Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 10:49   #16

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: Plan on Selling the Ugly Duckling Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic1957 View Post
Hi would be interested in coming to take a look at your boar once it warms up a bit We are fairly new to sailing and wanting to do a live aboard and do lots of sailing Have been looking for a boat to do a trip to Alaska and maybe south for the winters please keep in touch and let me know when could come and see boat and maybe do some sailing with you if that is possibly
Thanks. Chris
Hi Chris,

Where are you now? I'm here in Blaine, WA next to the Boarder Patrol on I-5.
🤔 I should have mentioned earlier that the boat is an old racer so the interior is roomy but the headroom is on the short side. So anyone over 6' might have a little trouble.

Yeah, here it is almost spring and we're getting occasional snow. Too cold for sailing IMHO. ❄️
Del
Old 08-03-2017, 11:12   #17

Boat: Catalina 30

When my 2 year old granddaughter saw the pic of the snazzy yellow hull, she was sold! ( Her favorite color: yellow, her favorite animal, duckling)

Ok, so I will see how much to bring her to the salt-free, shark-free ocean called Lake Michigan.
carlheintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:20   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlheintz View Post
When my 2 year old granddaughter saw the pic of the snazzy yellow hull, she was sold! ( Her favorite color: yellow, her favorite animal, duckling)

Ok, so I will see how much to bring her to the salt-free, shark-free ocean called Lake Michigan.
3 of my sailboats have been sunflower yellow.

Just so you know, she is 15' from the bottom of the keel to the top of the windshield. And the mast is keel steeped at 60' long. Boat is 41' long w/bow pulpit and the windvane romoved.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:59   #19
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ugly Duckling is what I consider an outstanding boat. So, I included it in the thread I started and keep going called "Outstanding Boats" (a personal selection of my favorites).
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2342214

Here is an excerpt of what I wrote about the boat:

Outstanding Boat? Why?
From my POV, it represents an outstanding example of taking an older IOR design boat and renovating it or updating it with cruising gear and many nice upgrades.

In short, if you are looking for a boat that is 40 feet long and "loaded" with an almost new engine, lots of recently upgraded gear and spare parts, this boat is one to consider.

This particular boat caught my eye three years ago. It is one I have looked at for hours as I read the excellently illustrated DIY blog entries (highly recommended for numerous projects such as adding a hard dodger) that show how the upgrades were performed by the owner. Since I was able to follow along with many of the projects, I was impressed by the quality of the work done, the "perfectionism" of the work, and the interesting changes made. Many man hours were invested in making the upgrades to the boat.

For newcomers to CF, this boat and owner may not be familiar. But, for the CF members who have been here for several years, the owner and boat will be familiar and his knowledgeable projects are

In addition, the owner/seller has a nice website/blog that has many photos showing the upgrade projects.

One of the outstanding "features" of this boat is the owner's offer to help the future buyer with information about the boat. See the sale listing for this. In my view, that is something especially valuable for any boat that has had significant upgrades or changes from a stock boat. Here is what the owner wrote:

"I'll be willing to give the new owner support into the systems and maintenance for as long as needed. "

To me, that is VERY valuable, because this owner has done so much of the work himself and knows that boat and systems, and that knowledge would be much appreciated as a new owner. Outstanding!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:08   #20
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
3 of my sailboats have been sunflower yellow.

Just so you know, she is 15' from the bottom of the keel to the top of the windshield. And the mast is keel steeped at 60' long. Boat is 41' long w/bow pulpit and the windvane romoved.
As I mentioned before in a PM, I very much like the yellow paint choice. I think it looks great.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:58   #21

SH,
Thanks for the commentary.
Just to add that she is very well balanced and will sail herself on a closehaul, hands free, for long periods.
Old 08-03-2017, 14:25   #22

Thanks for the heads up it does sounds like he has done lots of work to the boats. Would love to be able to see the boats in action and do some sailing with him.

Thanks. Chris
medic1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 14:30   #23

Boat: Hunter 27

I'll sell you my soul, somewhat slightly used but mostly runs true to course, as well as my first child. He's 38 and an engineer, so i'm surrendering part of my retirement plan for your boat.
doc_cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 14:34   #24

Hi Del. Would be very interested in talking to you more about your sailboat if you would be interested if you could give me a number to call you. Thanks. Chris medic1957
Old 08-03-2017, 14:39   #25

I'm in cold lake Alberta Canada would like to come once it was warm enough to sail . Would really need some instruction on your boat as I have limited sailing ocean time but looking at doing it full time in retirement. Thanks for the response. Chris
Old 08-03-2017, 15:36   #26

Boat: Cascade 42 Maria Victoria

Sorry to see the boat up for sale. Someone will get a great boat as you did a wonderful job on it.
Just wish I knew someone who wanted a nice Cascade 42 because I would buy your boat.
Take care
pdxsailordiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 16:43   #27

Boat: Currently in between

She is a beauty, obviously this was a labor of love! Hate it you feel the need to sell but somebody will be getting a wonderful yacht for a great price.
Old 08-03-2017, 16:45   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic1957 View Post
Hi Del. Would be very interested in talking to you more about your sailboat if you would be interested if you could give me a number to call you. Thanks. Chris medic1957
Chris,
Sent you a PM.....
Old 08-03-2017, 17:28   #29

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

Say it ain't so!!! This is disturbing...you will be missed out there...you sure?
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 17:38   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdoraKeeper View Post
Say it ain't so!!! This is disturbing...you will be missed out there...you sure?
Yeah sure!

My profession has beat me up pretty good and starting to take a toll on the lower back. I figure I only have a couple more good years unless I knock off the labors. Sailing is fine, but maintenance haul-outs will do me in. Maybe I can sail with other people.

« Fleming | Surveyors »