Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2015, 11:33   #316

Boat: Najad 34
Re: OpenCPN SIMRAD/LOWRANCE Radar Overlay PlugIn

Dave..
Debian - yes, Fedora - nope.
Why not build?
git pull https://github.com/Hakansv/BR24radar_pi.git ver_1.3
that's version 1.3 as you've from Douwe.
Master branch is a bit buggy for the moment.
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 13:46   #317

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Got a B&G 4G on sale for next year. Also has zeus touch display and a radar RI10 box with ethernet coming out. I will have my 12vdc batts off the boat soon. What else is needed to test and startup O? Is there instruction on how to wire O plus the zeus touch?
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 13:49   #318

Could I display O on the Zeus Touch display using the video cable? It would be an outside waterproof monitor. And also be a multifunction. How to switch on and off video?
Old 30-10-2015, 00:37   #319

Rick..
The 4G signal connection to O is just a internet cable. I don't have the R110 box but using that will for sure be straight forward. If you have two units capable of using radar signals, O/Zeus, the 4G can feed both independently. There are two channels, A/B, and the new BR24Radar_pi can handle that. You can control and view say A on OCPN and B on Zeus.
Old 30-10-2015, 05:25   #320

Sounds pretty easy.. connect the ethernet, no splicing! I am going to try this in 3 weeks.Then I'll try to display O on the screen through the video. To bad the touch part wont work.
Old 10-11-2015, 22:46   #321

Win 8.1
OpenCpn 4.0
br24rADar 1.2
4g Radar

I have a relentless radar dialog box. After I click close it briefly shows the other dialog box with all the settings on it but then goes back to the main window.

I have it hooked directly to my laptop. It rotates and once or twice I saw a brief overlay. It is supplied with 12v from a power supply. I can hear it running stead and it says the radar is sending data.

I just tried another download and still not luck so far. Can't get focus on the settings window.
And managed to click show file extensions and rename the new file and things looking better.
PacificGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 23:45   #322

Had to click file name extension and now running 1.3

Okay things look much better now. I don't know how to get both the radar screens going or what it should look like. Does anyone have a screenshot of a 4g running both A and B and overlayed on a chart?

When I go to overlay it gives the red ring on a black background and I see nothing of the chart beneath it. Mind you I'm 1000 miles inland does that matter? I'm not sure I have much of a map there.

I can go to different colours in the radar display. Not sure what I can expect set up in the living room but it is a start.
Old 10-11-2015, 23:47   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Rick..
The 4G signal connection to O is just a internet cable. I don't have the R110 box but using that will for sure be straight forward. If you have two units capable of using radar signals, O/Zeus, the 4G can feed both independently. There are two channels, A/B, and the new BR24Radar_pi can handle that. You can control and view say A on OCPN and B on Zeus.
So I can feed my hds 7 gen 3 with the radar and OpenCPN at the same time correct got that. Is it possible to have two radar screens in OpenCpn going at the same time?

So I guess I need a compass of some type heading from everything I've read to get things overlaying properly.

I first wanted to try running it though the local wireless router. Plus my connection to my laptop is good but not ideal with alligator clips holding the red/yellow pair against the 5amp fuse that goes to the power supply. The negative likewise bitten by the alligator clamps.

Must be a better way to do small fuses. Will check the stores to see what I can find for circuit protection for this gear.

I have that r110 box or whatever it is but opted to not go through it. Otherwise later in the week I will try and split the signal from the wireless router to the hds 7 and the laptop.

I need to get it up and running to get the mssi number for the xb8000 ais and the mssi number for the dsc vhf. Plus I have to have all the apps lined up and working on DuOS under windows.

Not really into digging the point-1 out of the autopilot gear yet but perhaps tomorrow as the unboxing and configuring continues.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:00   #324

Boat: Ovni 385

Here a reaction on the PacificGreen posts.

From your writing it is not completely clear what you are doing or what exactly your problem is. But some remarks may help:

- In case you have no heading sensor and GPS connected you will not get a radar / chart overlay, as indicated in the dialogue box. Without heading and GPS you should click the "radar only" in the control box to get the radar image.

- For dual radar (4G only) you should tick the "enable dual radar" box in the preferences. After that both A and B radar will start when you click the radar button in the tool bar. But you will still see only one radar at the time, with the A / B button you switch between A and B.

Cheers, Douwe Fokkema
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 15:49   #325

10-10-2015 Sean posted about optimizations here and question about plugins sharing rendering code.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1934070

--headed towards broadband with raspberry_pi?
Old 16-11-2015, 06:23   #326

Boat: Islander 30 Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Dave..
Debian - yes, Fedora - nope.
Why not build?
git pull https://github.com/Hakansv/BR24radar_pi.git ver_1.3
that's version 1.3 as you've from Douwe.
Master branch is a bit buggy for the moment.
Håkan
Finally built up the PI for Fedora LINUX. Everything seems to work OK except that the Control Panel is scrunched up. Probably a Widget thing. (It's OK in Windows systems.) I'll have to wait for boat time to test it with the BR24.
cowelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2015, 08:27   #327

Is there a compile for v4.1.1108 available?
FS#1912 : radar_pi v1.3 error with OCPN 4.1.1108
Old 20-11-2015, 09:08   #328

Boat: Endeavour 42

[
Boris - Would you be happening to be running a JRC1000? I have an opportunity to get one pretty reasonably priced, and wonder if that system will interface with OPNCPN.

QUOTE=BMD21;1505807](Continued from my comments on the 'OTHER' thread.)

That's not that simple, since I have to remove (and eventually sell ) the JRC radar that's presently installed.

A few comments. I have a sequence where I turn on the radar first and then bring up OpenCPN. And I run the signal through an Ethernet hub, so that I can see that both interfaces are active. I used Wireshark to verify that data is coming through.
AnnOMalleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2015, 10:38   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Is there a compile for v4.1.1108 available?
FS#1912 : radar_pi v1.3 error with OCPN 4.1.1108
Rick..
Two possibilities:
> You can pull and build from here: https://github.com/Hakansv/BR24radar_pi/tree/ver1.3 That's ver 1.3 + Douwe's last adding.
> Please tell me and I can make a binary against 4.1.1108 and load it somewhere.

Håkan
Old 20-11-2015, 11:05   #330

Ann OMalleys, would you mind explaining your post in greater detail? It is unintelligible to me. Are you saying or asking if Opencpn works with JRC1000? My understanding is that that radar is NOT supported.

Tags
enc, opencpn, plug, radar, simrad