Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2019, 02:50   #1
B4A
Registered User
 
B4A's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Circumnavigating
Boat: 2018 Robertson and Caine, Leopard 40
Posts: 110
HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

I bought an HP Printer 3785 in Cape Town, South Africa. As I am circumnavigating, now I find myself in Brazil and need an ink cartridge.

Unfortunately, HP seems to block cartridges bought in countries that are different from the country of origin of the printer.

I bought a cartridge here in Brazil that it's made for the same model of my printer, although here in Brazil my printer is called with a different number. But I made sure about the compatibility by looking at HP website.

Needless to say, the cartridge doesn't work. I've contacted HP, but they were not able to help.

__________________

__________________
www.sailingoroboro.com
B4A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:35   #2
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Neptune's Gear's Avatar

Community Sponsor

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gulf Harbour, New Zealand
Boat: Farr Phase 4, 12.8m
Posts: 1,114
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Get the old one refilled
__________________
Matt Paulin
Neptunes Gear Ltd
www.neptunes-gear.com
Neptune's Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:08   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11,211
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Every less-developed nation I've been to has an IT oriented mall or neighborhood, where hundreds of tiny stalls are filled with very smart people selling everything you need.

And especially, know how to defeat these idiotic DRM type IP protections.
john61ct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:15   #4
B4A
Registered User
 
B4A's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Circumnavigating
Boat: 2018 Robertson and Caine, Leopard 40
Posts: 110
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Thanks, I've been lucky enough to never have to bother with this stuff. I'll ask around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Every less-developed nation I've been to has an IT oriented mall or neighborhood, where hundreds of tiny stalls are filled with very smart people selling everything you need.

And especially, know how to defeat these idiotic DRM type IP protections.
__________________
www.sailingoroboro.com
B4A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:52   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 82
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Why don't you buy ink e.g. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...AbTest=ae803_4 and fill it up? This is very easy process and you will have ink for a future filling too.
Username25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:20   #6
Registered User

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Currently cruising the eastern Caribbean
Boat: Lagoon 42, Minx
Posts: 77
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Replacement cartridges are insanely priced, everywhere. Use a refill kit. Even Amazon has a huge selection. Very easy to do, but refill inside, out of the wind. I learned the hard way and finally resorted to refilling in our stainless steel sink on a windless day. No matter how carefully you are, some ink always escapes.
singlespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:26   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: Watkins 29
Posts: 125
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4A View Post
I bought an HP Printer 3785 in Cape Town, South Africa. As I am circumnavigating, now I find myself in Brazil and need an ink cartridge.

Unfortunately, HP seems to block cartridges bought in countries that are different from the country of origin of the printer.

I bought a cartridge here in Brazil that it's made for the same model of my printer, although here in Brazil my printer is called with a different number. But I made sure about the compatibility by looking at HP website.

Needless to say, the cartridge doesn't work. I've contacted HP, but they were not able to help.

Some of types of cartridges cannot be refilled or if they can, they are limited in the number times that they can be refilled. The printer actually reads the cartridge and can tell if its been refilled or how many times.



Have you tried Ebay or AMAZON? Im sure you could find the correct version of cartridge from some provider somewhere who really doesnt care that youre in Brazil.
dennismenace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:58   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boat in Greece, Beach cat in Israel
Boat: Lagoon 400 & Nacra 6.0 beach cat
Posts: 925
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4A View Post
I bought an HP Printer 3785 in Cape Town, South Africa. As I am circumnavigating, now I find myself in Brazil and need an ink cartridge.

Unfortunately, HP seems to block cartridges bought in countries that are different from the country of origin of the printer.

I bought a cartridge here in Brazil that it's made for the same model of my printer, although here in Brazil my printer is called with a different number. But I made sure about the compatibility by looking at HP website.

Needless to say, the cartridge doesn't work. I've contacted HP, but they were not able to help.

FWIW: I have HP3785 purchased in Turkey. Bought in Greece compatible cartridges (not made by HP) and everything works fine.
__________________
Mark, S/Y Bat-Yam
meirriba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 13:03   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11,211
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Yes they use like five or seven sections of the world, like DVD players.

Greece and Turkey are in the same zone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...ast_and_Africa
john61ct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:22   #10
B4A
Registered User
 
B4A's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Circumnavigating
Boat: 2018 Robertson and Caine, Leopard 40
Posts: 110
Re: HP Printer 3785 ink cartridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlespeed View Post
Replacement cartridges are insanely priced, everywhere. Use a refill kit. Even Amazon has a huge selection. Very easy to do, but refill inside, out of the wind. I learned the hard way and finally resorted to refilling in our stainless steel sink on a windless day. No matter how carefully you are, some ink always escapes.


Thank you Singlespeed! We found a hole in the wall that did the job for USD2.50!!!

This forum is fantastic! You can find clever answers for everything!

__________________

__________________
www.sailingoroboro.com
B4A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E-Ink low power daylight display bokakob OpenCPN 1 12-02-2019 10:07
ccs1136 water separating cartridge manual pdf file sdowney717 Engines and Propulsion Systems 0 22-10-2011 06:43
HP black ink cartridges/ WESTERBEKE 58 LORRAINE Classifieds Archive 3 08-10-2008 07:57
change from cartridge to spin-on oil filter my1972ih Engines and Propulsion Systems 3 22-03-2008 18:14
slingin' ink capn_nik Boat Ownership & Making a Living 8 02-05-2004 08:19



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:07.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.