Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-01-2016, 09:54   #241
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Thumbs up Re: OpenPlotter project - Update OK

After investigation, it appears that my problem in zooming/panning was somehow linked to the fact that in OpenCPN the option 'Display/General/Chart display : enable chart quilting' was not selected (I'm using CM93). Once this option is activated, I couldn't reach the problem again. I'm now pretty sure (99.99%) the problem was NOT related to the recent update of openCPN (same behaviour between updated and not updated SDs).
Sorry for the alarm...
__________________

__________________
Didier B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 10:24   #242
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia.
Posts: 277
Re: OpenPlotter project - Update OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didier B View Post
After investigation, it appears that my problem in zooming/panning was somehow linked to the fact that in OpenCPN the option 'Display/General/Chart display : enable chart quilting' was not selected (I'm using CM93). Once this option is activated, I couldn't reach the problem again. I'm now pretty sure (99.99%) the problem was NOT related to the recent update of openCPN (same behaviour between updated and not updated SDs).
Sorry for the alarm...
I haven't been able to reproduce your issue with "enable chart quilting" option and CM93 too. Do you have any extra chart loaded?

Open opencpn typing opencpn in a terminal to see error messages.

Yes, the 0.6.0 beta3 file is always the same.

Your Raspberry is model 2, isn't it?

Thanks for reporting!
__________________

__________________
OpenPlotter Project
Site:www.sailoog.com/en/openplotter
Support: www.openmarine.net
Sailoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 11:08   #243
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Re: OpenPlotter project

Hi sailoog, thanks for your reply !

- The issue appeared when the option box was not checked. (i.e. no quilting). In fact I started from a position with a large scale available (e.g. an harbour) at the limit of OverZoom, and then zoomed out, and/or panned, the map did not draw (or maybe very slowly) in areas where the available scale is smaller (see capture, if I can join it !). The crash happened when zooming and panning repeatedly (I'm using CM93 - 2015).

- Typing openCPN in a terminal gives me the following message :
Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":1.0".

- My raspberry is a Pi2, I gave 128 M of ram to the GPU, no overclocking. I use it through SSH and tightvncserver as remote access from my window workstation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pb001.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	117124  
__________________
Didier B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 06:09   #244
Registered User
 
Tacmed's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brisbane Australia
Boat: Boden 44ft sloop
Posts: 46
Re: OpenPlotter project

I was looking at openplotter because i saw some great looking instroments. I searched openplotter and youtube using google.
My spanish is limited so i couldnt follow the you tube postings.
My question is, where did the spanish youtube guys get the really cool looking displays?
They are far better than the opencpn ones.

I havnt loaded openplltter as yet, as i am having issues downloading.
Thanks in advance
__________________
Tacmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 06:34   #245
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Turkey, Greece
Boat: Moody 44
Posts: 103
Re: OpenPlotter project

As far as a I know
The "cool looking" instruments come from a separate open source project called SignalK. The guys at OpenPlotter have built a bridge to SignalK but we are waiting for SignalK to deliver a useable set of dials.
Also waiting on a separate initiative from a guy in Uruguay.
In other words the dials are WIP
__________________
affinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 06:53   #246
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia.
Posts: 277
Re: OpenPlotter project

As affinite says, both of them are WIP.

On next release (openplotter v0.6.0 stable) the signalK instruments will be installed. I think they have made improvements.

And when the Uruguay friends are done with their development I will implement it to openplotter v0.7.0

__________________
OpenPlotter Project
Site:www.sailoog.com/en/openplotter
Support: www.openmarine.net
Sailoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 07:45   #247
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Turkey, Greece
Boat: Moody 44
Posts: 103
Re: OpenPlotter project

Frustrated ...
Does OP detect a DS18B20 on startup or does it have to be configured somehow?
I have one of these 5pcs DS18B20 Waterproof Sensor Digital thermometer Thermal Probe UK | eBay
connected
gnd GPIO pin 6
data GPIO pin 7
Power GPIO pin 17
4.7k across data and power
I cant see that the 1BW page on OP shows anything (greyed out)
__________________
affinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 08:55   #248
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia.
Posts: 277
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinite View Post
Frustrated ...
Does OP detect a DS18B20 on startup or does it have to be configured somehow?
I have one of these 5pcs DS18B20 Waterproof Sensor Digital thermometer Thermal Probe UK | eBay
connected
gnd GPIO pin 6
data GPIO pin 7
Power GPIO pin 17
4.7k across data and power
I cant see that the 1BW page on OP shows anything (greyed out)
Connections are right. If you are using v0.6.0beta3 be sure to run:

