Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2016, 16:10   #1

Lagoon Dealer recommendations

Hi,

I am looking for a Lagoon dealer who will provide a good discount on a new purchase. Caribbean, Europe or here in the US. Any recommendation would be great.

What kind of discounts (in %) have you been able to get on a Lagoon 42 or 450?
d95sld95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 22:21   #2

Boat: Still looking
Re: Lagoon Dealer recommendations

Not sure about the level of discount you might achieve but I consistently hear excellent reports about the customer service and after-sales service from Graham Laver at Ancasta in Southampton, UK.

New Lagoon Catamarans For Sale | 380, 39, 400 S2 Ranges UK

Other forum members have said the same thing about Graham and Ancasta - including one member who has purchased two Lagoons from him in the past 10 years.
CartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 00:52   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450 Flybridge

I have recently been down this path.

I considered new 42, 450 S and 450 F. And contacted a lot of Lagoon dealers!

The discount offered on the 450 is better than the 42 - possibly better margins on the 450, or the 42 is just selling better. As of a month ago, I could get delivery of either in June 17. (42 was via an existing order, otherwise September)

As far a dealers go, the dealer in Portugal was by far the best to deal with - José Oliveira, siroco@siroco-nautica.pt.

In the end, I found and bought a low use 2015 450 F (hull 440) - 2 weeks from listing to a closed deal!

On discount, I leave that to you to negotiate.

You probably won't get discount on €12.5k launch etc. If you are doing a Les Sables-d’Olonne pickup, you could deal with SAS directly on commissioning.

Buy the Code 0 sail and dinghy/outboard aftermarket.

If you are going for a 450, consider an aftermarket water maker such as Aquabase so you can keep 4th water tank. Cost about the same.

Don't buy standard Lagoon supplied anchors - hopeless.

BTW - I rejected the 42 because of lack water storage issue in generator installed, and poor storage options.
anthonyp0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:41   #4

Boat: Lagoon 42

I have a new Lagoon 42 (Hull #138) on order. My ex-factory date is the middle of June and delivery to Tortola late August of 2017. If the particular boat model is in demand, it will be virtually impossible to find deep discounts. That is not to say that one might not discover an unusual circumstance and find a sweet deal, but it's very unlikely. The used market is the place for a deep discount, not the new boat market. Even then, a well-maintained, well-equipped boat is seldom going to come with much of a discount. It sounds as though d95lsd95 recognizes the reality of new boat purchases. If a fair discount is what one has in mind, I have some ideas. My wife and I spent years sailing many blue water miles on other peoples' boats to determine the catamaran for us. We also did more than our share of due diligence to prepare for our negotiations during the buying process. We came in slightly under budget, but only slightly. We feel our deal was a good one, with a fair discount. However, negotiations on a boat in high demand like the 42 means one will pay what the market demands.

We think we have found a good solution to the water storage issue while still having the factory installed genset, as well as working out overall storage solutions.

d95sld95, PM me if you would like and I can give you details on our deal. We are very happy with our dealer!
Old 03-01-2017, 09:22   #5

Boat: Lagoon 42

D95,
I am going to throw my hat in the ring here and suggest that if you can
figure out your financing (if needed), buying in Euros is the way to go. We used Harel yacht in St Martin, our boat is being delivered right now. The euro is very low compared to the dollar. Harel gave a nice discount below the factory euro price, and split the delivery cost too, which was very reasonable to start with. So far, communication has been excellent, and what better place to pick up a new cat than St Martin! Ask for Ziad, and tell them Chris sent you. See what they have to say.
Chris
Sv Disco Volante
Saltrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, men