Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2021, 04:10   #196

Re: Lucia Owners

Ran across this thread . I like the boat very much. Large cockpit especially.

Would be great to replace the wheel with something like Balance Versahelm (jeffa swing). Significant project though.
etoimene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:29   #197

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia

Good morning Fountaine Pajot Lucia owners. I am looking to purchase a Lucia owners version. If you are considering selling, I am ready to move forward on my adventure. I would prefer locating one in North America but will consider other options.

Thanks.

Robert
Maple Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 14:44   #198

Boat: FP LUCIA 40, Hull #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
Good morning Fountaine Pajot Lucia owners. I am looking to purchase a Lucia owners version. If you are considering selling, I am ready to move forward on my adventure. I would prefer locating one in North America but will consider other options.

Thanks.

Robert
Where are you located? Can you do East Coast USA?
Escape Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 14:57   #199

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia

I am in Canada but East Coast USA is very doable. Let me know.

Thanks,

Robert
Maple Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 19:33   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB53 View Post
Hi All

I am keen to get some discussion going on the new Lucia. There must be at least 30 boats in the water by now, I know #26 was launched before the August shutdown at FP.
We should all have a good few sea miles under the keel and have some info to swap and maybe our paths will cross somewhere on the water.
As always I am sure there will be some cross pollination from owners of other models and brands.

I am compiling a list of owners, I have 4 so far, all Australian but scattering around the world.

Cheers
Martin
hi martin! i am tom from newport rhode island and owner of hull #57 lucia 40.

i was reading the forums and was wondering if you could tell me your wiring path for solar panels on your lucia...there seems to be so many differing options.

i will have two panels on the aft bimini...do i are run
down through the post? back through my starboard berth ceiling then again back underneath to engine room...do i wire through the center ceiling panel of the cockpit?? just trying to be efficient and aesthetic!! it seems you have been down this route...thanks in advance martin and fair winds.....any pics you have would be wonderful...

my email is tom@keelvodka.com enjoy the med!
tommcgowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:56   #201

Boat: Fountaine Pajot - Lucia 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcgowan View Post
hi martin! i am tom from newport rhode island and owner of hull #57 lucia 40.

i was reading the forums and was wondering if you could tell me your wiring path for solar panels on your lucia...there seems to be so many differing options.

i will have two panels on the aft bimini...do i are run
down through the post? back through my starboard berth ceiling then again back underneath to engine room...do i wire through the center ceiling panel of the cockpit?? just trying to be efficient and aesthetic!! it seems you have been down this route...thanks in advance martin and fair winds.....any pics you have would be wonderful...

my email is tom@keelvodka.com enjoy the med!

There should be a hole through the boom track to pass your cables. Drill through at the centre of the decorative trim and bring your cables in that way. There is a preinstalled conduit that comes in to the saloon above the fridge. Run the cables into the engine compartment along the route of the steering cables.

Can send pics in a week or two.
twohapence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 03:42   #202

Boat: FP Lucia 40, Hull #22

Hi Tom
I put together a description and pics for another owner a year or two ago. I will dig them out, easier than redoing it. Give me a few hours!
MKB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:32   #203

Boat: FP Lucia 40, Hull #22

Email on it's way in an hour or so
MKB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 00:51   #204

Martin,
Sent a pm
Stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2022, 05:50   #205

Hi,

The portlights let into the front of my boat have started to let in water. Looks like the seals are perishing in the sun.

I have external curtains that would have protected them but the self adhesive SNAD fasteners used to hold them on are pretty much useless in a warm climate as the glue attaching the sticky pad to the fastener just lets go. Funnily enough they adhere just fine to the windows themselves.....

Anyway - does anyone know what these portlights are called and where to find replacement seals? I'm getting lost trawling through Lewmar's website?

Cheers

Two
Old 26-07-2022, 06:13   #206

Boat: Hanse 348

Am not a lucia owner, so not sure this really helps, but was helping a friend with a different boat having lewmar hatch issues. You are correct, it is impossible to find things on their website!

Having not found the hatch listed even though we found several models that were close, we contacted the manufacturer and found out that they are made specifically for that manufacturer, and would not be on the website. Wish lewmar would have listed this model and said contact manufacturer.

Hopefully a lucia owner has your info, but possibly consider contacting your dealer or FP? Best of luck.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 15:19   #207

Hi All,

I've been interested in the Lucia since it came out and I am hoping to get a little time on one. I'm happy to crew for anyone who is in New England or South Florida or pretty much anywhere and I'm hoping to find one to sail myself as a bareboat charter if you know anyone who has that availability.

I also own the highest rated children's summer camp in Maine and often do barter for tuition for any boat currently in charter.

Please let me know,
Thanks,
Gregg
Camp Director G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 14:36   #208

Hey Lucia owners.... I am looking at a couple of Lucia 40s here in the caribbean and have some questions about replacement parts if we do decide to buy one.

Does anyone know the OEM provider, part #, and (most importantly) the price of the portlight windows in the staterooms? One of the boats I'm considering has bad corrosion on all 3 of them. See pics attached.

In addition, the 3 flushmount overhead hatches in the heads are all leaking and the bottom frame is corroded. Same question, anyone know who supplied these? Part #? Price?

Any finally, anyone know the supplier for the door handles and locks for the guest cabins/heads? They are also corroded. Those are easy as I'm sure I can find something that will work, but thought perhaps someone had tracked them down already.

My wife and I really like the Lucia and it would be perfect for us, but I would want to refurbish some of the charter abuse before I'm happy with it. We are trying to put together a realistic offer on one and estimating the price on these items would really help. I'm capable of doing all the work, just need to know if the hatches/portlights are $300/$500/$1000 each or worse???

Thanks for any help you can offer! Hopefully we will join you as Lucia owners soon!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230531_125547.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	276169   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230531_130355.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	276170  

Name:	20230531_125657.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	276171  
delliott00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 01:21   #209

Hi

The hatches on my 2017 model are made by lewmar

See attached photos - you can make out the relevant numbers.

Cheers

Ian
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230603_111852.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	276193   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230603_111029.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	276194  

twohapence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 01:25   #210

The door handles for the heads are made by thirard. They're calledd monomax.

Mane sure the escape hatches have been replaced as these were subject to a critical recall.