Note: users of the Trend ant-virus software
: it may balk when you try to install the new version GE2KAP.V10.0.1. For some unknown reason it thinks the install program its making unauthorized changes, but you will have to take my word for it its not.
You have two choices to get around this:
1. Download the GE2KAP.msi program which is V10.0.1 without the install frontend. You can get it here: www.gdayii.ca/Downloads
(use the whole link). Run it to install GE2KAP.V10.0.1.
2. Create an exception for the GE2KAP install program SETUPUI.exe in the Trend Exception list. Here is how to do that:
- Download the GE2KAP.V10.0.1.exe program into some folder but don't run it yet.
- Open Trend and click on the Settings icon. This will open the "Protection Settings" window.
- In the "Virus & Spyware Controls" UNcheck the "Check if programs try make unauthorized changes..." checkbox then press Apply.
- Start the GE2KAP install program GE2KAP.V10.0.1.exe but don't install it yet.
- In "Protection Settings" window click on Exception Lists. Then Click the Add button.
- Browse to the folder where you downloaded GE2KAP.V10.0.1.exe. You will see there is a folder called TEMPGE2KAP. Open this folder and click on the SETUPUI.EXE then press Open then OK.
- You should see the new exception in the exception list, press "Apply".
- Go back to "Virus & Spyware Controls" and now CHECK the "Check if programs try to make unauthorized...." checkbox. Then press Apply .
- In the GE2KAP install program press "Quit". Then rerun it and this time go ahead with installing it.