Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2017, 07:39   #1

Missing vessel

Hello,

I am hoping someone out there can help me. My husband and I purchased a 29' Sea Ray in 2007 and separated in 2008. I have not seen the boat since. I have the Hull and Coast Guard ID #'s but am leary about paying for the sites that say they will give me 'history reports' on the vessel. Does anyone know of a legit way I can find out what transactions/insurance claims have taken place on our vessel? Thank you so much for any assistance or recommendations you can provide.

Julie
jjeanfreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 08:53   #2

Boat: Sabre 34
Re: Missing vessel

I can't help but ask - why would you be trying to locate a vessel from a 10 year old separation, which I presume followed by a divorce? Back taxes?

And sorry, I can't answer your original question.
Alex_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 10:15   #3

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeanfreau View Post
Hello,

I am hoping someone out there can help me. My husband and I purchased a 29' Sea Ray in 2007 and separated in 2008. I have not seen the boat since. I have the Hull and Coast Guard ID #'s but am leary about paying for the sites that say they will give me 'history reports' on the vessel. Does anyone know of a legit way I can find out what transactions/insurance claims have taken place on our vessel? Thank you so much for any assistance or recommendations you can provide.

Julie
You may be able to find owner information with the registry number if the current owner has kept the registry active. See US Coast Guard Registry.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 14:03   #4

have you tried the county registration office, they will have your numbers on record, if it was on a trailer that registration might be of help
cptcptcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 15:38   #5

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

NOAA also maintains a registry:

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/Coas...esselByID.html

You could also contact the NVDC and ask:

http://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organiza...tation-Center/
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote