Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 05:28   #1

Boat: currently boatless
New Lagoon Dealer in Australia

Hello all,
hearing on pretty good authority that Windcraft is the new dealer in New South Wales Australia for Lagoon catamarans. I have only ever heard good things regarding Wildcraft and there aftersales service. Visceral used to be the only dealer here in Australia, I wonder if they are still the representatives or have been replaced.

Greg and Sue
SV Sunshine
Lagoon 410
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:44   #2

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241
Re: New Lagoon Dealer in Australia

Latest Tradeaboat seems to imply that they have taken over in all eastern states.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Seabreeze, Lagoon 380 #241
Innisfail, North Queensland, Australia ... Cruising the waters of the Great Barrier Reef
www.sea-breeze.com.au
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:45   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsailer View Post
Hello all,
hearing on pretty good authority that Windcraft is the new dealer in New South Wales Australia for Lagoon catamarans. I have only ever heard good things regarding Wildcraft and there aftersales service. Visceral used to be the only dealer here in Australia, I wonder if they are still the representatives or have been replaced.

Greg and Sue
SV Sunshine
Lagoon 410
Replaced? - changed? they dropped Lagoon I understand not the other way round, but I could be wrong, just industry gossip, or As they say on the footy show - Gooooooooone. and no mention of lagoon on their website anymore
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:16   #4

Visceral are still advertising Benneteau. So they can't have had a big fallout with CNB.
I'm sure the new boys can't do a worse job in Australia, if you get my drift.

Visiting Bordeaux and La Rochelle soon so I'll get the goss on this side.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 23:23   #5

"Replaced? - changed? they dropped Lagoon I understand not the other way round, but I could be wrong, just industry gossip"

That would make perfect sense you are in the business of selling multi-hulls and you drop the agency for the biggest Multi hull manufacturer in the world.

I think not.

Bellow copied from there new web site.

THE MULTIHULL GROUP - LAGOON CATAMARANS

John Cowpe and Peter Hrones founded TMG in 2015. Their vision is to bring the very best multihulls to Australia so their customers can enjoy the incredible on-water lifestyle these wonderful boats offer.
TMG is based in 4 locations on the East Coast of Australia with a wealth of experience in the yachting industry among the team.
PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 14:23   #6
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

N.B. Any Lagoon owners in OZ concerned with sourcing original parts or servicing requirements for their vessels might want to make contact with The Multihull Group. We believe TMG are a subsidiary of The Windcraft Group, but in any event John Cowper (TMG Managing Director) said to us...

"(W)e are doing our best to gather owners’ details as we are coming from a standing start in many ways. Any assistance you can render in passing on our details would be very welcome."

Appropos others' posts regarding how TMG were appointed (or on what circumstances prompted Visceral's departure) you can form your own interpretations of what is meant by "...coming from a standing start..."
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 17:15   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinOz View Post
That would make perfect sense you are in the business of selling multi-hulls and you drop the agency for the biggest Multi hull manufacturer in the world.
Its a business, and it only makes sense if they are making a dollar, The goss had it that the margins were getting razor thin, but not only don't I know for sure, I really don't care either.

Interestingly though Windcraft were the Dragonfly agent, but appear to have no mention on their website neither does TMG. Not sure what the status of Drangonfly in Australia is, but it may just be being moved under the TMG umbrella, I hope so, the Drangonfly product is a very fine one indeed and it would be shame if they were not represented in Australia.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 23:05   #8

Boat: FP Helia 44

I'm pretty sure the dealer in oz was Vicsail, who also had Beneteau monos,but it appears to have changed hands...it happens.
Jeffrey Oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:26   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Oc View Post
I'm pretty sure the dealer in oz was Vicsail, who also had Beneteau monos,but it appears to have changed hands...it happens.
Still doing Bene but sans Lagoon.

Vicsail? I like Visceral, but I'll blame spellchecker.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, lagoon