Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43   #1

pre-owned LiFePO4 housebank 260AH usable capacity

I am not a sailor or cruiser, but I am in a business of making Battery Management Systems for LiFePO4 batteries and have 2 EVs using these batteries for past 3 years. As such, I am often making changes and upgrades to my EVs. As part of recent battery upgrade in my EV I ended up with extra 8 cells made by Thundersky in late 2008. These are rated 160AH, but due to being subject to very high C rates at earlier point when I was testing limits of these batteries, these cells have lost a little of their capacity and now they will be much more suited in a house bank where C rates are low.

When I put these 8 cells in 2P4S configuration I ran full charge/discharge cycle and measured actual usable capacity of 260AH, so this bank can be used in any boat where at least 200AH of usable capacity is required with some spare room to go.

My company also makes HousePower BMS systems, which I can add to this deal for a complete package. BMS is optional, I am not pushing it.

I know many people will be apprehensive about pre-owned batteries, but I am making full disclosure and not trying to hide any facts. The fact is that LiFePO4 batteries are very resilient and even though they lost some capacity they are still perfectly good for housebank use and will likely serve for 5-7 years to come. And you are getting a good deal compared to new cells.

One catch: its only for local pickup in Tampa Bay area, since shipping batteries is such a hassle I don't want to deal with it. I suppose I am not ruling it out completely, but it will add shipping cost using a freight carrier.

So, 260AH of usable capacity is offered at $950, which is around $0.9 per AH per cell, compared to $1.3-$1.4 per AH market price of new cells.

If you want a BMS to go with the battery, it will add $275 ( $100 off from regular price only if bought together with the battery ).

Please PM me with any questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3623.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	40965

Tags
lifepo4