Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2018, 06:27   #31

Re: Checking NMEA out

Dsanduril: yes I am and it is on that page where it is mentioned "Audio piping will allow the audio from SDRSharp to be passed to a decoding program. You can use either windows stereo mix, VB-cable (free) or virtual audio cable (paid with trial version)." Thus the qauestion that has to be answered!

Petter5: Thanks will look through that!

Martin
katoema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 07:05   #32

Can this be like banging a head against a wall! I have now downloaded and installed the RTL-SDR on WinXP. The drivers are installed as per Zadig. Now to launch the SDRSharp.exe I get a message "...it is not a valid Win32 application"!!!

Is there a way forward from here?

Martin
Old 24-10-2018, 07:25   #33

I have installed RTL-SDR on the Win XP and Zadig installed the drivers. However, when going to launch RTL-SDR a message says SDRSharp.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Anyway of going forward from here?

Martin
Old 24-10-2018, 11:47   #34

Boat: Gib'Sea 402

TBH Martin, I think you're struggling as SDR is really geek territory. If you don't fancy Daisy then look at one of the Quark devices here. Based in Stevenage their stuff generally works without problems and seriously does not cost an arm and a leg. I have one of their AIS receivers as a back-up and it works just fine
hoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 12:07   #35

I will look at Quark. At 70 I'm certainly not a geek, but over the past couple of days it gets deeper and deeper in to territory that is not maritime orientated!

I've taken a screenprint, but don't have the facility to put it on here, of the SDRSharp set up with a very strong signal, but no sound is coming through! I have now installed a VB Cable and have the stereo mix. Now there is a requirement for a "discriminator output" or a "9600bps packet radio output". Gee I'm sure it is easier to have AIS on OpenCPNthan to undertake all of this.

Martin
Old 25-10-2018, 07:40   #36

Are you aware of openplotter? There all is done for you already, all you need is a rasberry - that's what I use for delivery setups
skipperearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 07:41   #37

I have a signal on the Win10 with the SDRSharp which resembles pictures from instructions I have been reading! I have the AIS Plug In for OpenCPN, but have no idea how to identify the Port (Com Number) and also what Baud Rate to use. Can this be identified? Can the browser of SDRSharp be closed down when the settings have been selected? I note when I open OpenCPN SDRSharp stops!

For the WinXP, to be used on my own boat, when I collect it next week, I am now seriously looking at the dAISy and Quark. Before buying, I want to know what else I require for each to work with OpenCPN - cables, connectors, splitter, etc. Which model?

As a surprise, my wife said that because she always monitors me when I am delivering, she would prefer that I had a transponder on my boat! We are looking at a number of makes/models and said that this would be for my 21st birthday. I'm 70!

Martin
Old 25-10-2018, 07:46   #38

skipperearly, just seen your post! Openplotter, yes, but I regularly use qtvlm and OpenCPN with many plugins, so don't require a plotter as I use licensed UKHO charts with them.

Martin
Old 25-10-2018, 08:16   #39
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Openplotter uses as one core component OpenCPN. And the oeSENC, S-63 and Fugawi plug-ins come packaged as well.

What you will not find is qtvlm. A discussion at the open marine/openplotter forum:
Integrate qtVlm on OpenPlotter
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nmea