Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2015, 16:24   #1

58 y.o. retired fit, female, I love to cook...

Sailing became my passion only this past winter, 2 months in The Caribbean and now I want more time on blue water. Life is my adventure, living it I'm content while traveling. Available September 2015, I have valid passport, do not smoke, drink or take drugs. I can help pay for food and my import tax.
Old 21-05-2015, 21:56   #2

Boat: Catamaran 17 mts one off
Re: 58 y.o. retired fit, female, I love to cook...

Hi I am a fit 65 yr old and at the moment I am in Larnaca Cyprus I have a 17 mtr Catamaran and I am looking for someone to help me with the boat through Turkey and the Greek Islands but I would like someone straight away as I am leaving here next week (fingers crossed) if the person works out I would like this person to go with me across the Atlantic this coming season, I am married but at the moment my wife is overseas with some medical issues, the boat has 4 double cabins so plenty of room. You can email me at philip@lacey.id.au see how you go.
Phil
Old 21-05-2015, 21:58   #3

Location: Tampa Bay area, Tarpon Springs, and Clearwater Beach
Boat: MacGregor 26M

Me too! Just discovered sailing and the Bahamas this winter. Planning another trip and looking for someone to go with. Open regarding details.
Old 22-05-2015, 05:50   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to mike528

Good day philip

Ii am interested. Gave sent you a direct mail
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 22-05-2015, 08:46   #5

Boat: Valiant Esprit 37'

Presently am in San Diego, California; plan to reach West Indies sometime next year, perhaps February, March; thereafter, cross Atlantic to Mediterranean about June/July 2016. Am keeping interested crew up to date with my more tangible plans as they materialize. If interested, email howell@howellhurst.com. I will add you to my list and keep you informed. 37’ Valiant Esprit, fully outfitted for ocean cruising. Regards, HH
Old 22-05-2015, 08:55   #6

Boat: 45 custom steel ketch-Steelin Time

I'm open to discussion about possible crew and long term companionship, in fact that is the reason I decided to buy my first big boat and am now planning to sail around and see the world. I have never had kids, always knew I wanted them (long story available if interested) and realize life will be very boring when I finally slow down without someone to think that I was important in their life. My normal email and much of my life story can be found on my website.
Old 22-05-2015, 10:25   #7

I'm new here,but also retired, and living in Cape Coral,fl. Could you text me at 239-691-3477 James
Old 22-05-2015, 10:37   #8

I need crew for Bermuda to Gibraltar, stopping in the Azores. I would like to leave Bermuda around July 1, 2015. Could this work for you?
I have a 44' Island Packet and will have two other crewmembers. I am 68 and will have my nephew and granddaughter. We can decide who will do the cooking. Email is gsaenger@adamsfirm.com.

George Saenger
Old 22-05-2015, 15:45   #9
cp1

Hi. Always can use crew who are engaged and like to cook. Delivery Capt and training instructor; 175k Nm.
If you email me your background I will contact you when we have trips coming up. Captdougcp1@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 22-05-2015, 20:22   #10

Boat: 1978 Pearson 424 Ketch

Hi ODAT,

I could use crew open-ended heading south from the Keys sate september '15 Have a pearson 424 ketch. Am running around for the next few months in the gulf and Bahamas. I live aboard and am retired I have a fwd cabin and possibly one other crew will know of her in mid august. contact me for mor info @ tinkrman69@yahoo.com or 352-325-4223.
Lance
Old 23-05-2015, 15:12   #11

Boat: Rhodes Pearson 41 sloop

Hi ODAT
I am 67 and retired. I'm planning leaving the New Orleans area after hurricane season, sometime in Nov., heading for the Keys, then Bahamas. I have a Rhodes Pearson 41 and have been looking for someone to crew. If still available at that time, contact me through email at jessehunt1001@charter.net
Thanks
Jesse Hunt
Old 23-05-2015, 20:32   #12

58 y.o. retired fit, female, I love to cook...

Please
Old 24-05-2015, 08:46   #13
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Looks like lots of offer/ crew swirling around. For the rest of us, could you please include pictures of your boats?
Old 24-05-2015, 09:20   #14

Boat: 45 custom steel ketch-Steelin Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Looks like lots of offer/ crew swirling around. For the rest of us, could you please include pictures of your boats?
Go to my website and you can learn all about me and my boat, even links to lots of very complete single profiles. I think the very complete profiles has been a problem, they know everything, I know nothing, they have trouble finding questions to ask, so conversation is tough, they find one thing out of 100 that doesn't fit and click, delete, I'm history. I understand I'm surely not for everybody, but there has to be somebody....... I'll keep busy working on the boat.
Old 24-05-2015, 12:14   #15

Boat: Jeanneau 44i SO

Hi Odat and any others looking to crew. Have a 43 Beneteau charter leased for first two weeks in November in BVI and my sailing partners notified me they need to cancel. I would still like to keep the trip, but will need a couple crew members. Boat is paid for, you will need to handle your travel and share provision, mooring fee's etc. Experience will help, should know how to pick up a mooring line, tack and jibe, handle fenders and dock lines, but no certifications needed. This will be a relaxing two weeks with 5 to 6 hours of sailing each day, cocktails, snorkeling, swimming, most dinners on shore. Tell me something about yourself, sailing experience, and any thing else I should know. I will reply with same.