Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2015, 07:55   #61
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser
Re: 41' Searay Stolen from Downtown Kingston Marina

I concede.
Even though I provided the examples he asked for , FamilyVan's 15 minute Google research clearly trumps my lowly status of working with three law enforcement agencies, IAMI courses and researching this issue since the year 2000.
Old 17-10-2015, 09:33   #62

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Lot of "closet" Tom Clancy's on this thread. Bet you mods won't let this post stay up
Old 17-10-2015, 10:48   #63

Hmm, this thread is scoring well for entertainment value.

I've been pondering this stolen boat today. I left Trident this morning at 8:00, I just passed Brockville 10 minutes ago (13:30). I should reach todays destination- Prescott around 1500. Of course I'm not as fast as a sea ray, but I've been making 7-8 knots all day.

But from there its another 350 miles to the ocean and from there and then what? 1200 miles to next closest country. What ever happened to this yacht, I'm pretty sure its not being exported under its own power.

I bet its still within 10 miles of Kingston somewhere. I'm thinking it must be worth while for local guys to keep there eyes open. Somebody might just spot it if it hasn't been scuttled.

Sent from my XP7700 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 05:19   #64

Pretty sure it's not smuggling anything, doesn't make any sense in that area to use that kind of boat.
I don't know power boats well, what would be the value parted out? Pull the engines and chainsaw the rest?
Long run through the locks down the St Lawrence, think it would be pretty easy to find that way if it was stolen and went east.
Smells to me like an insurance job.
Next most likely would be stolen for the engines and whatever else would be of value. Then destroyed.
Joy ride is a possiblity, then where is it if it isn't sunk?
I know of many people who have had things "disappear" only to have them replaced with a brand new model. Never anything this big though! Usually motorcycles atvs, snowmobiles, jet skiis..............Strangest one was an entire maple syrup operation "disappeared" to be replaced with all new copper boilers and stuff.
Siberianhusky is offline   Reply With Quote