Here is a portion of a earlier email
to Raymarine which describes what we have tried after reading the manual. Perhaps it will help you.
Why doesn't the wind vane reset to factory and linearize properly?
Occasionally when wind speed is showing properly on the screen
(when or why this happens is undetermined at this point), we have been able to get into Dealer Cal
mode and then we try to reset to factory default F1, momentary close, then do 2 large turns at greater than 4 knots, go straight, listen for beep and unit to reset (never seems to happen), then go straight and use tack and reset keys to adjust vector on the wind dial to be straight ahead.
We have been unable to successfully factory reset (as far as we know) and linearize (as far as we know) our Raymarine Wind Instrument. Are we doing something wrong?
We follow instructions:
1. Hold down Disp + True/App at the same time, about 15-20 seconds until "dLr" comes up and let go (hold through "CAL" and "7.0" (software version number). Screen
should say "dLr" for dealer calibration mode.
2. Within 4 seconds, Hit and release VMG + Tack keys at the same time. This gets you into Dealer Cal
, the screen will say UC!, (It says "UC0"
3. Now hit the DISP key4-5 times through various menu selections for sensitivity, etc, until the screen says F0, (Sometimes I have actually reset the sensitivity settings back to the factory default as I page through the menu, to see if it makes a difference.)
4. Hit either VMG or Tack and change the dispaly to F1, (which is Factory Reset
5. Then press DISP once, the unit will blink off then back on again. (yes it does generally do this
6. Next take the boat out and do 2 large circles at at least 4 knots of speed to linearize the dispaly, it should beep at you. (It does not seem to beep. In fact occasionally the wind direction arm in the display will track properly as we turn, only about 45 degrees, then suddenly it will freeze up and point directly up with dashes in the display as if we are to now head straight upwind. NOTE: this is similar behavior to when we first installed the unit, ...perhaps this wind instrument has always been on the verge of failure!...).
7. Once you have done the 2 circles, head
into the wind. (When it does complete It always seems to take much less than 2 circles before the dial freezes straight up and dashes appear! What is wrong here? The unit has not completed the linearization of the whole circle, even once! This is the same problem we had when we first installed the unit, see our emails...
8. Then hold down DISP and the True/APP key for 2 seconds until it says CAL onscreen.
9. Now with the boat heading dead into the wind, press eithr VMG or TACK repeatedly until the pointer is zeroed out at 12 o'clock, (We have occasionally been able to set the wind angle to align with boat direction, but the afterwards we don't seem to have a working wind vane that shows both wind speed and angle. Occassionally it will partly work. For example after spending about 2.5 hours one afternoon with no success, [but being able to get wind speed indication only after we turned off instrument power and then turned it on again] we then turned the instruments off for the night. The next morning we turned them on, windspeed showed momentarily then 3 dashes. I poked the Disp button or possibly the Disp +True/App keys,and the unit started working showing wind direction and speed! This was short lived because as we turned about 45 degrees, the needle suddenly went straight up and froze and the wind speed disappeared into 3 dashes.
10. Then press and hold DISP and TRUE/APP for 2 seconds to exit and save.
Is our Rotavecta Forward Sensor A22012 #5530399 not working? Can it be repaired? At what cost? How long to repair?
There are several possibilities:
1. Bad Rotavecta
ST60 Wind w Frwrd Sensor A22012 #167986
2. Bad wiring
at the top of the mast
(checked this spring when mast
was stepped and rotavecta put on). Wind speed and direction seemed to be working correctly this spring, so I think wiring
is unlikely, but it could be a problem.
3.Bad Instrumentt. It seems to work, but it does not seem to be getting the data it needs.