Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 07:08   #1

Boat: LeComte NorthEast 38
Raymarine ST60+ Suncover; and ST60+ Wind

hello folks!

i'd like to upgrade some of my instruments; just got a used ST60+ depth instrument but it came without a suncover. anyone have one flying around? (ST60+ has rounded edges, compared to the non-plus version with sharp edges; i need one with rounded edges).

also: my (old) ST60 (non-plus version) wind instrument + head have been quite erratic; never calibrating properly for direction or wind speed. i have replaced the feather and cups on the masthead unit several times but issues still persist. i would like to buy a (new style) ST60+ instrument plus masthead unit at a decent price (i know there's one on ebay now for close to $700 from this guy trck-n-trim, who snatches deals with a last second automatic buying program and flips them right away for several times the price paid - being a person [and not a machine], i can't compete with a professional ebayer like that).

not sure if i need the cable + mount or if my old style mount would accommodate the new style masthead unit.

thank you very much!
anton
Old 03-10-2015, 07:38   #2

Boat: Creekmore 34
Re: Raymarine ST60+ Suncover; and ST60+ Wind

Hi,
I have a ST 60 wind instrument available. I do not know details.
See photo.
I do not have the masthead mount/cable, just what is in photo
Let me know if You have interest.
DaveClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1443883084.388498.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	110403

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 03-10-2015, 07:45   #3

Boat: islandpacket

How much?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 03-10-2015, 11:56   #4

Boat: 1979 Bristol 35.5 CB

ST60 suncover will work on newer ST60+ instruments
Old 04-10-2015, 13:33   #5

Boat: Gulf 32

I have had good luck getting st50 and st60 stuff from the UK google around over there...
Old 04-10-2015, 15:34   #6

There are 60+ sun covers for sale on ebay.com.au
Old 04-10-2015, 17:09   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoha View Post
hello folks!

i'd like to upgrade some of my instruments; just got a used ST60+ depth instrument but it came without a suncover. anyone have one flying around? (ST60+ has rounded edges, compared to the non-plus version with sharp edges; i need one with rounded edges).

also: my (old) ST60 (non-plus version) wind instrument + head have been quite erratic; never calibrating properly for direction or wind speed. i have replaced the feather and cups on the masthead unit several times but issues still persist. i would like to buy a (new style) ST60+ instrument plus masthead unit at a decent price (i know there's one on ebay now for close to $700 from this guy trck-n-trim, who snatches deals with a last second automatic buying program and flips them right away for several times the price paid - being a person [and not a machine], i can't compete with a professional ebayer like that).

not sure if i need the cable + mount or if my old style mount would accommodate the new style masthead unit.

thank you very much!
anton
The ST60+ might be obsolete I believe. It might still be serviced but you would have to check. Confusing, I am now finding a lot of links as though it may be available.

The mast head device is still available & they can be re-built if you get a return/service code from Raymarine. The replacement step-up next model uses the same mast head device and cable. Look for the Tri data display.

Every time we take a lightening strike the Ray Marine instruments are toast. We pretty much learned to sail without. I use the GPS & the Windex. The Simrad has its own depth.

Here is the link to a store named the factory outlet store. Search Results For: st60

https://www.raymarinestore.com/ The Ray Marine store

Stuccu: Best Deals on Raymarine Depth Buy Exclusive Deals 70 OFF Save Big Lowest Price On Raymarine Depth Best In Stock Fast Free Shipping. Up To 70% off!}

I think the step-up model is the I-50 Raymarine i50/i60 Wind/Speed/Depth System Package E70153
Old 04-10-2015, 18:46   #8

Boat: LeComte NorthEast 38
Raymarine ST60+ Suncover; and ST60+ Wind

Thank you for all the help and advice! Yes, st60+ are legacy products, so I'm happy to buy new old stock or used in good condition. The rest of the planned upgrade electronics on our boat is also no longer made, but that doesn't upset me as long as the stuff works (s3g + 6002 with a B&G blue hydraulic ram, both new old stock from eBay, replacing an st4000 autohelm; used st60+ depth to replace the Datamarine head following MaineSail's article on repurposing an old transducer; new old stock st60+ to replace the non working Kenyon speedo; and now looking for an st60+ wind to replace the intermittent st60 (nonplus) wind, to match the rest).
Was hoping that now that the season is coming to a close, people are upgrading to the latest and greatest, and I could get an older model at a reasonable price.

Tags
marine, raymarine, wind