Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2018, 11:47   #16

Boat: Currently in between
Re: Western Caribbeans and El Nino

I actually think Zee answered his question but he can't, or doesn't want, to see it. I believe he wants someone to hold his hand and tell him Tony Rode a Pony.

Oops, maybe he doesn't get Tony Rode a Pony either..

We are not in El Nino yet, maybe it will crank up sometime between September-November?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-w...-idUSKBN1IB202
Old 28-08-2018, 11:49   #17

Boat: Currently in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggerman View Post
I fail to recall and associate year dates, patterns and El Nino.
Roughly every 2 years and the last time was 2016 according to the article I linked (above).
Old 28-08-2018, 11:56   #18

Boat: Baba 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
It's the internet. You do understand how this works, don't you? Because it kind of seems like you don't. You're going to get all kinds of answers. You can't dictate what people will post. Trying to is just pretty foolish. The more you demand that people answer questions the way you want them to, the more likely they are to go off topic.

Your original question was pretty general, and now you're getting pissy because people aren't giving you the very specific information that you want. Zeehag is trying to help. We all are. Chill out.
The OP asked (as a self confessed “landlubber”) about El Niño. Zeehag goes on a wandering rant with lots of CAPs, throws in “if you wish to discuss el nino, then wait for the el nino enso cycle” at some point and you think that’s helpful.

Huh...
Sailshabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 12:25   #19

I didn't say it WAS helpful. I said that she was trying to help. There is a difference, you know.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 12:33   #20
Marine Service Provider

The Pacific Hurricane Center has said that the existence of an El Nino or La Nina, regardless of their durations, has no correlation with the historical pattern of tropical storms and hurricanes.
jmschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 12:35   #21
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
So according to zeehag logic. wait until your engine blow up before learning about maintenance. By the way, I been sailing the world for 40 years, full time for the last 10. Trying to learn about future scenario is how a true sailor prevents disasters.
i laugh at your ignorance. you actually THINK someone can predict the future. may want to speak with other mets before thinking anyone can predict your weather in advance by years or months. funny boy., even nhc, gods of usa weather forecasting cannot do that nor noaa nor anyone. have fun trying.
predicting even each enso anomaly is not do able. each enso cycle works differently.

you ask that which NO ONE other than your gods of wtf can predict.
prediction for your future--you will have weather. it will change. want more--live it. place a stone on a string outside your door. when it is wet, it is rainy... hot--is sunny. cold--well you can guess the rest.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 12:38   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailshabby View Post
The OP asked (as a self confessed “landlubber”) about El Niño. Zeehag goes on a wandering rant with lots of CAPs, throws in “if you wish to discuss el nino, then wait for the el nino enso cycle” at some point and you think that’s helpful.

Huh...
wandering rant-hahahahahahaha-- obviously you have no clue as to weather and climate and cycles there to. definitely not a sailor. sailors know their weather. if they donot know it they learn it. fast. if not learned they die or get lost at sea.
when the hot current appears you will know it is to be el nino, not before. not predictble as mets have learned, and changes in may. you have a few months to wait until it shows its cycle phase. iff it does.

such humor i didnot realize existed in this forum.
Old 28-08-2018, 12:50   #23

Boat: Irwin MK III 43ft

A real sailor knows that certain weather patterns affect things like trade current, trade winds etc...... In the pacific when there is an El Nino the north Pacific are driven north, and the north Equatorial are driven south. Thus a sailor planning a crossing can plan as to where to start his crossing. A real sailor would know that. This is well documented by NOAA and other sailor resources. The thing is that at this point, there is not much records as to what the effect of El Nino is in the western Caribbeans. Thus I was asking if any one had some intelligent knowledge. Are the trade winds coming later ? or is the gulf streams faster or lower. I have seen gulf stream at different speed over the years. 2 knots sometimes up to 4 knots in other year. I just forgot to write down the year so that I can compare with El Nino to El Nina. A true sailor would easily understand where I am going with that question. If I miss the forecast before a sailing and ask on the SSB what the forecast is for the next 3 days, and someone comes back and say wait 4 days and you will know. He certainly would get a mouth full not only from Me, but probably from all the sailors that are listening. Sailors help each others, they just don't pipe in with useless information's just to try to sound smart, and prove the opposite. So if this is having a bad day. Then yes I am having a bad day.
Riggerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 13:10   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Bacchus View Post
I actually think Zee answered his question but he can't, or doesn't want, to see it. I believe he wants someone to hold his hand and tell him Tony Rode a Pony.

Oops, maybe he doesn't get Tony Rode a Pony either..

We are not in El Nino yet, maybe it will crank up sometime between September-November?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-w...-idUSKBN1IB202
enso cycles change in end may. we are currently in a strong cold current situation . in end may we will see what kind of current replaces our currently cold current. the year for enso cycling is may to may. if you watch closely you can see the temps slowly beginning to change starting as early as early as end march. it is a fascinating event.
Old 28-08-2018, 13:16   #25

Quote:
A real sailor knows that certain weather patterns affect things like trade current, trade winds etc...... In the pacific when there is an El Nino the north Pacific are driven north, and the north Equatorial are driven south. Thus a sailor planning a crossing can plan as to where to start his crossing. A real sailor would know that. This is well documented by NOAA and other sailor resources. The thing is that at this point, there is not much records as to what the effect of El Nino is in the western Caribbeans. Thus I was asking if any one had some intelligent knowledge. Are the trade winds coming later ? or is the gulf streams faster or lower. I have seen gulf stream at different speed over the years. 2 knots sometimes up to 4 knots in other year. I just forgot to write down the year so that I can compare with El Nino to El Nina. A true sailor would easily understand where I am going with that question. If I miss the forecast before a sailing and ask on the SSB what the forecast is for the next 3 days, and someone comes back and say wait 4 days and you will know. He certainly would get a mouth full not only from Me, but probably from all the sailors that are listening. Sailors help each others, they just don't pipe in with useless information's just to try to sound smart, and prove the opposite. So if this is having a bad day. Then yes I am having a bad day.
you are beyond having a bad day. start studying reality and quit expecting things unplan-able to be planned. that is a psych situation treatable with drugs, if i remember my medical training and healthcare delivery experience at all accurately. .
please have some more coffee and prozac and return when you can accept that some things are not predictable as you expect them to be.
passage weather is viewable for 7 days in advance and has a statement of disclaimer pledging their predictions are only accurate for 3 days if that. not one accurate assessment is exactly that, especially via vhf radio.
looks like you may do well taking a set of earth science and weather classes. learn to read a weather map. i did at age 8. easy peasy. what is your excuse for not so doing. good sailors know their weather, and not from
a vhf. can you read the weather rock yet???

ps if you think my words are useless, then you are no sailor
Old 28-08-2018, 13:17   #26

Just love to say enso cycling. Don't you ?????
Old 28-08-2018, 13:33   #27

Wow this is just getting better. All blue water sailor get their forecast via SSB not VHF. And predictions are just that prediction, not accurate as you say, not even 24 hours. You just confirmed what I thought. never left the dock have you ?????
Old 28-08-2018, 13:34   #28

Boat: Morgan 382

Seems to me that on both sides folks are being a bit over the top. Now I understand the ZeeHag ID. YEESH. Enough is enough. What a pissing contest.
SAD!
mud bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 13:37   #29

Would love to have a battle of wits, but it appear zee cam unarmed.
Old 28-08-2018, 13:55   #30

Quote:
Just love to say enso cycling. Don't you ?????
wanna check the name mets use??is enso cycling. it is a reality. try learning weather.

Tags
Caribbean, rib