Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2019, 15:28   #46

Re: NMEA Instrument emulation (streaming)

https://jieter.github.io/orc-data/site/
RonSouthworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 17:27   #47

Great! There is even my boat! Now I can compare!
Canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 17:49   #48

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSouthworth View Post
that website has grown considerably! Good source.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 04:25   #49

Ron, your recent update was for a wholesale change to the program, not incremental at all. What are all those fpb's from all the various plugins doing in there?
Old 23-06-2019, 05:09   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Ron, your recent update was for a wholesale change to the program, not incremental at all. What are all those fpb's from all the various plugins doing in there?

The fpb’s ive collected them together using them for U/I ideas

I am being slack re updating the repo only way to get the update to pass the firewall at the hospital atm
Old 23-06-2019, 05:10   #51

Re the fpb’s being xml you can merge them.
Old 23-06-2019, 05:23   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSouthworth View Post
Re the fpb’s being xml you can merge them.

The web browser interface is odd as well so i have had to use the app to gain access to this forum
Old 23-06-2019, 10:39   #53

Thanks. Must be security, but you're a reliable hack who knows his way around I guess.
Old 23-06-2019, 13:03   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Ron, your recent update was for a wholesale change to the program, not incremental at all.
Ron, yes, can you please commit more often and regularly, like every evening or so: my git fetch +merge from the upstream goes all nuts and I have to restart from scratch. Thanks!
Canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 15:41   #55

Hi I will try to Canne

might be home soon maybe tomorrow according to the dr this morning but not on a full diet

so issues will go away soon ,

yes a bit of help from the local it guy very helpful people esp public health however the corp folk keep resetting the policy that lets me poke a hole through to git and here !

I have worked on the GPS emulation parameters info a bit overnight hard to sleep here with all the alarms and such .

the 4 prn data set is now all adjustable along with sats in view so some of the info on the gps page is now active. something I have wanted to include in a U/I for a while and it is easier with wx widgets tools

the remaining values I included for simulating some of the more unusual fail modes that happen and misconfig issues I have seen.

the defaults make for a working constellation it might make it easier to check code changes down the road. some basic incremental movement of the constellation might be desirable ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4SatParam.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	387.5 KB
ID:	194570  
Old 23-06-2019, 17:26   #56

Hi gents

Bless the forum web interface it keeps timing out on me

A new poc with some gps parameters added to the project a hole here in ssl fixed so can commit to git ok

I will advise if I change how things start

trying to focus on making adjustments work let me know if you need different message Id's if all is ok on that I will concentrate on getting the hooks across to the messages so more adjustments are available for you.

the static tab needs to be referenced to adjust any instrumented value adjustments at the moment.

for the 4 gps prn's these are now settable and the # of GPS

apart from being able to turn on and off messages I am happy with how it will come together

to adjust the mag var (offset) static value it is a global for the tool

label for that is HDG +&- to vary mag offset I have not created a HDG message yet but it can be done of course ...

so

IIXDR message

set drift label are exactly that

IIXDR
pitch heel same

dbt message set point is in feet but it sends all values e.g. Meters & Fathoms value is converted

baro is in bar is IIXDR message form
water and air temp is in IIXDR

hope this is all the messages you need if you need different messages for the "standard" let me know
Old 23-06-2019, 19:38   #57

Dear Ron,

You've been working too hard, when you should be sleeping and resting! We need you to recover and go sailing!

It built ok for Windows: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rgle...4395/artifacts

I had to remove the build directory again (I think we need a .gitignore file for this) and recopy my earlier appveyor.yml to get it to build because appveyor had errors. If I were to give you another PR, will you merge it rather than Close it? I'd rather not redo this every time!

I am sure the mojav interface looks really sexy on Mac, but I am going to be quite frank about the interface on Windows. I cannot see any of the important information on Windows. So I am asking for a switch or something that will turn the mojav colors into something we can read. I have not been able to figure out how to use this tool yet, partly because of the difficulty seeing the text. Sorry... I'd really like to understand this tool and get using it effectively and I have no doubt that we will get to that point!

I hope you will have an open mind about my comment above about the interface. I don't really understand why this mojav does not work on Windows, but it really does not seem to be very legible which is very important when things.

I also wonder why we have all those zeros on the interface, when the nmea stream is quite active. I am guessing those values are not set or something?

Ron, please get some sleep and recoop!!! You've made a big effort for this plugin, and I know it will come into form soon enough.

Best, Rick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (207).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	194578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (206).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	194579  

Old 24-06-2019, 03:25   #58

Hi Rick,

Getting as much sleep as I can in a very busy place

I don't handle not being productive very well when laid up so this is keeping me a lot more quiet than what I would be if I didn't have something to occupy my time

I will work on modifying the colours before the next commit. The original windows forms I used look horrible on macOS which is why I changed it. Happy to see what I can do to make a working compromise....

I am working out the easiest way to select deselect various messages now. another wx widgets thing to understand...

if I can work this out to a point so test cases can be set up to help I will be happy. being able to turn off a message type should in theory get something basically useable.

the ssl connection is sorted out here now so I have done a few commits today without having to do a complete flush.

The build dir should be empty but ...

atm

I am liable to make some error due to meds so apologies for that in advance one commit had a really bad number format for the sat info surprisingly o still accepted the format

if you want to put up a temp repo of what you want added for your windows build for me to grab from point away and I will include it.

ultimately I will amend the colours to globals used by the core app. the development team are sorting that fairly well reading the tea leaves.

I think (hopefully) you may have a sense of my intent and the spirit of my activity.. so no offence taken..

o's ?

rudder angle is 0 at midships as is the pitch and heel values in a perfect sea and no wind

some of the sat data is 0 for SNR

the repeat rate on messages isn't excessive timers are adjustable no adjustment yet but it is on my to do
Old 24-06-2019, 04:11   #59

let me know what this looks like
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Colour Adj 1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	194581  
Old 24-06-2019, 15:49   #60

Ron, that is much much better! I got seriously started trying to understand it too!
Used rudder to steer, speed seemed to increase to 99, don't know where to conttrol it.
Lots of the instruments show data, but the pos and wpt are still 000 lat long in the plugin.
I know that this is WIP.! But this is looking more accessible to me.

Built very nicely after making a PR and merging. For Windows

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rgle...0405/artifacts
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (212).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	194612  

Tags
Message Simulator, nmea