Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2011, 20:58   #1

Boat: 1972 C&C 39.5
Send a message via Skype™ to docholiday1887
Houston/Galveston - Isla Mujeres - Rio Dulce

Whimsy needs one or more experienced, responsible crew, we'll have a full boat from Houston to Isla Mujeres, but from there through Belize, Utila, Roatan and up Rio Dulce (or south, if time permits before hurricane season), I'll be single handing her, she's a 39.5 C&C, well equipped and well found for cruising, solid westerbeke w27 diesel, new running and standing rigging, new winches, new sails.

i'm looking for crew that want to have a good time and some adventure, I'm an avid free diver and spearfisherman, so if you're looking to learn that, or some spanish, I'm a good teacher for those things, experienced world traveller, decent cook, great bartender.

I'd like to find crew that don't have a tight schedule in mind, open to cruise and change plans at a whimsy, that's the name of the boat, and the name of the game for me. We'll take no more risks than we have to, I don't want any problems, so a laid back person who knows sailing basics is a must, anyone with a lot of experience in the caribbean or aboard cruising boats is a big plus.

Email andrew@fair-tradewinds.com to get a hold of me, I'm in Seabrook making ready the ship right now, aim to leave for Isla the 24th of May, for Isla around the 1st of June. And within range of a safe hurricane hole by June 20th or so. Please send a detailed description of yourself, and if you can't manage that, don't bother. Thanks for reading!
Old 23-04-2011, 22:22   #2

Re: Houston/Galveston - Isla Mujeres - Rio Dulce

clarification: I should say - the boat is not "full" from Houston to Isla, we have space for more crew straight from Houston, but I'll have a couple friends crewing with me for that leg of the trip - I'd be looking for crew after Isla Mujeres and onward, but I do have space for anyone who was looking to leave from Houston/Galveston as well.

I should also point out that my 'bartender' reference should not imply I'm a drunk - I enjoy a drink here and there, worked as a bartender during university, but I am by no means a heavy drinker and am not looking for crew who are either.
Old 23-04-2011, 22:37   #3

further clarification - this is not a payed crew position, it's a free ride and free berth, shared costs for food.
Old 24-04-2011, 00:20   #4
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

It's going to be a long slog to Isla this time of the year. Good luck.

Tags
houston