Yep, I've seen that thread. Could you please post the CONFIRMED real coordinates of those three waypoints if you have them? I would like to have them to find out whether the problem is in the handling of the waypoints or the map display without spending too much time...
It seems the problem is not with the waypoints, but handling the chart datum offsets (datum not WGS84 and DTM/x,y in the chart header with x and/or y non-zero) and looks like it was introduced between 2.6.1227 and 2.6.1310. I will try to find the cause, but this part of the code is something I'm not normally looking at, so it will be "interesting"...
Been away a few days and just downloaded the latest executive opencpn.exe which seems to work fine with the exception of the two known problems,very slow (10sec) start opening the Mark/WP box,thereafter normal, and total exit of OCPN when deleting a waypoint.
Another peculiarity is the display of the 'own ship' icon as a '?' question mark I have already set up my 'own ship' icon choice in the UserIcons file in the same directory as the .ini file. If I go to a VERY heavy zoom in,I can see MY icon,at the moment a car,but with a lot of disturbance around it and a yellow cloud??
Thanks for a great utility...
__________________ "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
Tore, not sure but the new versions and the old may share ini files . (I am running the 2.6 betas portably so they can't interfere this way)... if I'm right, it may be as in 2.6's ability to scale ownship and 2.5 wouldn't have a clue ,seeing it there. Delete the ini file and retry?
That yellow "cloud" is a new tracking feature you probably missed - Try unchecking the "Highlight tracks" checkbox on the Etc. tab in toolbox.
The ownship scaling is also a feature. I personally don't like it much, but other people, like Frode and P_Dub, would sure not agree with me - it was first introduced in the last beta and certainly needs some more polishing. From the announcement:
110. This is new. There are several new keys available for the config file.
Here is the new Ownship rendering logic:
1. Default (yacht) icon is used by default. Default length is 12 m.
2. If OwnshipLengthMeters=nn, the default (yacht) icon is scaled accordingly.
3. If OwnshipLengthMeters=nn and OwnshipBeamMeters=mm, then generic scaled ship icon is used.
4. If ownship.xpm icon is found and used, Rule 2 applies. It is assumed that the ownship icon closely fits
the bounding box of the graphic in the length dimension. OwnshipBeamMeters is ignored.
5. The mimimum scaled size of the ownship icon onscreen may be specified by OwnshipMinMM=kk.
In no case will ship icon be smaller than 1 mm on screen. The default is 10 mm.
6. If canvas scale is less than 300,000, then the ship icon is rendered as a red or grey target, according to IHO recommendation.
7. GPSantenna location offsets may be specified by OwnshipGPSOffsetY=yy and OwnshipGPSOffsetX=xx.
Y offset is from bow, measured in metres. Default is one half ownship length.
X offset is from ship centerline, positive values to starboard. Default is zero.
BTW, i agree that the large ownship icon is ugly. Artists solicited