Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2019, 07:25   #31

Re: I’d like to setup a small galley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Even with a funnel, you spill fuel. Gasoline is very good at igniting from vapors as well as fuel slicks, which is one reason why generator manuals usually tell you to LET IT COOL DOWN before attempting to refuel. If the tank is too small for that regular use, you're supposed to get a bigger tank, or generator. The small portable units designed for tailgating are not intended to be used for long days and nights. Yes, you can, as long as you're aware of the issues.

As to the power requirements of what you want to use onboard? RTFM.

These days there are online manuals and spec sheets for just about everything, and they will tell you the power consumption in watts for every device you want to use. And, the start-up surge for air conditioners is well documented, it may be double what the nominal working current is.

You need a bigger boat.
yes you are correct about letting gen cool down before refueling the gen..I believe it will run a steady pace for 12 hours straight.

I wasn't aware of the AC current requirments being multiplyed. I was planning proable bedroom AC that cools inside air then blows the hot air out a exhaust tube to outside.

I could use an extra 2' of aft.deck but am content being able to trailer anywhere I want and be able to solo launch/retrieval at almost any boat launch.
I'm actually planning a slitely larger 28' aluminum center cabin but a hull this size will limit my choice of boat ramps.

I'm still a little concerned w/ a open flame and my reserve fuel tanks emitting fumes stored in aft.deck.
Old 29-01-2019, 07:31   #32
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser
Re: I’d like to setup a small galley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Steve1 View Post
I'm still a little concerned w/ a open flame and my reserve fuel tanks emitting fumes stored in aft.deck.
A very valid concern. While gas fumes are heavier than air, a breeze can make a world of difference.

Sorry, I believe you simply have the wrong boat for what you want to achieve.
Sometimes you can't get there from here.

Tags
galley