Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 06:04   #211

Boat: Privilege 37
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.2 Released

I seem to be missing the capability to move waypoints on existing routes. In previous versions I could left click on a waypoint and move it to a new location. Moving waypoints is often necessary when you realize that the route you just built passes over a shoal that you didn't see until you zoom in. I can use the "insert waypoint" function but I'm limited to inserting it along the route and can't use it to shift the route in any direction. Now I would need to rebuild the entire route to fix one mistake.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm using Win 8.1 with open GL selected on ocpn 4.2. All other functions and plugins are doing just fine.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:08   #212

Boat: Phantom 19

Greg...
Probably nobody because this issue likely does not exist. Make sure "Lock waypoints" is NOT checked on Display -> Advanced tab in the toolbox.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:11   #213
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcattales View Post
I seem to be missing the capability to move waypoints on existing routes. In previous versions I could left click on a waypoint and move it to a new location. Moving waypoints is often necessary when you realize that the route you just built passes over a shoal that you didn't see until you zoom in. I can use the "insert waypoint" function but I'm limited to inserting it along the route and can't use it to shift the route in any direction. Now I would need to rebuild the entire route to fix one mistake.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm using Win 8.1 with open GL selected on ocpn 4.2. All other functions and plugins are doing just fine.
Under Linux - Opencpn 4.2 I'm able just to grab the waypoint with the mouse and move it. Just made a route and tested this function.
petter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:27   #214

Boat: 10.50 mètres

W 8.1. O 4.2

I confirm that there is no problem. Easy to move waypoint with mouse.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:57   #215

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
J-P...
Buildwin is not having the binary blobs purposedly, not to inflate the git repository, you must populate it with the files from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...in.7z/download (There was an update to it about 2 months ago because of the new SVG support)

Pavel
The SVG support broke building using mingw which I use to detect many windows specific problems with my plugins. I will try to correct it.

Anyway... why can't the cmake script invoke wget to pull this and extract it automatically as part of the build process?
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:07   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
Anyway... why can't the cmake script invoke wget to pull this and extract it automatically as part of the build process?
Because there is no wget on Windows. But feel free to implement it if you think it's time well spent. I don't.

You can sure build with the SVG support disabled on MingW.

Pavel
Old 05-03-2016, 07:32   #217

Boat: Privilege 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Greg...
Probably nobody because this issue likely does not exist. Make sure "Lock waypoints" is NOT checked on Display -> Advanced tab in the toolbox.

Pavel
Thank you very much, Pavel. I had some issues overlaying 4.2 on 4.0 and ended up doing a new download. I missed that "lock waypoints" box when I configured all the settings. It works great now!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:34   #218

FWIW there is a Windows GNU Wget here https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/ and precompiled binary here https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/. Never tried either and have no idea if they work properly.

Regards,
Doug
dwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:02   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodall View Post
FWIW there is a Windows GNU Wget here https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/ and precompiled binary here https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/. Never tried either and have no idea if they work properly.

Regards,
Doug
They of course do, but they are not available without manually installing them = unusable for us to get rid of one manual step in the build process...
Old 05-03-2016, 10:44   #220

Boat: Valiant 42

Windows comes with built in toolset that provides same functionality as wget. Read about Windows PowerShell.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:47   #221

Dan...
Did you try to implement something in it? I did, will not repeat...

Pavel
Old 05-03-2016, 10:52   #222

Yes, I created a set of scripts to pull from git and the buildwin repository, run all the cmake steps to create OpenCPN (release and debug) as well as move all plugins to the right place for debugging. Not that painful. Will be happy to share if there is interest.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:25   #223

Pavel, thanks for fixing the need to run cmake twice [emoji3]
Old 05-03-2016, 15:51   #224

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Transmitter Dan:
Quote:
Yes, I created a set of scripts to pull from git and the buildwin repository, run all the cmake steps to create OpenCPN (release and debug) as well as move all plugins to the right place for debugging. Not that painful. Will be happy to share if there is interest.
Dan, I have some .bat files from you earlier, which do much of this, but they are using git, cmake and xcopy.
build.bat
clean.bat
config.bat
dbuild.bat
dbcopy.bat
git_opencpn.bat
all dated about 10/15/2015
(also 2 of these bats may be from Hakan)

And in git_opencpn.bat there is a powershell command that works great

Quote:
cd Opencpn
powershell -Command "(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencpnplugins/files/opencpn_packaging_data/OpenCPN_buildwin.7z/download', 'OpenCPN_buildwin.7z')"
7z x -y OpenCPN_buildwin.7z
I have modified some of these for plugins too, and now have a clean-build bat file that will clean out the build directory of all typical files and directories except opencpn.lib and build.bat and any special non-standard files that are left. I still have to delete the directory [plugin]_pi.dir (which can be easily added).

However using the powershell command in a plugin command, you could just delete the whole build directory everytime and just rebuild it, which might be better.

Yes, I would be interested. I am sure I am not using the bat files to potential, but cleaning up the 50 or so plugin gits the batch techniques came in handy.
Best
Rick
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 17:55   #225

Boat: Formerly Fuji 32 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcattales View Post
Thank you very much, Pavel. I had some issues overlaying 4.2 on 4.0 and ended up doing a new download. I missed that "lock waypoints" box when I configured all the settings. It works great now!
A word of caution. When waypoints are not locked there is the danger of accidentally moving a waypoint in a route and not noticing it. A better way is to keep waypoints locked. But if you right-click on a waypoint you want to move, select 'Properties' and while the Properties window is displayed you can then move the waypoint. Closing the Properties window lock it again.

Terry
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn