Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 23:14   #1

Boat: Tanker, 182 Meters
How to Convert "*.route" Route File into ".*wpt" File To Be Used in Maxsea V.10

Good day mates,

I am a second mate onboard an ocean-going tanker. I have installed a Maxsea V.10.1.3.2 in my laptop and used a Globalsat Bu-353 USB GPS. Everything somehow works fine and working now (through the help of this thread !!). We do have Kelvin Hughes Manta Digital ECDIS onboard, sailing paperless and I am in charge of the passage planning. Now I am interested to copy all my routes stored in the ECDIS and input it in Maxsea so I can have a nice little "ECDIS" in the comfort of my cabin when I'm off duty. The file extension created by KH were ".route" and I understand Maxsea will be able to open the route file in .wpt format.
Is there any software to convert this? I know I can type in through route window but it would be nice to just import them all in one zip as I have a huge database of routes all around the major shipping routes in the world stored in the bridge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doi
doiroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 00:03   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473
Re: How to convert "*.route" route file into ".*wpt" file to be used in Maxsea V.10

Have you tried GPSbabel, its a free download, its able to convert most route and waypoint files
Can think of better things to do at sea off duty than passage planning
nigel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 00:18   #3

Re: How to convert "*.route" route file into ".*wpt" file to be used in Maxsea V.10

Yep, gonna try that one..
No..its just that I wanted to have some overveiw of "where we are right now?" from time to time, especially when approaching a port, so I dont have to run ap to the bridge and check.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:00   #4

gues im out of luck..this software wont convert my Kelvinhughes routes into maxsea route format..
Old 03-07-2011, 01:42   #5

Boat: Simonis 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by doiroda View Post
gues im out of luck..this software wont convert my Kelvinhughes routes into maxsea route format..
The answer may be in the response to your message in this thread;
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post720649
svrevelations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:59   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473

Have you tried asking KH directly, never know, they may be willing to help
nigel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 23:53   #7

Re: How to Convert "*.route" Route File into ".*wpt" File To Be Used in Maxsea V.10

emailed them today..still awaitng for reply. Would like to upload my collection of routes..its a worldwide database usually for large tankers...I also have a collection of routes created by my previous ship's ECDIS (Raytheon Pathfinder) in .txt format..would like to upload it too...someone might be interested..
Old 12-03-2020, 06:00   #8

Boat: Ocean Yachts, 48ss - 15 meters
Re: How to Convert "*.route" Route File into ".*wpt" File To Be Used in Maxsea V.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doiroda View Post
Good day mates,

I am a second mate onboard an ocean-going tanker. I have installed a Maxsea V.10.1.3.2 in my laptop and used a Globalsat Bu-353 USB GPS. Everything somehow works fine and working now (through the help of this thread !!). We do have Kelvin Hughes Manta Digital ECDIS onboard, sailing paperless and I am in charge of the passage planning. Now I am interested to copy all my routes stored in the ECDIS and input it in Maxsea so I can have a nice little "ECDIS" in the comfort of my cabin when I'm off duty. The file extension created by KH were ".route" and I understand Maxsea will be able to open the route file in .wpt format.
Is there any software to convert this? I know I can type in through route window but it would be nice to just import them all in one zip as I have a huge database of routes all around the major shipping routes in the world stored in the bridge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doi
Am trying to do same thing but to convert .route file to .GPX
would also like to convert .GPX files to .route files to upload to Sperry Marine VisionMaster FT ECDIS.
route planning in OpenCPN and then convert to .route file and transfer to ECDIS.

Tags
maxsea