Version 3.3 Beta Build 2330 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
392. Correct menubar actions on Windows and Gtk, especially F11 fullscreen toggle
393. Correct Route
PlanSpeed initial value.
394. Correct Windows default font size algorithm
395. Toogle course/north up mode by clicking on the compass/GPS status window (FS#1223 and FS#1319).
396. Allow user to set individual waypoint arrival radius. (FS#1565)
397. Correct multi-line S57 National text string formatting (FS#1581)
398. Implement AIS
target MMSI->Name caching file scheme (FS#1246) Thank JohnBoiles
399. Improve Default font sizing algorithm.
400. Obfuscate OpenGL compressed raster chart file names for improved data security
401. Defer initial dialog on blacklisted PlugIn load attempt. (FS#1579)
402. Convert menubar text "Preferences" to "Options" for other than Mac OSX platforms
403. Introduce revised Options dialogs layout.
404. Correct International font specification loading and scrubbing (FS#1583)
405. Implement blur and undersample effect for excess overzoom on vector charts
406. Improve Responsive mode font selection logic.
407. Add FullScreen toggle to chart context menu in Touch mode.
408. Implement selectable persistent AIS
target track (FS#257)
400. New raster chart texture cache file naming scheme means that any existing raster cache files are invalid, and will be recreated at runtime. You may notice performance degradation until your cache is re-populated.
403. Options dialog update. This is a big one. Many thanks to Caesar for initiating this update, and following through with the fiddly details. Please consider the new labels and legends carefully. This is the best time to improve the clarity of the user interface, and we can all contribute to make it as intuitive as possible.
405. New screen
treatment for extreme overzoom scales. This does two things: a) for all charts
, blur the image slightly at overzoom greater than factor 10. b) For vector charts, enlarge artificially the line features of the chart cell to further indicate the imprecision of chart feature geograhical location at high overzoom. This emulates in some way the effect of high overzoom on a small scale raster chart.
I am expecting only one or two more Betas before the official Release of OCPN 4.0.
Now is the time to make sure any nagging issues you may have that have been overlooked somehow, are brought to the front and addressed. This especially applies to stuff that did not make it onto the Flyspray system, for whatever reason. There are a lot of things that zoom by in the Forum that I don't catch....
Thanks, and good luck