Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 12:25   #1

Boat: Swan, 1968, 36'
Raymarine RN300 GPS / Chartplotter

My RS300 recently died. I have seen a few for sale recently but it was still working.

I'm looking to replace it because it is the GPS for a system using other downstream methods as often discussed on the forums. I'm looking at getting an iPad and it will be used with the seatalk system. This is called a chart plotter but is very minimal and by todays standards it would not qualify. It doesn't include any charts at all just spatial relationships between your boat and other things you have put in such as waypoints.

I think there may be some other similar Raymarine products that will fit in the same space and perform the same function. If so I would be glad to look at one of those as well.

I know these are older units. Hopefully somebody has one laying around they removed in an upgrade.

Thanks

Tags
chartplotter, raymarine