Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2007, 06:54   #241

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
Therapy
Entry level as the boat was built as a first boat and we are trying to keep the price low.
Also the new Mahe have an extra opening hatch in the saloon
We just received number 49 with the hatcj=h and white gelcoat and she looks beautiful
Old 21-11-2007, 14:01   #242

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
Smile

Therapy
I just got back from spending last night on my boat and I needed covers with just the hatches open. In fact I haven't needed to run the A/C for almost a month now.
You seem to make statements about the Mahe as if you have experience with the boat. When in fact you don't. The last 3 replys are from people who really do have quite a bite of experience with this particular "Real Cat".
Are there things I would change, Sure. But none of them justifys me paying a few hundred thousand dollars more for a SeaWinds or any other Cat at this point in time.
Just my opinion, based on experience, take it for what it is.
Old 21-11-2007, 14:25   #243

Boat: Mahe 36 Wayward Wind
stainless steel support for liferaft

Guys, I have just specified the factory fitted stainless steel support for liferaft, but on checking the photos of Mahes, noticed that none of the "models" show BOTH liferaft support & davits together. My question is, will there be enough room for a tender if both the stainless steel support & davits are installed?

John
Old 21-11-2007, 16:36   #244

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott730 View Post

You seem to make statements about the Mahe as if you have experience with the boat. When in fact you don't.
You are correct, I don't own one so I do not have experience (with a Mahe) because I don't own one.
I am shopping.
I have opinions on what I want in my boat. There are a lot of them out there and I have read thousands of posts here and know that people decide what they want in a boat. Then they buy it and for the most part will rigorously defend most if not all points brought out.
This just seems to be human nature.
I don't want to offend you.
I have been in FL for 30+ years.
I have been on a couple of boats too.
I listen to all and look at what I can.
I saw Jean1146s boat that he was kind enough to have at the show and spoke to him about the salon ventilation, among a couple of other things. His has none but will, in the near future I believe.
I will not state my negative impressions any more.

And yes, the point about pinching for a Seawind as opposed to sailing is well taken. Want to show me how things work for real?

PS - the Mahe is back on my list of possible boats.
PPS - Where else can you put the Generator?
Old 21-11-2007, 19:36   #245
DtM

John (Seadog),

I will email you a photo.

daniel
Old 22-11-2007, 02:33   #246

Boat: Mahe 36
Hi John,

I was in La Rochelle recently and please see the attached photo, which show both davits and life raft craddle fitted, on boats number 59 and 63.

The one on the far right has a zodiac 6 man life raft in it.

hope this helps

Kev & Jo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2mahes.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	14795  
Old 22-11-2007, 05:22   #247

Boat: Alura 30
Therapy the only other location for the gen would be the anchor locker,but you would have to really protect the gen from the element because you will get sea water in there when the weather gets rough.I thought about it.Sure the Mahe is not perfect,if I had to do it again I would change a few things,but is there out there a PERFECT CAT? for us the price was very important,and we like what we got.My next step would be a Lavezzi,it is a very nice boat,you need to look at it,very well made.Well I need to go,we are heading down to Captiva untill Sunday.JC.
Old 22-11-2007, 07:41   #248

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean1146 View Post
Therapy the only other location for the gen would be the anchor locker,but you would have to really protect the gen from the element because you will get sea water in there when the weather gets rough.I thought about it.Sure the Mahe is not perfect,if I had to do it again I would change a few things,but is there out there a PERFECT CAT? for us the price was very important,and we like what we got.My next step would be a Lavezzi,it is a very nice boat,you need to look at it,very well made.Well I need to go,we are heading down to Captiva untill Sunday.JC.
Thanks Jean.

It really is a nice boat.

Have fun!
Old 22-11-2007, 13:03   #249

Boat: Mahe 36 Wayward Wind
Thanks Daniel, kev&jo. Your photos do put the size of the Mahe 36 back into perspective. The stock photos made the boats look too narrow for a tender when both davits & ss cradle are fitted, but as I can see from your pics, there is plenty of room to swing the proverbial "baby" cat.
Old 23-11-2007, 13:23   #250

Boat: FP Mahe 36
irie cat made it!!

After a short trip from La Rochelle, irie cat is resting in Fort Lauderdale. She looks great. The delivery was painless and as described. Now a week or so of rigging and then we will sail her to death!! Thanks to Wilmar (Harold), JC and Scott for all the guidance.
Lonnie
Old 27-11-2007, 05:39   #251

Sail magazine. The MAHE has been featured as the best 2008 Catamaran under 40'.
Old 28-11-2007, 12:54   #252

Picture+078.jpg (image)

Picture too big for here.

Picture+078.jpg (image)

My question is:

Is the rudder deeper than the keel and unprotected?
Old 28-11-2007, 13:10   #253

I was looking at my boat on land the other day,and the rudders are about the same depth as the quille.If you run aground your rudders will also hit the bottom,this can be a problem,I wish they had made them a little shorter.JC.
Old 28-11-2007, 17:12   #254

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
in sailing trim I think that keel is deeper by 2 inches
Old 28-11-2007, 17:43   #255
DtM

I can't remember whether the keels are in whole or part sacrificial in the event of a serious grounding.

If they are sacrificial then maybe spares might be kept in each general location of a "fleet" of boats.
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36