Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 18:06   #46

Boat: Nidelv 28, 28ft
Send a message via Skype™ to HotRod
Re: S-63 Official Vector Charts now Available

Better trying solving this issue in private channels I think, before to much info spills about the tech behind it all.
We certainly do not want to loose Chartworld as an chart actor in OpenCPN due to some issues this early in the process.

I have responded to your PM, Hubert.
HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:05   #47
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
1731 is the worst beta ever has been published.
Yes. This is true. It was announced that way. Specifically stated that due to the number and scope of changes we would see a high number of retrogrades and other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
All users here in my country claims about it.
Maybe you could help with this. If you were to explain to them what a beta is for and help them decide when to use a beta and when not to. And, when a new beta is announced, you could set expectations for them, like this time, when it was clear to everyone that this beta would have many more problems than usual. Everyone in this forum knew it. It's puzzling why no one in your country seems to know it...

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:36   #48

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

On the large French forum HeO, those bold enough to try all praised speed of display and panning smoothness
Gilleratom had this warning
...de nombreux petits bugs sont présents. N'en soyez pas surpris. C'est le prix à payer pour améliorer OpenCPN à ce stade.."
"A number of small bugs are present. Do not be surprised. It is the price to pay to improve O at this stage"
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 10:00   #49

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Can any programmer help me integrate S63 plugin into other standalone plugins? Here is what I've done and what the problem is...

At command prompt cd to o-plugin directory

Code:
cd C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin
git clone https://github.com/bdbcat/s63_pi     and  "github.com/bdcat/s63_pi" downloads to "../o-plugin/s63_pi" directory.
mkdir s63_pi\build
copy opencpn.lib s63_pi\build
cd climatology_pi\build
cmake ..       --works fine
cmake --build .

get error
Code:
  s63_pi.dir\Debug\mp_math.obj
  s63_pi.dir\Debug\sha1.obj  /machine:X86 /debug
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 
'E:\opencpn_cmake2010\Debug\opencpn.lib' [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\s63_pi\build\s63_pi.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\s63_pi\build\s63
_pi.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\s63_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\s63_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\s63_pi\build\s63_pi.vcxproj" (defaulttarget) (3) ->
(Link target) ->   
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file  'E:\opencpn_cmake2010\Debug\opencpn.lib'  [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\s63_pi\build\s63_pi.vcxproj]
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:00.51
C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\s63_pi\build>

Find the CMakeCache.txt file has only one instance of
Code:
//Dependencies for the target
  s63_pi_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;E:/opencpn_cmake2010/$(Configuration)/opencpn.lib;debug;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28ud.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28u.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28ud_core.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28u_core.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28ud_net.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28u_net.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28ud_gl.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28u_gl.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxpngd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxpng.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxtiffd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxtiff.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxjpegd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxjpeg.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxzlibd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxzlib.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxregexud.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxregexu.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxexpatd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxexpat.lib;general;opengl32;general;glu32;general;winmm;general;comctl32;general;rpcrt4;general;wsock32;

Whereas Watchdog_pi has these dependencies
Code:
//Dependencies for the target
watchdog_pi_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28ud.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28u.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28ud_core.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28u_core.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28ud_net.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28u_net.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28ud_xml.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxbase28u_xml.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28ud_html.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28u_html.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28ud_adv.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxmsw28u_adv.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxpngd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxpng.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxtiffd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxtiff.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxjpegd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxjpeg.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxzlibd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxzlib.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxregexud.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxregexu.lib;debug;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxexpatd.lib;optimized;C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/wxexpat.lib;general;winmm;general;comctl32;general;rpcrt4;general;wsock32;general;glu32;general;opengl32;general;opencpn.lib;

When I change the s63_pi CMakeCache.txt file to match watchdog_pi and run cmake --build . the file is changed back somehow.

Trying to integrate into other plugins directory.. I would like to be able to run this batch file

Code:
s63.bat
=================
@echo off
mkdir s63_pi\build
copy opencpn.lib s63_pi\build
cd climatology_pi\build
cmake ..
cmake --build .
cmake --build . --config release
cpack
cd ..
cd ..
which works on all of Sean's plugins.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 10:43   #50

Boat: Phantom 19

Rick...
You must fix the path in https://github.com/bdbcat/s63_pi/blo...Lists.txt#L181 - the cache file you've been touching is generated during "cmake .." and thus your manual change gets overwritten every time.

