection against getting Covid in the very first place. Please also note in your reference that natural anti-bodies plus the vaccine offers even better immunity "Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and
given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta
variant."

Well they're not gonna say it does not..

Of course, that is not true. Even before new variants etc. etc. the vaccine was never 100% effective. Please show where that was claimed on these pages.

Not caused, greatly assisted. More sick people gives the virus more chances to mutate. Again, where on these pages did anyone put 100% of the blame for variants on the unvaccinated?
Try "Where in these Covid Threads"...
Many times..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 29-08-2021, 08:33   #96

Boat: Seafarer 38 cutter rigged
Send a message via MSN to Allan S

I started this thread to state how pleased I was getting vaccinated with little effort and cost. It sure turned into quite the show. Not my intention at all.
Old 29-08-2021, 08:35   #97

Boat: Seafarer 38 cutter rigged
Send a message via MSN to Allan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
Did the Mexican Navy require it or did they offer and you accepted? Just wondering
We walked up to the vaccination center at the Karl Marx, (yes, that Karl Marx), and asked. They had no reservations in giving us the jabs.
Old 29-08-2021, 08:47   #98
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Some good news for the AZ vaccinated...

THE Oxford/AstraZeneca jab gives powerful protection that may last a whole lifetime, a new study has found.

As well as generating virus-busting antibodies, the vaccine also creates “training camps” in the body for search-and-destroy T-cells which can kill even new variants.
It means the body can continue making these vital cells long after the antibodies have waned - as possibly for the rest of your life.

Scientists from Oxford and Switzerland, writing in journal Nature, say T-cell protection is a “key feature” of adenovirus vaccines like the Oxford and J&J jabs.

Researcher Prof Burkhard Ludewig, of Cantonal Hospital in Switzerland, said: "The T-cells that come from these cellular training camps appear to have a very high level of ‘fitness’.

“Adenoviruses have co-evolved with humans over a very long time, and learned a lot about the human immune system in the process.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/156059...me-protection/

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 29-08-2021, 08:52   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Try "Where in these Covid Threads"...
Many times..
If I wrote it, please show me so I can fall on my sword. If someone else wrote it please show me so I can loan them my sword.
Old 29-08-2021, 08:54   #100

Boat: X442

I'm all for vaccinations. Problem with the current Covid vaccinations is that they protect against the spike found on the original virus (pre-alpha variant, etc). This original spike is no longer in circulation. The spike on delta differs significantly from the original spike rendering the vaccinations much less effective, heading towards useless. Hence the issue in Israel where cases are going through the roof again.

Furthermore, the immune response to the vaccines means there are indeed anti bodies ready to latch on to a foreign spike when they appear in the body, but the less than perfect fit (it's a different spike now) has led to the virus not getting destroyed but actually finding less resistance to entering the cell where it subsequently replicates.

Finally, the vaccines only train the immune system to look out for a specific spike while someone recovered from covid has much more 'intelligence' built into the immune system to recognise the virus, not based solely on the spike. This explains the much better immunity of recovered individuals as compared to 'only' vaccinated.

The coming months will be interesting to see how the data continues to tell the unfolding story. For sure it will be exciting. And it will get more ugly as much of the science continues to be suppressed and a significant portion of the population (fellow human beings, not some lesser beings) will get blamed unjustly.
Old 29-08-2021, 08:57   #101

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Greg K, you wrote:

variant."

No, absolutely not true. According to this research those who had acquired natural immunity through prior infection had significantly more robust and longer lasting immunity than those only vaccinated. Those with both natural immunity and one shot had even stronger immunity, but those with only the vaccination were at the very bottom.

Regarding variants, you are simply just repeating the same old tired line which I have challenged as, at best, unconvincing. It is still equally unconvincing regardless of how many times it is repeated.
Old 29-08-2021, 09:20   #102
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
If I wrote it, please show me so I can fall on my sword. If someone else wrote it please show me so I can loan them my sword.
Hey its your assertion.. you do the research..

Old 29-08-2021, 09:30   #103

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
That's a very 'kids abacus' way of looking at stats.. every voyage is a fresh 50/50.. not an automatic you've had the good 50 now cop for the bad..
Pretty sure I've got a decent grasp on statistics. I guess the stats work for you like your immune system. Each new virus is a new game with the "my strong immune system beats this just like it beats the flu".
Old 29-08-2021, 09:49   #104
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Pretty sure I've got a decent grasp on statistics. I guess the stats work for you like your immune system. Each new virus is a new game with the "my strong immune system beats this just like it beats the flu".
Is that any different to your faith in a vaccine.. Pfizer was it.???

Old 29-08-2021, 09:57   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
No, absolutely not true. According to this research those who had acquired natural immunity through prior infection had significantly more robust and longer lasting immunity than those only vaccinated. Those with both natural immunity and one shot had even stronger immunity, but those with only the vaccination were at the very bottom.

Regarding variants, you are simply just repeating the same old tired line which I have challenged as, at best, unconvincing. It is still equally unconvincing regardless of how many times it is repeated.
My apologies. I meant to state Not True for number 1. True doesn't fit at all with my explanation. My bad.

Tags
navy