Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 19:39   #1

Seychelles Cruising 2012

Single sailor 57, retiring early 2012 , 36 ft benateau sailing inner islands 6 months diving,fishing , golf, tennis island hopping .
Boat moored Eden Island Marina.
Looking for assistant share cooking , sailing , no ex reqd. free to come and go as please.Your ticket to Seychelles + share food and drinks.

John L
Old 11-06-2011, 21:56   #2

Re: Seychelles cruising 2012

Hello ,i m george,a 50 year old greek sailor,recently had to sell my boat that was my home for the last 7 years ,and with which i sailed from UK to the Med.
Are you still looking?I know you are not asking for experience ,but it is there,i can also contribute to any maintence work onboard ,as i was doing all myself on my boat .I am kind of a boat freak ,it is my great passion ,so having the chance to sail a new ocean ,it is something i d have a problem to say no.....Also i m not a big golf player ,or a tennis one as a matter of fact.
otherwise you can count me as your first mate .Only one thing,as i ve never sailed or travelled that side of the earth ,can you give me an indicative living cost for the places you intend to visit?cost of drinks would be a great indicator!!),So anyways ,have a great time ,and if can ,send me a note to let me know if i m needed.Best regards
George
Old 12-06-2011, 05:42   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to rokosanchez
Re: Seychelles cruising 2012

Hello John! I am 24 years old. I have never saild but I have always wanted to. I would love to join you. I just graduated from the university and am trying to do something exciting. I am in Mexico but I could perfectly fly to Europe and catch you there. I don´t know anything about sailing, but I read a lot and love cultural diversity, so I think I am a nice guy to travel and chat with.
Well, my best regards
Rodrigo
Old 12-06-2011, 16:41   #4

Re: Seychelles Cruising 2012

Hello George thank you for the reply , I am still in planning stage and still looking,golf and tennis is when you get bored of fishing ,diving snorkling,sailing,etc.cost is slightly higher than Greece but there is a lot of fresh fruit ,fish you catch daily so work on $200 dollars/month /person.Your English is very good are you in Greece could you give me some background.

Regards
John Livanos
Old 12-06-2011, 16:45   #5

Rodrigo thanks for your reply,I am still in planning stages , please google Seychelles and get some background on the area I intend to sail , ex is not necessary as I wont be sailing long distances , nav is by sight all I need is someone to help with mooring . ond general sailing functions like steering and raising sails.

Regards
John Livanos
Old 13-06-2011, 08:49   #6

Hello john,so thats how your username is explained...!!Thanks for your nice words about my english ,indeed i ve lived in the uk for 7 years ,and it was there that i bought my boat ,and started sailing .If you want more about my travels you coul;d have a look at my facebook profile george soilis ,my travels are on the map of tripadvisor cities i ve visited app.
I am single,nothing to hold me in any place,well you know ,thats what sailors are like ..unless you catch port rot.. ...
So i ve sailed around the atlantic coast of europe for the first 2 years ,then entered the damned med,and fell in love with baleares and andalucia .so after staying one year in rio guadiana,portugal ,and cadiz,we entered the med.went up to menorca twice ,but both times postponed the passage towards greece in the fear that things in greece are not going to be nice for a greek couple on a UK flagged boat...)so we stayed there for 3 years ,going up and down from almeria to mallorca,and spending summers in baleares,winters in almeria.finally my relationship ended ,and i found myself on a boat ,but not really wanting to be there ,as it carried too many memories.so i gave it away (literally) ,well for 5000 euros,i just needed to get out.So after living onboard for so many years ,i found myself in ****en greece ,amidst the ****en crisis.and since i m not much of a slave,i ve given up work many years ago and have no interest to do so anyway ,there s nothing in gr4eece that i m fond of.but since my properties are here and this is not a good time to sell and **** off,i ve got to wait.
ok that was a bit detailed,but thats how it is.
if you care tell me more about you and the plan ,and are you also in greece at present?
best regards
George
Old 13-06-2011, 17:05   #7

George

I am of Greek decent , living in Australia , I spent most of my life in Africa .
I am married , wife will join me on boat at times.I am retiring end of 2011 and intend to spend 6 months sailing the inner islands of Seychelles , I also would like to spend time in Greece and Cyprus where my wife has a house ,we sailed the Ionian Islands last year for 3 months and I loved it.

I am negotiating a ex charter boat Benetau 373 and am going through all formalities of registration and surveying please research the Seychelles as they are unique and tropical.The boat will have a base at Eden Island marina which has all the facilities ,swimming pools ,gym restaurants supplies and is close to town for supplies.

Regards
Greek
Old 13-06-2011, 18:37   #8

hello again ,oh yes they are unique,i ve also checked a lot of talk about piracy in the noonsite.your take about this?Also i noticed that moving around the islands has some restrictions and parks that you need to purchase a license for sailing there,and i ve also seen the beaches...)......
yes i checked the marina ,looks great .and if the price i ve heard of 5 euros a day is true,its a bargain ,i tells you .try 25 a day in the bitter cold of north france ,and then who can turn down this offer...
hey greece has a calling ,i know,that its hard to resist.....but as a boat owner ,i m not so sure.all seems to be too hard to be done ,or too expensive.....oh well ,its a good thing you start at a distance ...
good thing you re living in australia ,maybe thats why you didnt pick on my f words on the last message...for which i thank you ...
So the plan is to live onboard ,all year round,or what?i mean after the 6 months?Is there a bigger plan for the boat?
regards
George
Old 24-06-2011, 06:01   #9

Can you tell a bit more about your entire route. Departure point, proposed stops, and final destination at the end of trip?
Old 24-06-2011, 10:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek View Post
Single sailor 57, retiring early 2012 , 36 ft benateau sailing inner islands 6 months diving,fishing , golf, tennis island hopping .
Boat moored Eden Island Marina.
Looking for assistant share cooking , sailing , no ex reqd. free to come and go as please.Your ticket to Seychelles + share food and drinks.

John L
hi john, my name is jeremiah im a young motivated french guy, living down to seychelles. i ll like to integrated a saling crew, are you still looking for assistance?
Old 27-06-2011, 12:21   #11

HI, my name is James. I currently live in Seattle. Limited experience. I'm 50, retired and love to sail. Laid back guy, easy to get along with. Really can't afford the boat I want but would really enjoy an extended trip. Great cook. Let me know. james1seattle@gmail.com or 206-370-4050

Tags
cruising, Seychelles, seychelles