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 11:04   #51

Line 211 to 229 -I think.
Code:
IF(WIN32)
#INSTALL(TARGETS ${PACKAGE_NAME} RUNTIME DESTINATION "c:/Program Files/OpenCPN/plugins")
#INSTALL(TARGETS ${PACKAGE_NAME} RUNTIME DESTINATION "E:/opencpn_cmake2010/plugins")
INSTALL(FILES "buildwin/OCPNsenc/OCPNsenc.exe"
       PERMISSIONS OWNER_EXECUTE OWNER_WRITE OWNER_READ WORLD_EXECUTE
       DESTINATION ".")

INSTALL(TARGETS ${PACKAGE_NAME} RUNTIME DESTINATION ".")
ENDIF(WIN32)

IF(APPLE)
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "/tmp")

INSTALL(FILES "buildosx/OCPNsenc/OCPNsenc"
       PERMISSIONS OWNER_EXECUTE OWNER_WRITE OWNER_READ WORLD_EXECUTE
       DESTINATION "s63_pi/s63_pi")

INSTALL(TARGETS ${PACKAGE_NAME} RUNTIME LIBRARY DESTINATION "s63_pi/s63_pi")
ENDIF(APPLE)
OR Line 179 to 188
Code:
IF(WIN32)
#  SET(OPENCPN_IMPORT_LIB "opencpn.lib")
  SET(OPENCPN_IMPORT_LIB "E:/opencpn_cmake2010/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/opencpn.lib")
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( ${PACKAGE_NAME} ${OPENCPN_IMPORT_LIB} )
#  ADD_DEPENDENCIES(${PACKAGE_NAME} ${PARENT})
ENDIF(WIN32)

IF(NOT APPLE)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( ${PACKAGE_NAME} ${wxWidgets_LIBRARIES} )
ENDIF(NOT APPLE)
Do I just make this line 181
Code:
SET(OPENCPN_IMPORT_LIB "E:/opencpn_cmake2010/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/opencpn.lib")

Into this?
Code:
SET(OPENCPN_IMPORT_LIB "opencpn.lib")
I don't get this I wasn't I changing s63_pi / CMakeLists.txt

Nope, I was changing CmakeCache.txt under the build directory.
I need to be making this change under the plugin root dir cmakelists.txt!
Old 26-06-2014, 11:26   #52

Boat: Phantom 19

Rick...
CMakeCache.txt in the build directory is generated according to the CMakeLists.txt instructions - that's why you have to modify the instructions and not the generated product.
Yes, you have to change the line 181 to which I linked and you have to do it in CMakeLists.txt (in s63_pi main folder) to which I linked.
And the path has to be the one to your opencpn.lib - if it is in the build directory, then I suppose that
Code:
SET(OPENCPN_IMPORT_LIB "opencpn.lib")
is correct.

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 11:32   #53

OK, now I see there is a comment # with this same line.... changing line 181 to that solves it. I can execute the s63.bat file and I end up with a CPACK install .exe!

Thanks Pavel!
Old 26-06-2014, 12:11   #54

Well today is full of surprises. At first I thought the s63_pi plugin did not have the "advanced" installation enabled, that was on the first installation to Opencpn 3.3.1824.

The second time I ran the installer it picked up that the plugin had already been installed and asked if I wanted a "parallel" install, I said yes and it walked me through popping up the original install path first.

How do we get these actions into the other plugins now? - Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 18-08-2014, 13:20   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
From our database it looks that "Sole" is on Linux. Is this correct?
The first one (but us), so we might see new things..
But as we said - from the design no Internet is required.
I have the same problem on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 3.3.1931, S6.3 plugin 0.5. I have send fingerprint files generated with and without network enabled to info@o-charts.org + the log file snippet.

Petri
Canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 00:15   #56
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Petri,

we got your files and will look into those during today.

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts