Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2010, 15:30   #331

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
bvimatelot

You do not have to be online to get help. Just don't click any links. Scroll down the (big) page and all the content will be there.

If you are online and click the links you end up in the wiki on opencpn.org, which describes recent beta releases.

This bug will be corrected in the next stable release.

Thomas
Thanks, Thomas, but I'm not quite understanding what you mean by links or indeed where they are to be able to click (or not) on them!

I was using OpenCpn at sea, off line and tried to open up my previously loaded grib files by using the grib icon. Clicking the icon just did absolutely nothing (yet an hour or so before hand it had all worked).

So I clicked on the ? icon to see if I could help myself but found that the actual help page was blank and there wasnt a scroll bar on the page to be able to scroll down.

Thanks, Tony
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 16:08   #332

thks Extemporaneous

I got it working, don't ask how - I messed around with it for two days and that seems to work,
So, now onto the net problem, where ever that may arise...... Oh great !! I see my " " (the letter between z and c) isn't working.
dirtybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 06:06   #333

Boat: Dufour 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvimatelot View Post

So I clicked on the ? icon to see if I could help myself but found that the actual help page was blank and there wasnt a scroll bar on the page to be able to scroll down.

Thanks, Tony
The Help page is launched in your web browser when pressing ?->Help.
The links I'm talking about are normal web links.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 06:48   #334

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
The Help page is launched in your web browser when pressing ?->Help.
The links I'm talking about are normal web links.

Thomas
Doh!! Silly me!! Thanks, Tony
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 05:45   #335

How do i patch opencpn

On win32 with visual C++ 2008 express.
Thank you
tiersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 06:41   #336

Boat: Phantom 19
Suppose you have cloned the git repository, then
Code:
git apply some.patch
Very wise would be to read some docs on git before you try to fight with this stuff...

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 06:21   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire View Post
What am I missing?
Hard to say. What your post is missing is at least a version of OpenCPN you are using.
A lot of changes in this area happened in the latest beta and there are bugs we know of (and perhaps others we don't).
Quote:
I would attach the track file, but .gpx is not a supported format for attached files on this board. From my looking at the non working track file compared to the working one, I cannot see what makes one work and the other not.
Would be very helpful if you could post the file... Just rename the file and change the extension form .gpx to something the forum supports - .doc is very popular as the size limit is pretty high for it. Annoying limitation of this forum.

Pavel
Old 23-11-2010, 07:10   #338

Pavel,

In the process of making the file fit under 400k, I cut out some track points and then, the track was displayed fine on opencpn. The original file wasn't huge, just about 600k. I then, went back and cut only the first track point, and again, it worked: I did the same with another file that refused to show and it made it work too. I have attached the other original non working file as it is small enough.
Old 23-11-2010, 07:11   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiersp View Post
How do i patch opencpn On win32 with visual C++ 2008 express.
Thank you
In case you meant you want to submit some patch, I've tried to put together some instructions on how to do so. It sure deserves a lot more care, but I hope it could serve as a starting point. You can find it at Developer's guide to OpenCPN | Official OpenCPN Homepage
And don't worry extending the page...

Pavel
Old 23-11-2010, 07:12   #340

Forgot to mention I am using the last released version: R2.1.0
Old 26-11-2010, 15:58   #341

Boat: 2001 Beneteau 411
Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to configure PolarCOM and OpenCPN to run side-by-side and share data from each other? Thanks
Pete
prroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 00:07   #342

Boat: EX prawn trawler 14m
Nmea output

Hi all
My first post so excuse me if this has already been asked.
Can the out put sentence be changed to say APA or APB, or is the answer to use a multiplexer?????
I was hoping to keep my system simple with minimal components.
All I require is plotter receiving from 1 source (hockey puck) and out putting to AP, Radar,Sounder.
Seaclear just does'nt turn me on, but does output to these gadgets.
Where as Open looks to be on the money, it just seems to work.(So far no failings at all)
Now all I have to do is connect the output.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks in advance Garbo
redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 20:36   #343

GPS off

I've been searching all day and can't resolve it. Been using CPN for a couple years now. reformatted my computer and reloaded everything ..... now my boat is 1/3 mile east of where it used to be. Has me sitting on the shore in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Yesterday before the reformat.. it was fine. How do I get my location back. Any help would be great... really don't want to pull out of here till it's fixed.. Thanks
Blondha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 01:16   #344

Boat: 2001 Beneteau 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondha View Post
I've been searching all day and can't resolve it. Been using CPN for a couple years now. reformatted my computer and reloaded everything ..... now my boat is 1/3 mile east of where it used to be. Has me sitting on the shore in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Yesterday before the reformat.. it was fine. How do I get my location back. Any help would be great... really don't want to pull out of here till it's fixed.. Thanks
The electronic chart that we used when visiting Isla Mujeres had the same issue ie, we crossed land upon entering the harbor. I believe this is a function of which chart you're using and has nothing to do with OpenCPN. Of course, there might be a way to re-calibrate the chart, but I'm not familiar with that. Our choice was to use eye-ball navigation since the chart could not be relied upon.
Pete
prroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 07:53   #345

Hey Pete
My charts were dead on in Isla before I reformatted my computer. The same GPS puts me in the right spot on my laptop. Something happened in the reformatting and reinstalling the charts and CPN. Can't figure out what...
Blondha is offline   Reply With Quote