Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-01-2010, 20:56   #1

Boat: Farrier Command 10 Tri
Air X Wind Generator - Yaw Bearing

I need to replace the yaw bearing on my Air x wind generator.

I've removed the hub and blades, the face with stator and rotor, I've pulled out the slip rings with the wires still attached and I've removed the bearing snap ring. Because the wires are attached to a connector at the other end I will have to cut them to remove completely. I haven't taken the circuit out yet but i will, if need be. to be safe.

But before I go any further (cutting wires /removing circuit board) I wanted to ask if anyone has any tips for removing the bearing. Because the bearing is inside the housing there doesn't seem any easy way to use a gear puller to push it out.

Once I have removed everything (if that's necessary) I could try and tap the yaw body out of the bearing but i would be hitting at an angle and I don't want to damage the wire holes or the threaded hole for the slip ring bolt. Could I jury rig something using this bolt and push it out ?

And then of course, I have to remove the bearing from the casing and replace it.

Like I say if anyone has done this before or has any tips to make it safer or easier I would appreciate any help.

Jim
jpemb7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, wind generator