Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2011, 08:58   #1

Available to Cruise from Florida ( JAX )

Hello

I'm looking to gain sailing experience. I raced cruiser yachts every weekend for one season in Australia so have some experience. I am a keen spear fisher and free diver and want to sail somewhere I can do that. I'm currently in Jacksonville FL but can travel to other parts of FL.
Old 18-04-2011, 07:03   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Available to Cruise from Florida (Jax)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Elise.

Old 23-04-2011, 21:12   #3

Boat: 1972 C&C 39.5
Send a message via Skype™ to docholiday1887
Re: Available to Cruise from Florida ( JAX )

hey elise, take a look at my ad, (once they approve it, just wrote it 5 minutes ago) - I'm headed from Seabrook TX to Isla Mujeres mexico then down towards rio dulce guatemala from there, through belize and past Utila and Roatan, great spearfishing water. I'm an avid free diver as well, I'll be brining my riffe and dive gear ; ) I'm andrew, docholiday1887 on here, 29 years old, the boat is whimsy, a 39.5' C&C, well equipped and well found for cruising, strong westerbeke w27 diesel, new rig, new sails, new winches, new bottom job, fully kitted out for extended cruising. i'm outfitting the boat and making ready right now, for the next 3 weeks, hoping to leave on may 24th for Isla Mujeres, arriving around june 1st. Flights from florida to cancun are cheap one way, you can hop out to the island from there for 20 bucks. or possibly leave from houston here, although there will be 2 other guys with me from there, i'll be on my own from isla mujeres and will need capable help. i speak spanish, as i mentioned, love to spearfish, have travelled all this route before although it'll be my first passage by boat ( i just bought whimsy this year, and have been fixing her up completely for extended cruising.) The boat is comfortable, berths for 8, two aft quarterberths and a v berth, 2 pilot berths and 2 convertible settees. Anyway, if you are interested, message me at andrew@fair-tradewinds.com or on here and we'll see what develops.

Tags
cruise, florida