Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51   #31

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Re: Lagoon 400 - Anybody Check it Out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
I posted this on another thread:

I was on the Lagoon 400 yesterday. Without a doubt, this was the worst catamaran I have ever been on. I dislike writing that, but I was shocked at what I found and can't believe a manufacturer is trying to put something like that boat out for sale. This boat was designed only for sitting on a dock, and it isn't even a good boat for that. I have become used to condomarans and charter boats, and give them credit for filling their design goals and market niche. I can give no credit to the Lagoon 400.
+++++++++++
The market competition for the Lagoon 400 is the FP Lipari. The Lipari also has a lot of flawed compromises, but it is a far, far superior boat than the Lagoon 400.

On the other hand, the Lagoon 400 was chock full of people drooling over it saying it is the best catamaran ever produced. So what do I know...

Just my observations and opinions,

Mark
Some years later..... the L 400 has sold more then ca 220+ and the Lipari has sold ca 100+

Why is that ? if it is so bad ?
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33   #32

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by careka View Post
Some years later..... the L 400 has sold more then ca 220+ and the Lipari has sold ca 100+

Why is that ? if it is so bad ?
Why did Chevettes and Yugos sell more cars than any other at the time? Why does the Ford Fiesta outsell all others now? Why are Atlantic 57's so rare? Do Schionning Waterlines really suck so much that they will only make a couple each year? Why does the Macgregor 26 outsell all other boats?

I don't understand using volume sold as an indication of anything other than popularity, price point, or a deal struck with fleet services. Or maybe manufacturing capacity.

Again, look back at my review and tell me where I mentioned anything subjective. I'm not bashing Lagoon or supporting Lipari. I found the 400 to be a singularly bad boat. Maybe it was only the boat show hull that was bad.

I said nothing about its sailing abilities because I never sailed one, but please tell me where I was wrong about the galley storage or the anchor rollers. Raised helms and wood colors are personal tastes and I didn't comment one way or another on them except to note that they are the current trend with many boats. I mentioned the round bar seat back, which may also be personal taste, but I have never met anyone that found that design comfortable, or even not painful. I also mentioned that the helm did not have any protection from the elements. That is not subjective and not unique to raised helms.

I understand an argument based on specifics, or even differences in personal preferences. But not one based on number of units sold.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37   #33

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka

Hey Mark
i did not say you where wrong.
There is not a Perfect boat. like you want it, or like i want it.
We are all different.
Some like the older girls, some like the young once.

Happy sailing.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400