Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 07:35   #1

Astute|Healthy|Humble|Male. Will Go Anywhere

Hello,

I am a 25 year old mechanical engineer from Ohio, USA. I have been interested in the cruising life since 2011 when I was bit by the travel bug in Peru. The plan is to eventually buy my own boat and sail the globe but I don't know what boat I would want, fit in, or be able to afford and repair.

I want/need to learn a lot more and crewing seems like the perfect opportunity. I don't have much experience but I'm not completely green. I learned the principles of sailing on my fathers 14' Hobie Cat. I also built a catamaran when I lived in Mexico out of two kayaks, lumber, a tarp, and a straight palm tree as a mast. Yes it actually worked.

I know I can be a helpful asset to the boat no matter what I am doing. I will never complain as long as I'm learning. I do not get sea sick. I was a lifeguard for 7 years and know basic first aid and CPR. I am in love with the ocean and swim like a fish. However I can not sing or play guitar, My apologies.

I will be available anytime after June 24th 2015 and can only crew for 2 weeks. I will travel anywhere in North America and the Caribbean on my own expense. If you want to pay for my flight to another part of the globe that will be fine also. Of course I am willing to pay for all my boat expenses while aboard.

Glad to meet you guys.

Cheers,
Zack
Old 03-06-2015, 16:44   #2

Re: Astute|Healthy|Humble|Male. Will Go Anywhere

Zack,

I got a post running on the same page. competent amateur crew wanted Take a look.

Franke

Tags
health