Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2010, 08:45   #871

Boat: Dufour 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Dave,

W 210-613a Anchor watch.

1° OK, I understood but not immediately.

2° When I Desable anchor watch, the mark is always present but if I right clic on the mark,
a) the item "Delete the mark" does not appear.
b) the item "Set anchor watch" does not appear
c) It is not possible to place the boat on the mark with "Move the boat here".

d) For delete the mark, it is necessary to créeate an another mark and then "Delete all marks".

Can you resolve this ?

3° I thing that it is necessary, in the toolbox, to get out the choïce of the sound of "Toolbox"/"AIS" if this sound is the same that the sound used for anchor watch.

Best regards

Golletarom.
I am not able to explain this, as I can't repeat it. What have you done, exactly? Do you get this behavior if you follow the steps in the tutorial on opencpn.org?
2c would happen if you have an active gps conected.

I also tested some strange things, for example, with the anchor watch set, moving the boat out of range( > 0.5 M) from the mark, but the anchor-watch was very well behaved. So, unless you somehow have involved routes, I cannot see an explanation.

Thomas
Old 14-06-2010, 09:38   #872
Marine Service Provider

Ptizef....

Thanks for the report.

Switching to single chart mode on chart type change:
Yes, that is a bug that crept in while adding polyconic..

Thanks
Dave
Old 14-06-2010, 09:54   #873

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I am not able to explain this, as I can't repeat it. What have you done, exactly? Do you get this behavior if you follow the steps in the tutorial on opencpn.org?
2c would happen if you have an active gps conected.

I also tested some strange things, for example, with the anchor watch set, moving the boat out of range( > 0.5 M) from the mark, but the anchor-watch was very well behaved. So, unless you somehow have involved routes, I cannot see an explanation.

Thomas
1° Read the post #852, #853, #854.
2° After these three posts, I have try another "Anchor watch"

I created an alarm. I move the boat with "Move The boat here". The alarm triggered itself. Then, I stopped the alarm. But the mark is stayed on the monitor. I want to suppress the mark. Impossible because with right click, the item"Delete the mark " is not appeared. I wanted to move the boat near to the mark, inside of the circle. It has nothing changed. I wanted to put the boat on the mark. Impossible (Perhaps, this is normal ?)

To suppress the first mark, I have created a second mark. Then I used the item "Deletes all marks". And then, it has suppressed the first mark and the second mark. But this manner to make is not acceptable.

Do you understand now ?

Gilletarom.
Old 14-06-2010, 11:05   #874

Boat: Fantasia 35
Dave,

I'm currently working on the anchor watch code. I've made good progress on it and will keep plugging away at it this evening.

Paul
Old 14-06-2010, 12:08   #875

Boat: Flush Poker, 8.25m (Point Barre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptizef View Post
2) A very good idea , the AIS targets list but I get some curious targets with incoherent values ( Sog = 555 ... ) see shots attached
Hi Jean-Pierre,

555 is the default value for COG, see src/ais.cpp:333
If this value is displayed in the list, that means it's not received by AIS. The AIS Target Query dialog display "Unavailable" if SOG > 102.2 I can do the same for AIS Target List. Dave?
COG is also displayed to its default value 666 and Range seems very big.
Where does this data comes from? The first looks like a test AIS target from NASA Marine LTD (is it your AIS hardware manufacturer?) The two others are probably mis-configured (you should not receive AIS signal that range).
Particulars of Ship stations
Particulars of Ship stations
Can you check how others software display these so we can make choice?

Thanks
Jean-Eudes
Old 14-06-2010, 13:39   #876

Boat: Endeavour TrawlerCat 36 - My Bluegill Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Ptizef....

Thanks for the report.

Switching to single chart mode on chart type change:
Yes, that is a bug that crept in while adding polyconic..

Thanks
Dave
I noted also that use of the change scale buttons instantly switches to single chart mode - but that may be the same bug since I'm mixing polyconic and mercator in the quilt?
Old 14-06-2010, 13:55   #877
Marine Service Provider

Cagney....

Re your post 855:

I cannot reproduce. When I try 2 two-point marks sharing a center point, and delete the center point, then the two leftover points are automatically deleted as orphans, since they are now part of "1-point" routes which get deleted automatically and entirely.

Anyone else? More Info?

Thanks
Dave
Old 14-06-2010, 14:02   #878

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
test 613b - AIS

Hi Jean-Eudes

Thanks for your answer and your attention
My tests are "in live" with real data from AIS and moored in a port. Sorry , I am unable to test other software , I have any on my machine .
Could it be a problem of my hardware (AIS , GPS or connection ) ?
I have a Garmin 152 connected to the PC through a NASA LTD AIS black box
see shot attached showing a sample of what receive the PC from the AIS
Also it would be very pleasant if the ETA column would be large enough to see all the value at the first look
regards
Jean Pierre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	613b-4.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	17038  
Old 14-06-2010, 14:45   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Cagney....