Code:
cd
cd .config
rm -rf openplotter/
git clone https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter.git
There was a solved bug in the original v0.6.0beta3 you download.

edit: Run the code being connected to internet.
__________________
OpenPlotter Project
Site:www.sailoog.com/en/openplotter
Support: www.openmarine.net
Sailoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 12:14   #249
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Turkey, Greece
Boat: Moody 44
Posts: 103
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailoog View Post
Connections are right. If you are using v0.6.0beta3 be sure to run:

Code:
cd
cd .config
rm -rf openplotter/
git clone https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter.git
There was a solved bug in the original v0.6.0beta3 you download.

edit: Run the code being connected to internet.
Thanks for reply

Yep done al above - no joy
replaced sensor - no joy
tried different GPIO pin - no joy
I'll try a complete reinstall to see if ive corrupted something.
__________________
affinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 12:21   #250
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia.
Posts: 277
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinite View Post
Thanks for reply

Yep done al above - no joy
replaced sensor - no joy
tried different GPIO pin - no joy
I'll try a complete reinstall to see if ive corrupted something.
Wait! type:

Code:
python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
and paste what happens

Only will work with GPIO 4 (pin 7)
__________________
OpenPlotter Project
Site:www.sailoog.com/en/openplotter
Support: www.openmarine.net
Sailoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 12:56   #251
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Turkey, Greece
Boat: Moody 44
Posts: 103
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailoog View Post
Wait! type:

Code:
python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
and paste what happens

Only will work with GPIO 4 (pin 7)
Thanks for sticking with me.
This is what I got

pi@openplotter ~ $ python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
none
0
none
none
none
pi@openplotter ~ $
__________________
affinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 13:20   #252
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia.
Posts: 277
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinite View Post
Thanks for sticking with me.
This is what I got

pi@openplotter ~ $ python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
none
0
none
none
none
pi@openplotter ~ $
Nothing is detected, I assume you do not have any sensor (imu, humidity...)

last chance:

edit /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py and replace line 48:

Code:
except: pass
by :

Code:
except Exception,e: print str(e)
save and type again

Code:
python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
and paste what happens
__________________
OpenPlotter Project
Site:www.sailoog.com/en/openplotter
Support: www.openmarine.net
Sailoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 13:43   #253
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Turkey, Greece
Boat: Moody 44
Posts: 103
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailoog View Post
Nothing is detected, I assume you do not have any sensor (imu, humidity...)

last chance:

edit /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py and replace line 48:

Code:
except: pass
by :

Code:
except Exception,e: print str(e)
save and type again

Code:
python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
and paste what happens
Done

this is the result ?

pi@openplotter ~ $ python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/bus/w1/devices'
none
0
none
none
none
pi@openplotter ~ $
__________________
affinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 14:00   #254
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia.
Posts: 277
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinite View Post
Done

this is the result ?

pi@openplotter ~ $ python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/imu/check_sensors.py
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/bus/w1/devices'
none
0
none
none
none
pi@openplotter ~ $
Definitely the sensors is not detected, probably by a hardware failure?. Do what you wanted with a fresh installation, I have not more ideas
__________________
OpenPlotter Project
Site:www.sailoog.com/en/openplotter
Support: www.openmarine.net
Sailoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 14:03   #255
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Turkey, Greece
Boat: Moody 44
Posts: 103
Re: OpenPlotter project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailoog View Post
Definitely the sensors is not detected, probably by a hardware failure?. Do what you wanted with a fresh installation, I have not more ideas
OK
Thankyou very much for your help.
I'll try a fresh instal and also see if I can get another PI setup
When/If I find the problem I will report back for others
__________________

__________________
affinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want To Buy: Project Boat: Engineless 35'ish blue water cruiser project Max Sail Classifieds Archive 52 24-03-2013 13:27
Greetings + my project Marco Meets & Greets 8 27-02-2009 17:28
Major Project: What is the best way to organize our discussions? Andy R Forum Tech Support & Site Help 6 04-04-2006 15:21
Our ongoing project - Offshore 41 By Invitation Construction, Maintenance & Refit 7 04-12-2005 07:42
Portal sailing website project CaptainTom Meets & Greets 2 20-03-2003 07:50


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:41.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.