Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19-05-2011, 10:27   #796

Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooiedirk View Post
Filtering class B ...
Rooiedirk,

Few issues have provoked more discussion than this one (in many places), it seems...

In any case, perhaps it might be a good idea to reduce the size of Class B icon. Dividing all offsets by 2 looks quite reasonable to me.

Piotr
Attached Images

PjotrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 21:34   #797

I was looking for a way to print a defined route... The print button is not clickable as soon as the routemanager screen is open. My feature request, a print button to print the route information shown in the route manager screen.

Thanks, keep up the good work!
George64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 04:12   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by George64 View Post
I was looking for a way to print a defined route... The print button is not clickable as soon as the routemanager screen is open. My feature request, a print button to print the route information shown in the route manager screen.

Thanks, keep up the good work!
In Windows you can press All-PrintScreen to grab a screenshot of the window. Then paste it into your favorite picture editor for printing.

Other OSes have equivalent functionality.
RhythmDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 06:47   #799

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDoctor View Post
In Windows you can press All-PrintScreen to grab a screenshot of the window. Then paste it into your favorite picture editor for printing.
This method becomes very "complicated" if you have so many waypoints that you need to scroll down.

Personally I am of the opinion that an integrated Print function would be much more userfriendly (and also very helpful).

Gunther

PS: Another option would be to add the possibility to export the 'Route Properties' as a XML file (a link to a XSL file needs also to be included and the XSL files could be added to the OCPN package). Then one could simply open the file in his Browser and use the Print function - voilà!
Old 20-05-2011, 07:28   #800

Boat: Phantom 19

You can actually already do it - GPX is good old XML containing all the properties. So now just write the transformations or use something already done like GPXconverterVBA
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 07:32   #801

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
You can actually already do it - GPX is good old XML containing all the properties.
Yes, I know that GPX is a XML format.
And No, you cannot actually do it, because not all of the 'Route Properties' values are contained in an exported GPX file of a route.

Quote:
So now just write the transformations ...
I'll start as soon as you have implemented the needed export functionality ... .
Quote:
... or use something already done like GPXconverterVBA
Hmm ..., the website says: "This is just an initial version of what I plan to enhance to a more complete waypoint and route management package. Development of that program will likely begin until sometime in 2011."

And I think we already have enough unfinished construction sites. So let the things done rather simple & quickly than simply fall back to other's work (with all its drawbacks).

BTW: There is already the column "Next tide event" in the Route Properties but I cannot figure out how to use it?
I read Pjotr's posts here but still don't know. Do I have to apply an additional patch for getting it to work?

Gunther
Old 20-05-2011, 07:45   #802

I have no idea whether these features work or not - but if all the info is not there, it's clearly a bug which has to be filled to flyspray and fixed before 2.5 release. By the way, our internal storage is GPX...

Pavel
Old 20-05-2011, 07:52   #803

I don't know how about you, but for me that excel converts GPX to CSV very well. Whether the other management tool will ever be done, I don't care much...
Old 20-05-2011, 07:56   #804

Quote:
... but if all the info is not there, ...
In the 'Route Properties' table you'll find the following information:
  1. Leg
  2. To Waypoint
  3. Distance
  4. Bearing
  5. Lat
  6. Lon
  7. ETE
  8. Speed
  9. Next tide event
In an exported GPX Route file there are the following:
  1. Name (~ To Waypoint)
  2. Lat
  3. Lon
All the rest is GPX specific stuff that has nothing to do with the route properties.

Quote:
it's clearly a bug which has to be filled to flyspray and fixed before 2.5 release.
Are you going to add it?

Quote:
By the way, our internal storage is GPX...
Yes, that is one of the reasons why I proposed to use XML format instead of CSV for the logbook plug-in ...!

Quote:
I don't know how about you, but for me that excel converts GPX to CSV very well. Whether the other management tool will ever be done, I don't care much...
That's not the main point. The problem imho is that the 'Route Properties' values aren't available (for export). And as long as you don't get the values it doesn't matter what kind of application you are using.
Further more I thought of this as some kind "Work-around" until a print function is added.

Gunther
Old 20-05-2011, 08:04   #805

Gunther,
why do you think the calculated fields should be part of the exported GPX? The non-calculated info will probably be there if those features actually work... If they don't, please file a bugreport.

What should I add and where?

What does it have to do with the logbook I don't understand...
Old 20-05-2011, 08:19   #806

Pavel ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
why do you think the calculated fields should be part of the exported GPX?
Because that is how I understood George64's feature request (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post690163). Or at least is this the way I would find it useful.
It is simply to have an option to print a defined route (with all the values shown in the 'Route Properties' window.

Quote:
The non-calculated info will probably be there if those features actually work... If they don't, please file a bugreport.
Yes, the non-calculated values (WP names and coordinates) are there (in an exported route GPX file). But these are not the wanted ones.

Quote:
What should I add and where?
What we will need is an 'Export' button (and the underlying functionality) in the 'Route Properties' window which will allow to export the actual route (with all the information) as a XML file.

Quote:
What does it have to do with the logbook I don't understand...
That was meant as an answer to your writing "By the way, our internal storage is GPX..." as an argument for using XML (as GPX is already a XML format) instead of CSV. IMHO a XML file is a much more suitable for further processing than a CSV file.
I just saw SethDarth's new post (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post690394) "I'll upload Logbook v0.2 tonight with XML/CSV selection". So we have the best from both worlds ...!

Gunther
Old 20-05-2011, 08:29   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsurfer View Post
What we will need is an 'Export' button (and the underlying functionality) in the 'Route Properties' window which will allow to export the actual route (with all the information) as a XML file.
File it to flyspray, I'm going to sail for a week in a couple of hours, but it's very easy, so can be added as soon as I get back.
Old 20-05-2011, 08:38   #808

Quote:
File it to flyspray, ... but it's very easy, so can be added as soon as I get back.
OK, I'll do so. Happy to hear it's easy ...

Quote:
I'm going to sail for a week in a couple of hours
Have a nice trip!
Fair winds and sunny weather!
Old 20-05-2011, 08:59   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsurfer View Post
There is already the column "Next tide event" in the Route Properties but I cannot figure out how to use it?
Netsurfer,

506 includes this already. To get the tide events listed one needs to specify 2 things:

1. starting time for the route
2. tide station(s) to use

For (1) there is an input field in the RouteProp dialog. The single character ">" means "now".

For (2) one either keeps a relevant TideDialog open on screen, then all the waypoints are listed against this tide station, or one enters the string "@~~TideStationName" as part of waypoint name.

It is described together with the patch submitted in flyspray. The only difference is ">" instead of the word "now".

Good luck!

Piotr
PjotrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 09:37   #810

Piotr ...

thanks for your help. But either I'm doing something wrong or it is not working as expected.

A have a small route from Calais to Dover.
Neither the input/ settings for 'Departure Time' nor the selected option for 'Time shown as' are being stored. When re-opening the route properties the 'Departure Time' field is empty and for 'Time shown as' always 'Local @ PC' is selected (which seems to be the default).

I am also unable to get any Tidal station connected to a route or a single waypoint. I tried both ways. With the tidal station opened during route creation and adding the name to the waypoint - no success.

What am I doing wrong?

I also tried the two methods of route creation:
- Create Route (Toolbar)
- Route from Track (Route Manager)

Both with the same result.

BTW: Changing the selected value for 'Time shown as' immediately empties the 'Departure Time' field.

Gunther
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	next tide event 01.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	27587   Click image for larger version

Name:	next tide event 02.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	27588