Re your post 855:

I cannot reproduce. When I try 2 two-point marks sharing a center point, and delete the center point, then the two leftover points are automatically deleted as orphans, since they are now part of "1-point" routes which get deleted automatically and entirely.

Anyone else? More Info?

Thanks
Dave
Dave

I think I know what is going on:
First I created three points as marks , and then connected them as routes, every time selecting the marks as wpt.
I think that you created one point as a mark and then with the route tool connected two routes to this point, creating the other two wpts with the route tool. In this case I get the same result as you.
Does this make sense?

Thomas
Old 14-06-2010, 16:56   #880

Question Leading Lines

Hi
Leading Lines on CM93 charts ????

I gather that most users of OpenCPN use some version of CM93 vector charts with the program.

These charts when viewed using Maxsea or other nav programs give the degrees in numbers on the Leading Lines. Whereas in OpencPN this information is missing.

Is there a way to enable / show this information on the charts (I assume it is already coded into the CM93 charts anyway or it would not be seen by Maxsea) and in my view would be an important piece of information to show.

Please advise if there is a simple work-round for this or will it require Dave to enable it in a future release.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my Anchor Watch enquiry I am now OK with this.

Safe Sailing ........... Doug
Old 14-06-2010, 17:01   #881
Marine Service Provider

Cagney....

Makes sense. I can now reproduce, and I see the bug source. Will fix it.

Thanks
Dave
Old 15-06-2010, 01:05   #882

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwm10 View Post
Hi
Leading Lines on CM93 charts ????

I gather that most users of OpenCPN use some version of CM93 vector charts with the program.

These charts when viewed using Maxsea or other nav programs give the degrees in numbers on the Leading Lines. Whereas in OpencPN this information is missing.

Is there a way to enable / show this information on the charts (I assume it is already coded into the CM93 charts anyway or it would not be seen by Maxsea) and in my view would be an important piece of information to show.

Please advise if there is a simple work-round for this or will it require Dave to enable it in a future release.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my Anchor Watch enquiry I am now OK with this.

Safe Sailing ........... Doug
This is already available. OpenCPN actually displays the direction of recommended tracks, a leading line is such a track. The direction displayed is the direction of the lateral buoyage system, red to port in IALA System A for example.
If you can't see this, set ToolBox -> Vector Charts->Display Category = Mariners Standard.
The display on the chart is not very prominent, but somewhere along the recommended track/leading line you should see something like "247 deg". This is taken from Canal de la Havannah on the SE tip of New Caledonia, one of my more memorable leading lines.

Thomas
Old 15-06-2010, 03:40   #883

Hi Guys

Re my query regarding the leading lines on CM93 charts. I have now looked a lot closer at the charts as per Cagney's comment and have found that a single value in degrees is placed near to, but not ON or even touching the individual lines.

But in Maxsea and other nav programs the degree value for the line is actually placed in the line and this is repeated along the full length of the line. So each line is clearly identified and unambiguous.

I dont know if this can be incorporated into OpenCPN but if it could then I would still suggest that this would be a worthwhile addition to the safety features of the program.

When navigating unknown areas then the location and easy identification of the leading lines shown on the charts is of paramount importance.

Regards ............ Doug
Old 15-06-2010, 10:09   #884

Dave,

I have had the same thing as Cagney : I shut off my GPS and I keep the green indicator of the right upper corner and my position. I have closed Opencpn and launch again without the GPS and I keep the green indicator but the boat is in the left upper corner.
If I click on "autofollow", which should center on the boat, the screen becomes all black with the boat always in the left upper corner.

Jean-Pierre
Old 15-06-2010, 10:20   #885

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Anchor Watch

Hi

I noticed this problem , following the opencpn.org user's manual procedure :
When the mark is just under the boat , the context menu don't propose "Set Anchor Watch" . I have to move the point to a certain distance from the boat to get this menu
shot AW-1 : The Anchor mark is just under the boat : No menu "Set Anchor Watch"
shot AW-2 : I have moved the mark to a certain distance but still no menu
shot AW-3 : I have moved the mark a little bit far away : now I have the menu and I can set the Anchor Watch

A request : Could it be possible to have a function key (Ctrl/a or Ctrl/w ? ) to create directly a special mark just under the boat as the "man over board" but with Anchor as icon and a default value for the distance ?

regards
Jean Pierre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AW-1.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	17060   Click image for larger version

Name:	AW-2.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	17061