Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2016, 06:36   #1

ST60 Wind not communicating with other devices

Hi,

My ST60 Wind stopped communicating with other devices via Seatalk. I have also a ST60 Tridata and a ST60+ autopilot control with a S2 autopilot. Because of this, the ST60 is not able of calculating the true wind speed and direction anymore and the autopilot cannot be adjusted to keep a course according a wind direction. The first symptom was that it could not set the light intensity for the other displays nor be its own light intensity set by the other devices.
First I checked the Seatalk cables, after I exchanged the cables and conector of the three instruments in all configurations possible.

If the ST60 Wind receives 12V directly from battery, it powers the other instruments by Seatalk. If another instrument receives energy, it powers the ST60 Wind. So, the problem looks like to be related to communication.

I reset the ST60 Wind to factory defaults but it does not helped.

I disassembled the instrument to look for any signal of water leak or corrosion but everything looked to be OK.

Is there anything else I can do to try to restabilish the comunication?

Best Regards

Mauricio
MauHof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind